Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
abculatter_2

Hidden Fun Stuff

152 posts in this topic

What would be the development team's opinion on adding a metal or other material, similar to Dwarf Fortress' Adamantine? Where mining too much of it (or even just mining any at all) could cause bad things to start happening, such as opening a chamber which spawns demons, maybe with portals to the nether as well, or possibly we could come up with other things?

Perhaps it will just cause the player to start having bad luck until he/she destroys it somehow, such as simply dropping it and letting it despawn?

Just curious on your guys' thoughts on the idea.

I like hidden fun stuff, but I don't know about your suggestion in particular. Sorry :(

You could do what Notch did in the first days of Minecraft: secretely update the download at a fixed hour, fixed day of the week, so the players can explore and find that stuff by themselves.

The fact that i discovered minecraft too late for being there for those updates... just makes me sad D:

The fact that i discovered minecraft too late for being there for those updates... just makes me sad D:

Same to me :(

On topic. Isn't this mod removing or changing the nether?

You could do what Notch did in the first days of Minecraft: secretely update the download at a fixed hour, fixed day of the week, so the players can explore and find that stuff by themselves.

This please :D

I for one expierenced those days. best MC days ever. I still play alpha every once in a while. The colors are so pretty!

Same to me :(

On topic. Isn't this mod removing or changing the nether?

well its going to change it so much, we might as well be removing it and replacing it with something completely new

I like hidden fun stuff, but I don't know about your suggestion in particular. Sorry :(

Adamantine in Dwarf Fortress is a super-strong material that weighs almost nothing (it has a tensile strength ten times that of steel, but weighs as much as styrofoam; makes great armor and swords, but terrible hammers).

It's found very very deep underground, and is essentually used as a prison to keep back the clowns demons in the pits of hell.

If the player is not careful while mining it, they can unlease the demonic hoards (which are numberless).

In the old version (before the Z-axis rewrite), there was a N in 1000 chance every season (where N was the number of blocks mined) that the game would just end with a note about "You dug too deep and got too greedy and unleased the balrog" (cough, mines of moria, cough). It was the only official ending to the game that didn't involve abandoning the fort voluntarily, or having everyone die.

Anyway, the OP is just looking for a super-material very deep underground that does Awful and Terrible Things to the world after it has been mined.

Anyway, the OP is just looking for a super-material very deep underground that does Awful and Terrible Things to the world after it has been mined.

Pretty much this. Which is why I didn't elaborate very much in the OP. :P

But yeah, I think what Dwarf Fortress does nowadays or something similar to it would be more fun; (Spoiler'd for anyone who plays DF and doesn't want to know what adamantine does now)

There are massive pillars of the stuff rising up from the bottom of the earth, and through a sea of lava.

Beneath the lava, however, is basically hell, and breaking into that hell (by mining too deeply into the adamantine) spawns neigh-indestructible demons that kill everyone in your fortress.

Or, in other words, it's basically Mythril from the Mines of Moria. :P

Adamantine in Dwarf Fortress is a super-strong material that weighs almost nothing (it has a tensile strength ten times that of steel, but weighs as much as styrofoam; makes great armor and swords, but terrible hammers).

It's found very very deep underground, and is essentually used as a prison to keep back the clowns demons in the pits of hell.

If the player is not careful while mining it, they can unlease the demonic hoards (which are numberless).

In the old version (before the Z-axis rewrite), there was a N in 1000 chance every season (where N was the number of blocks mined) that the game would just end with a note about "You dug too deep and got too greedy and unleased the balrog" (cough, mines of moria, cough). It was the only official ending to the game that didn't involve abandoning the fort voluntarily, or having everyone die.

umm, he said he didnt know if he was going to consider it or not,

he didnt ask you to explain it in detail

umm, he said he didnt know if he was going to consider it or not,

he didnt ask you to explain it in detail

Really? That's what his post says?

To me it says "I don't know what you're suggesting" not "I don't know if I'll consider this."

I mean, which one makes more sense with the :( face?

"I don't know what this is :( "

or

"I don't know if I'll consider this :( "

... What he meant is that he liked secret stuff in the game, but that he is not sure that the particular suggestion made in this post is the kind of "secret stuff" he would like to see in the game ._.

