Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
abculatter_2

Hidden Fun Stuff

152 posts in this topic

No no, plays the sound. Does not actually explode. its a fun 'easter egg' that is a tip of the hat to the community.

though, eating lemon nades would be a great roulette game

I knwo what you meant, i'm saying that this can scare the shit out of someone who doesn't knows about this. And as it is a "secret" feature, no one will know about it.

I knwo what you meant, i'm saying that this can scare the shit out of someone who doesn't knows about this. And as it is a "secret" feature, no one will know about it.

hehehe, i love those random little things when you just start playing something and its like whatdafu? and then later when someone else is trying the game you just giggle to yourself as they get totally freaked out by it

and sir, your "location" does not seem to be a "location"

why is this so?

I went to a friend's place, we started talking about Terrafirmacraft, and i must have left my account open in his computer when i went back home... : He loves Mtg. Like, too much. Kinda feel bad for him sometimes...

So... back to non-personal life related discussion... Yeah, you are right. I'm all for the random noise when eating lemons :3

If you ever intend on adding songbirds for ambience/atmosphere I suggest a way to catch them in a wooden cage with seeds. You could take it down mining with you. Simply a throwback to the old canary in a cage that miners would use to detect changes in the air.

Another suggestion: Inuksuks, Petroforms, etc.. basically small formations of rocks on the surface placed there by a past civilization to mark ritual sites containing small caches of goodies like spears, stone axe heads.. maybe rarely a tin tool head.

If you ever intend on adding songbirds for ambience/atmosphere I suggest a way to catch them in a wooden cage with seeds. You could take it down mining with you. Simply a throwback to the old canary in a cage that miners would use to detect changes in the air.

Another suggestion: Inuksuks, Petroforms, etc.. basically small formations of rocks on the surface placed there by a past civilization to mark ritual sites containing small caches of goodies like spears, stone axe heads.. maybe rarely a tin tool head.

Those do sound interesting. I'm not a peta nut, but I'm not too fond of the whole canary in a cage idea... The inuksuks idea is interesting too, but I don't think Bioxx likes free stuff unless you work for it, ie treasure chests in a dungeon, but not random chests or treasure troves around the world

Coinage with Bioxx / Dunk logos? (old-school minting system?) Just an idea for the excess silver / copper / gold / platinum ore we have laying around. =)

Coinage with Bioxx / Dunk logos? (old-school minting system?) Just an idea for the excess silver / copper / gold / platinum ore we have laying around. =)

Luscarion. Pro-tip. Please do not post in a thread that has been dead for ages. This is a dark practice known as necromancy. Don't post in a very old thread unless it is ABSOLUTELY crucial. Instead, make your own thread. Even if it was in the suggestions thread directory, check the last post date.

And also:

WELCOME TO THE TERRAFIRMACRAFT FORUMS LUSCARION!

:)

Luscarion. Pro-tip. Please do not post in a thread that has been dead for ages. This is a dark practice known as necromancy. Don't post in a very old thread unless it is ABSOLUTELY crucial. Instead, make your own thread. Even if it was in the suggestions thread directory, check the last post date.

And also:

WELCOME TO THE TERRAFIRMACRAFT FORUMS LUSCARION!

:)

on the contrary, my good eye-person-thingy

this is not an example of the dark and taboo art of Necromancy, but rather a legittimate revival of the thread, as the post was completely on topic and relevant to the thread

and about making your own thread instead of using an old one? that's exactly what we want to discourage, why waste more space making anew thread when there's a perfectly usable thread you just have to dust off a bit.

and actually, if we ever do get a coin system, it would be rather neat to have the B symbol on them for Bioxx

- When ore veins are generated intersecting open areas (or open areas generated that intersect ore veins... not sure which comes first), have a small chance to generate a tool rack with a random pick and/or propick that only have about 10-20 uses left, a campfire, and a chest that can have stuff like a few support beams, torches, sticks, or nuggets. Would add a nice feel of someone's-been-here-before. For extra fun, add a skeleton spawner.

- Eating like 30 garlic in a row gives an effect that repels undead for a few minutes, and (optional) if pvp is enabled, deals suffocation damage to nearby players. Or add this as a possible effect to meals that include multiple garlic.

