Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Treyflix

Planks stacking

15 posts in this topic

Suggestion: planks should stack to 32

Reason: logs stack to 16. You get four planks from a axe. 4x16=64. 64 is to many because they are not tiny. 32 is perfect.

It personally really mars my enjoyment and immersion in the beliveibilty of the game when something that is a 4th of 16 only stacks to 8.

That is all Ò.ó

Yup. Making plank blocks gets really irritating with all the extra work of putting each individual plank in the crafting grid. x.x

Moral of the story: Don't cut your wood until you need it.

Unless, of course, making planks becomes more labor intensive, but that ain't gonna happen.

I'm not suggesting this because I'm lazy, I actually like that it requires more effort, but because it ruins the immersion because it's not believable.

I'm not suggesting this because I'm lazy, I actually like that it requires more effort, but because it ruins the immersion because it's not believable.

well you know, people usually kept piles of LOGS around because when they needed wood, the would just go out, split a few logs and be done with it.

._. errr...

a doubtful +1? i just woke up, i can't say anything against or in favor of anything >_<

The sizes in the new update are all over the place. Hopefully they will be re-balanced at some point. I'm still kind of hoping for a tetris inventory, though.

The sizes in the new update are all over the place. Hopefully they will be re-balanced at some point. I'm still kind of hoping for a tetris inventory, though.

you know? in fact i suggested it some time ago -the only difference is taht i made reference to the Diablo II inventory system :-. It was shot down because it would be too difficult to code, apparently.

And now that i think about it, how would you place a 2x2 item -just an example- in the hotbar so you an use it?

you know? in fact i suggested it some time ago -the only difference is taht i made reference to the Diablo II inventory system :-. It was shot down because it would be too difficult to code, apparently.

And now that i think about it, how would you place a 2x2 item -just an example- in the hotbar so you an use it?

I know it isn't an original idea, I've seen it around here. It was just a casual hope, related (kind of) to this topic.

The way I'm thinking, no more hotbar. You have two "holding" slots, and an object that can be held in one hand takes up one, even if it takes up more inventory space (sword or shield), but anything else that's too big to hold efficiently would take 2 hands and maybe slow your travel speed. An empty hand would be necessary for picking things up, or pulling out grass, etc. so you don't just use a feather because it doesn't break.

But this is getting a bit off topic...

I know it isn't an original idea, I've seen it around here. It was just a casual hope, related (kind of) to this topic.

The way I'm thinking, no more hotbar. You have two "holding" slots, and an object that can be held in one hand takes up one, even if it takes up more inventory space (sword or shield), but anything else that's too big to hold efficiently would take 2 hands and maybe slow your travel speed. An empty hand would be necessary for picking things up, or pulling out grass, etc. so you don't just use a feather because it doesn't break.

But this is getting a bit off topic...

and if you want to carry more than you can hold in your hands, you need a backpack,(you would start with a basic one for this purpouse)

and if you want to carry more than you can hold in your hands, you need a backpack,(you would start with a basic one for this purpouse)

Or maybe just pockets, and you have to build a backpack, and water-skin, increasing the usefulness of leather. And you could make a leather sheath to contain weapons, but don't take any inventory space. And the backpack wouldn't be able to be worn with armor (at least heavy types) on, so you have to choose to be prepared for battle or adventure at any given moment, although your backpack can of course hold your armor, given you have room and have time to put it on before you're attacked. The backpack could be damaged when your torso is hit, and eventually break, scattering your items all over the ground. Items should also all become a "block" when they hit the ground, so you can place anything you want, they wont despawn or over-lag, and they can stack to reach an area without having to carry a stack of cobble (dirt towers don't work no more, unreleased), and having lots of weight could slow you down, so that you have to make an important choice: do I let the bear catch up to me and take my chances, or drop my valuable items to get away faster. And food should have to be preserved, by drying, salting, etc. or it will rot and give you food poisoning. And all of the animal mobs that would be hostile should be, and very dangerous, but hard to find (they can find you, though). Passive animals should run away as fast as they can from you if they see you, so hunting would be a lot more difficult, instead of going up and whacking it with a knife. Deer shouldn't baa. There should be a fatigue meter, that recharges faster, but is dependent on, the hunger bar, so you can't run until you starve. And health should recover only after sleeping, and depending on how you treat the wounds. And beds should simulate the outside world when you sleep, so your fire wont still be going in the morning. And...

I told you we were going off topic. BTW, I am waiting and hoping for a lot, and ramble sometimes. Sorry.

A link to one of the three threads where this was discussed search inventory in title for others. However all these threads are completely useless as people take one look at them and ignore them. They need a new reorganized thread. Read through that thread though, it has all my ideas on it. At first I was against it until I saw reasoning and possibilities, I honestly think this could happen but it all depends on presentation. If this new thread says small inventory or realistic even once the idea is gone. Therefore I ask someone to make a new thread but not until we have worked out the kinks here.

I think you guys are failing to understand my point.

We get 3 (or 8) medium items out of 1 small item.

This is totally unbelievable and ruins game immersion! This mod is all about being believable and this is not believable!

I think you guys are failing to understand my point.

We get 3 (or 8) medium items out of 1 small item.

This is totally unbelievable and ruins game immersion! This mod is all about being believable and this is not believable!

Yes, I agree. That^^^ is what I thought some days ago while working with planks.

Bioxx must agree, planks are now very small. sweet!