Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Treyflix

Greenhouses!

43 posts in this topic

Support

you do know that theres a blue button that says "like" on it t the right of the OP

just click that instead of posting unneccesary posts but still show your support for a thread

thanks, and Welcome to the Forums!!!

-and may the odds be ever in your favor-

'-and may the odds be ever in your favor-"

Overused meme is overused

I would enjoy some way to keep my crops growing year round. However, there is one major issue with identifing what a greenhouse is, and large structures have a technological wall related to performance. We need to find the simplest definition of a in game green house.

Let me start the definition off:

-Contains glass blocks exposed directly to the sky

-Contains a Tilled tile with

-3-5 blocks of unobstructed air between glass and tilled blocks

--Excludes crops as a block

'-and may the odds be ever in your favor-"

Overused meme is overused

I would enjoy some way to keep my crops growing year round. However, there is one major issue with identifing what a greenhouse is, and large structures have a technological wall related to performance. We need to find the simplest definition of a in game green house.

Let me start the definition off:

-Contains glass blocks exposed directly to the sky

-Contains a Tilled tile with

-3-5 blocks of unobstructed air between glass and tilled blocks

--Excludes crops as a block

It also needs to contain:

-Glass below other glass (to make the walls)

-A door below the glass (That way you can enter the greenhouse)

-Water (Or your plants die)

-Dirt blocks/grass blocks (Where you can walk)

Lets make it as simple as possible. It would need space to grow, a place to grow, an enclosed space, and natural lighting.

I think we need to define 'Indoor'

- Must have a floor

-- Any block except non opaque blocks other then water.

- Must have a wall within 3 blocks of its self.

-- Any block except non opaque blocks other then glass, doors, and glass panes

-- This condition is ignored if a Plant is immediately adjacent to it on 4 sides

- Must have a skylight

-- Only glass blocks may be used.

-- Skylight may be present in any of the 9 blocks(3x3 grid)

-- Blocks that allow light to pass though unhindered are ignored if above the first layer of glass(IE, Fences)

- Must have 3-5 blocks of air above it.

-- Plants consider themselves one block of air

EDIT: Every time someone adds a new definition, I will repost this with the edits they mentioned.

And maybe the bigger the area inside the greenhouse the cooler it gets, but the more glass with sunlight hitting it on the outside the warmer it gets...

SUPPORT!!!

Gosh, forgot about this. Who thought of this awesome idea?! (;P)

I'm sad this thread suffered from a premature death, perhaps it can be revived?

Gosh, forgot about this. Who thought of this awesome idea?! (;P)

I'm sad this thread suffered from a premature death, perhaps it can be revived?

I don't think we have a thread doctor. The old one disappeared a while back...

I don't think we have a thread doctor. The old one disappeared a while back...

Doctor? Someone call me?

Huh, a doctor, we have lawyers, stock brokers, and a bunch of biologists, but you're the first doctor, seems this forum's getting classier by the day. ;)

Huh, a doctor, we have lawyers, stock brokers, and a bunch of biologists, but you're the first doctor, seems this forum's getting classier by the day. ;)

We also have smiths, nature explorers, miners, prospectors, and a farmer (me). So it's plenty rugged to.

Edit: dammit arch! Your worse then noodles with the derails. Oh well, atleast this thread will stay bumped.

what are you, the official rail inspector? Because you're doing a pretty shit job...

EDIT:

WHOOOOOOOO, 300 posts!! release the fingernail clipping confetti!

Congratulations for the 300 posts, Achartan :D 300 posts of derailment, some help and some ideas. But mostly, derailment and derail-related content. We, the derailers army, are very proud of your progress.

Congratulations for the 300 posts, Achartan :D 300 posts of derailment, some help and some ideas. But mostly, derailment and derail-related content. We, the derailers army, are very proud of your progress.

thankyouvrrymuch

#random_elvis_reference

We also have smiths, nature explorers, miners, prospectors, and a farmer (me). So it's plenty rugged to.

and one Eldrich Spaghetti God, so its plenty odd also

And thus, a running joke was born.

Engineers!

I dunno, seemed appropriate.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0