Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
JackZaitsev

Finding clay problem!

22 posts in this topic

well i cant find any in the latest build walked around for an hour and swimmed for another with no success...

any help?

Look near water. Especially shallow areas along a river. Small lakes tend not to have any, but rivers always do. If you can't find any in the river bed, or any two-high cliffs where the grass doesn't grow on the sides of blocks, every 15 or so blocks, dig up one of the grassy ones and see what's underneath.

Don't find any in one direction? Try the other.

Look near water. Especially shallow areas along a river. Small lakes tend not to have any, but rivers always do. If you can't find any in the river bed, or any two-high cliffs where the grass doesn't grow on the sides of blocks, every 15 or so blocks, dig up one of the grassy ones and see what's underneath.

Don't find any in one direction? Try the other.

i tried every direction but i will keep searching so you are sure that clay exists in this build (i am using the latest one)?

I haven't played the latest build.

Anyway, that's why in my hypothetical TFC-like mod, one could use sand in place of clay (with a reduced tool durability in the end), because you really can use sand molds.

My wife is using the latest version and she did find some. (build-51)

This forum collects "I can't find clay!!!" threads daily

Current clay mechanics are as follows:

Spend 2 hours looking for it and find some, but not much. Walk 5 minutes in another direction from your original location and find a huge deposit of it. True story :)

Spend 2 hours looking for it and find some, but not much. Walk 5 minutes in another direction from your original location and find a huge deposit of it. True story :)

</story of my life>

Ironically, in my current survival world, the initial deposit I found was actually closer than I'd realized, as I took a long way around-and-back.

so the clay is true! ok now that i know its not a bug i go back to searching...

thanks guys...

3 days (real life days not minecraft ones) and still cant find clay anywhere! gonna keep exploring but its kinda boring is clay suposed to be so rare?

cheers...

Yes, it's a lot rarer than in 48g, where I made my first world. I found 5 deposits if clay in the surroundings of my home. And one of them had the appearance of a cave, but it was natural. Still searching like Jack in 52d.

I found some relatively close to my house I made, I think you just gotta look harder Jack. I'm sure it'd be easier on a server than by yourself.

haha this happens almost every time I look for clay

Well, if you're still having issues locating any, could always try and post your seed.

Someone with some time and luck on their side might be able to locate some in your world.

Other then that, just keep on looking and you could try to check to see if the grass has just grown over deposits along the riversides.

But regardless, good luck in your hunt.

As everyone has mentioned, your best bet for clay is river beds, or where pools of water exist in green valleys between rock outcrops. And what you think is dirt/grass is actually all clay.The clay beds are very large and not deep, so once you found one you'll be happy for awhile. I've seen clay beds frequently exposed, so keep looking at the base of outcrops for those wonderful gray, white and brown stripes.

Keep exploring, you will find clay.

so guys take a look at this...

http://imageshack.us...8/founditq.jpg/

sorry i could not figure out how to post images (yes i used the little image button it just didn't work).

thats the camp i've been living since the beguining of my play section 3 days ago and i wandered almost 1000 blocks in all directions and did not find clay and i was siting on top of it all the time!

so guys i am really angry and really happy at the same time... :)

thanks for all the help guys...

This forum collects "I can't find clay!!!" threads daily

I just can't find ore deposits. Clay? No problem! :P

i was siting on top of it all the time!

The last time I had trouble finding clay, I had this rather steep hill near me. Every time I went out searching for clay, I would go either to the left or right of the hill, and then I would always come back a different way.

I probably spent 4 minecraft days searching for clay. I checked probably 15 lakes, some of them being huge, and not a single one had clay.

One time I came back the same that I left (near the steep hill). It turns out the whole back side of the hill was clay. I literally had 200 blocks of clay that were only 10 seconds away from my house the whole time.

sorry i could not figure out how to post images (yes i used the little image button it just didn't work).

If you can't use the image button, at least use imgur.com. It's accessible and very easy to use.

I just can't find ore deposits. Clay? No problem! :P

I can't find neither ore or clay. The world I'm in is very lame and sad.

If you can't find clay, you aren't looking hard enough. It's probably laughing at you from right under your feet, below a thin shield of grass.

If you can't find ore, you aren't trying hard enough. Rock and sluices do provide ore. Just not in the first ten attempts.

Don't blame the world - look inward.

yeah, the world i have i started on a beach 10 seconds from Clay and i am next to a Massive Sequoia Forest lol. Zinc is the common Ore i would find in Rocks... finally got enough for a Pick and chisel. and the Sequoia trees provide me with easy charcoal... took me so long to get Copper that i am lost on what to do now lol... i found a vein that gave me a entire large chest(the restored size ones) full of Native Copper. and then some. i made a Copper Anvil, and a copper chest piece and a copper pick. my new mine where i found this goes right into a frakin cave system thats above an underground ravine -_-; thats my next monster... oh and the cave system provided Tin so i have a bronze anvil now.