- When ore veins are generated intersecting open areas (or open areas generated that intersect ore veins... not sure which comes first), have a small chance to generate a tool rack with a random pick and/or propick that only have about 10-20 uses left, a campfire, and a chest that can have stuff like a few support beams, torches, sticks, or nuggets. Would add a nice feel of someone's-been-here-before. For extra fun, add a skeleton spawner.

- Eating like 30 garlic in a row gives an effect that repels undead for a few minutes, and (optional) if pvp is enabled, deals suffocation damage to nearby players. Or add this as a possible effect to meals that include multiple garlic.

errrr, the devs are totaly against anything that just gives you stuff for free, like this or random loot around the world, although making it into a dungeon like thingy might not be too bad

Implement an iconic figure (or at least something hilarious and/or special from TFC Alpha), if any, from the alpha days of TerraFirmaCraft.

P.S. - Are there any downloads for TFC Alpha (I've been around in very early Beta)?

P.S. - Are there any downloads for TFC Alpha (I've been around in very early Beta)?

I just open the download link (in Google Chrome btw) in an incognito window, and change the build number to the version I want in the URL.

And for alpha, type a instead of b. :)

And for alpha, type a instead of b. :)

Conveniant.

errrr, the devs are totaly against anything that just gives you stuff for free, like this or random loot around the world, although making it into a dungeon like thingy might not be too bad

I agree about the free stuff, but a pick with 10 uses left, 2-3 supports and a torch isn't going to significantly impact gameplay unless you manage to find it while you're still in the stone age (which is very unlikely).

First if you feed a cow beef (or cow brains if butchery adds that) turns a cow into a Minotaur.

not really sure after that.... maybe it drops a trophy of some sort...

Second rare re-skins of animals such as:

rare chicken as a turkey (if turkeys are not a separate mob)

rare cow as a mooshroom (don't know if it would be OP or not, they would be rare)

rare horse (assuming horses get added, seems probable though...) as zebras

maybe just have weird colored mobs like a blue chicken or yellow pig. like how you can find discolored Pokemon in some games or like minecraft sheep (less normal colours though)

I am surprised no one suggested this. On holidays in your world such as Dunk or Bioxx's birthdays or Christmas, or New Years, etc, etc.

On those days, the calendar has a reskin. would be cool, and could say like November 2, 1000 (Happy Birthday Dunk!) And have a reskin. :)

And extremely LATE reply but...heheheh

It is like the cave music in Vanilla. You think some serious stuff is about to go down, but later, you find out it is just random ambience. Like the lemon thing. :P

I am surprised no one suggested this. On holidays in your world such as Dunk or Bioxx's birthdays or Christmas, or New Years, etc, etc.

On those days, the calendar has a reskin. would be cool, and could say like November 2, 1000 (Happy Birthday Dunk!) And have a reskin. :)

And extremely LATE reply but...heheheh

It is like the cave music in Vanilla. You think some serious stuff is about to go down, but later, you find out it is just random ambience. Like the lemon thing. :P

oooh yeah, i remember when i first started playing minsraft, caves used to scare me so much

While playing Dwarf Fortress recently I thought of something; if you dig too deep under the magma layer, you'll unleash 'Hell', which is a massive army (except Withers and Enderdragons) of all MineCraft hostiles (Zombies, Skellies, Ghasts, etc. etc.) in the game destroying the world. If you die during the invasion, you'll respawn in your bed (or your spawn point) with everything completely normal. Even the tunnel you dig to 'Hell' isn't there; which means you respawned back in time, moments before 'Hell's' Invasion.

Questions, Suggestions, Concerns, or No?

Concern, SMP.

As long as everyone either dies or leave the server, then time should reverse, even in a griefer's case (if the server has PvP activated). An alternative, however, would be that the army of Hell should be finite (maybe limited to 1000?), and through team work and perseverance, it is possible to stop Hell's army. BUT, it would be very, very difficult, even for multiplayer, as you are up against hundreds of enemies, the enemy will have air and land superiority, and massive amount of lag (more likely in SSP than SMP, but it depends on the server).

Hidden fun stuff was a great part of DF, and as gratuitous difficulty (fun) is a core part of terrafirmacraft as well, I'm all for it!

What about slimestone? Just a small reference to Spum's latest episode on terra firma craft:

Here's a small idea, randomly when a chicken lays an egg it can come fully painted, a 1/1000 chance, using it does nothing, it can be cooked for a normal egg.