At least that's what i think...

Hidden fun stuff, random deep pits with trampolines at the bottom...

Ooo, could have the coolaid pitcher dude come crashing through random walls and go OOHHH YYAAHHHHHH!!!

Hidden fun stuff, random deep pits with trampolines at the bottom...

Ooo, could have the coolaid pitcher dude come crashing through random walls and go OOHHH YYAAHHHHHH!!!

and facedesks were had that day

thanks for all the DF spoilers guys, you're awesome.

*achartran directs intense feelings of scorn at people in this topic.

It's good having reached the HFS, candy, and clowns for the first time :)

eh dont worry i've never played DF so i have not a single clue what they're talking aboot

and facedesks were had that day

that would be a hilarious mob for a separate mod, I would love it actually. ( the kool-aid guy)

Ok guys, I kinda liked where this was going, so I want to reopen this topic a bit. I want you guys to start making suggestions for fun things/ hidden secrets we could add to the mod. Few guidelines though: nothing too major, it can't be a core component of the game, closer to a side-quest, or something that you might not necessarily find through normal gameplay. You have to list what you want added, why adding it would be funny or cool and where the idea is from (ie, if it is an allusion, you have to explain what it alludes to)

In the nether, if you get to enter there, you will find a mob called "Bioxx", which is basically a reskin of the Steve mob, and will wander around holding a blue steel bucket full of lava :D

If you kill him, the mod uninstalls itself you can get the bucket -at a very low chance-. It won't spawn ever again, there's only one per nether.

Also, in the overworld, there is 1 -and only one- generated structure called a "Dunk home", a normal house with a farming patch, which is where a "Dunk" mob will spawn :3 it will holds a red steel bucket full of water, and wanders around in his house, or breaks/collects full grown plants and replants them if he has to. When you kill it, all the plants die, the house burns down, and, at a very low chance, you get the bucket. Won't spawn ever again.

Both of them can and will fight back, Bioxx with a blue steel sword and Dunk with a red steel one.

EDIT: sorry, didn't readed the whole post, i was too excited :P

Why to add this? partially, to give you guys the credit you deserve in the most selfish way :P on the other hand, it would be a good objective to set to yourself if you are bored or can advance even more: go there, explore your world or the otehr world, and find the developers of the game themselves.

Monty python rabbit. 'nuf said.

Monty python rabbit. 'nuf said.

uhh... no... not "nuff said" I said you had to explain in detail why you think a feature should be added.

Alright.... The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog. It can only be killed with the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, which is available from a enormous train of priests which spawns after your/a player's(SMP) first death to it, at the site of it's cave. (Or someone's first death). Highly territorial, it does not stray from it's cave, and will ignore you as long as you stay out of it's territory. One per world, no reward for killing it except you can now enter it's cave and check for ores in the cave wall. The cave is rather expansive, and is guaranteed to include minimum 1 ore vein/cluster, plus normally spawned ore veins.

Why add this? Because I think it adds an element of humour to the game, and something to brag about destroying. In addition, this mob would be something which would start competition in servers over who gets to kill it, which could ultimately be for nothing of significance, or end up granting access to a massive ore vein for whoever kills it. This makes it something to be sought after in faction servers and non-faction servers alike, for finding it, for very little cost, gives the faction which finds it an advantage. Or just gives no one any advantage.

If you feel this has too much effect on gameplay, then remove the reward outside "I killed the Killer Rabbit" bragging rights, and natural ore veins.

If oceans are ever deepened, I think an actual Dunkleosteus boss/miniboss mob would be cool. It could be about 10 meters long, hunt squid, attack boats, and deal 8 damage (4 hearts) when attacking. The monster would have 40 health (20 hearts) and an armor rating equivalent to vanilla diamond armor.

Additionally, it would have a 25% chance to swallow a player whole, which would deal 1-2 damage (half a heart to one heart) every second. To get out of its mouth, the player would have to halve the monster's health (i.e. if it's at 10 health the player would have to deal 5 damage to be spit out)

In a perfect world I would suggest that the monster have less armor when it's getting attacked from the inside, but I don't think that would be easy/possible to code.