Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
abculatter_2

Hidden Fun Stuff

152 posts in this topic

If oceans are ever deepened, I think an actual Dunkleosteus boss/miniboss mob would be cool. It could be about 10 meters long, hunt squid, attack boats, and deal 8 damage (4 hearts) when attacking. The monster would have 40 health (20 hearts) and an armor rating equivalent to vanilla diamond armor.

Additionally, it would have a 25% chance to swallow a player whole, which would deal 1-2 damage (half a heart to one heart) every second. To get out of its mouth, the player would have to halve the monster's health (i.e. if it's at 10 health the player would have to deal 5 damage to be spit out)

In a perfect world I would suggest that the monster have less armor when it's getting attacked from the inside, but I don't think that would be easy/possible to code.

woah woah woah, (I for sure know what a Dunkleosteus is) but hold up. I'm looking for ideas here, not step by step instructions. Any thing we DO implement will be carefully planned and balanced.

woah woah woah, (I for sure know what a Dunkleosteus is) but hold up. I'm looking for ideas here, not step by step instructions. Any thing we DO implement will be carefully planned and balanced.

Well, the reason I gave detailed instructions is because they're part of the joke. Except maybe the reward. That was probably just me overdoing it. Sorry.

Grues, in the absolute deepest parts of caves.

Well, the reason I gave detailed instructions is because they're part of the joke. Except maybe the reward. That was probably just me overdoing it. Sorry.

nah, you were better, you didn't give a complete break down of it's stats. Some things though, we can't GUARANTEE that a cave will have an ore vein in it. That's not how it works, and I don't like having monsters or bosses guarding NATURAL resources, i think those should be left on their own. I am, however, completely open to chests or what ever else could be used to reward the player.

Grues, in the absolute deepest parts of caves.

I asked for explanation for this point exactly: I have no clue what a grue is.

-deleted-

i was too late, hadn't refreshed in a while :P

In the old text based game Zork, grues were monsters that lived in dark caves. They couldn't be killed, but even a glimmer of light would make them flee. I think there was also something about lights going out faster when you're near them.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across like that. How about this:

Dunkleosteus miniboss mob: It's a big ole fish that kills you real quick. The Dunkleosteus spawns in large oceans and attacks players in boats. It's a reference/tribute to the mod developer of the same name, as well as a ocean mob (which we only have one of right now) and a boss/miniboss mob (which we only have one of right now, not counting the Wither).

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across like that. How about this:

Dunkleosteus miniboss mob: It's a big ole fish that kills you real quick. The Dunkleosteus spawns in large oceans and attacks players in boats. It's a reference/tribute to the mod developer of the same name, as well as a ocean mob (which we only have one of right now) and a boss/miniboss mob (which we only have one of right now, not counting the Wither).

the wither does not count because that sorry excuse for a mob will never touch TFC.

the wither does not count because that sorry excuse for a mob will never touch TFC.

Besides being the easiest "Boss" ever to kill, it's also ridiculously OP if you don't trap it in blast-resistant blocks. Thank you so much for not bringing it in!

The wither isn't that bad :P

There are limits to what you can do with a mob in vanilla.

nah, you were better, you didn't give a complete break down of it's stats. Some things though, we can't GUARANTEE that a cave will have an ore vein in it. That's not how it works, and I don't like having monsters or bosses guarding NATURAL resources, i think those should be left on their own. I am, however, completely open to chests or what ever else could be used to reward the player.

Is it possible to force structures to spawn inside ore veins? Such as the conditions for Rare Gems (Ex: Star rubies) in DF, where it must spawn inside a cluster of rubies.

And I have an idea for the contents of the chest: Holy Grail (Troll item. Can be placed in the world), random metal tools & weapons (Not suggesting red steel/blue steel, here. Just token items, like a bronze sword, a iron pick, and a copper shovel, to get an idea of what I'm suggesting)

Two new mobs added to vanilla, the bat and the witch.

Edit: Not a suggestion that was a comment.

-deleted-

gah, late again!

(he edited it before i posted)

Is it possible to force structures to spawn inside ore veins? Such as the conditions for Rare Gems (Ex: Star rubies) in DF, where it must spawn inside a cluster of rubies.

And I have an idea for the contents of the chest: Holy Grail (Troll item. Can be placed in the world), random metal tools & weapons (Not suggesting red steel/blue steel, here. Just token items, like a bronze sword, a iron pick, and a copper shovel, to get an idea of what I'm suggesting)

yeah I guess it's possible :/

bats might see TFC, witches will not.

the reward for killing the killer rabbit should be a deed to the castle ARRRGGGGGHHH (not sure of the exact spelling)

The wither isn't that bad :P

There are limits to what you can do with a mob in vanilla.

Well, the point of an update is to add new mechanics, new mobs, new items. Perhaps it could be a boss which you had to fight a running battle with, able to fit through any hole, and tunnel through anything, making it possible to hit with TNT by causing it to tunnel through that, activating the TNT. Seeing it is a player-created mob, why can't it requrie significant area preparation to defeat? Or perhaps it's a territorial boss, which will fight anything in it's territory. Or perhaps a PVP-oriented boss, which is friendly to the one who builds it. It's nice for vanilla, I admit, but It really would not fit in a TFCraft world.

EDIT: Spellings fixed. Note to self. Spell check.

bats might see TFC, witches will not.

They looked just liked testificates so I figured as much. Will anything ever be done with the testificates?

PS I know this will be shot down but what about putting the Wither in the Nether and then editing a little bit to better fit.

Don't worry, I'm unlikely to ask for anything like that. Unless you guys decide to re-implement gem "Ores", in which case I want star rubies in the middle of clusters of rubies, and things like that.

Don't worry, I'm unlikely to ask for anything like that. Unless you guys decide to re-implement gem "Ores", in which case I want star rubies in the middle of clusters of rubies, and things like that.

Guys, I don't want suggestions for huge things like this. If you play skyrim or oblivion, and look at some of the books that you can find lying around, some of them have random allusions to other games or stories, but it's generally concealed within a cyrodill themed story. I mean smaller things lol, things that we can add a whole bunch at once, not spend hours on a "hidden feature"

how about a chest that spawns in the wilderness, with a single stick inside of it. It's a stick in a box!

Paintings placed in the world could have a small chance of displaying the tag the devs have on the forums, like a shadowed letter B, a dunk fish, etc.

Okay, how 'bout...

You can craft brass back into it's components if you place it with a rose :)

*Still has loads of useless brass, wants his copper and zinc back*

Okay, now seriously...

If you make a pillar in this way:

S

S

D

D

S=sand

D=dirt

And then place a gravel block in the top, the whole thing is replaced with vanilla pumpkins. It only works once per world, even in multiplayer. It's secret -because someone will hardly do a pillar like that in accident-, it's useful -if used correctly, snow golems can be the best friend of your mob traps-, it has no way to exploit it -as you can't plant vanilla pumpkins seeds on TFC tilled dirt.-, and can lead to competitions in the server -to see who discovers and does this first-. In addition, vanilla pumpkins -if they still do spawm- are removed from the world spawm and maybe replaced with a TFC version?