Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
spumwack

I'm a YT personality who wants to do vids for TFC

43 posts in this topic

nice test video you did there. I really like how you sum up about what the mod is.

If it just added animations (I like the swimming), I'd be willing to get it. But because if affects gameplay mechanics, I'd like to stay away from it. It kinda feels, to me, like it's a step towards the "adventurey" direction that Mojang took with Minecraft that turned me away from vanilla MC in the first place.

I think the spirit of Minecraft has an inherent charm, a lot of which I attribute to simple gameplay mechanics coupled with an immensely complicated potential for creativity. It feels like a really really really really really well done old game. And the sliding and climing and just make it feel more "new" and removes some of the innocent charm (for me).

Not to mention it's one less mod that people who want to join the server have to install.

I am so with you on not using Smart Movement I do like the backpacks mod though for this game

It depends on what you are doing. If I was climbing a mountain, I would probably climb since it is in the name. Even in spelunking, you would need to climb and slide through small holes. If I was the last person in a deserted world I might find that I needed to climb in order to survive, but then we were talking about real life right? Not a game...

I have "climbed" mountains and been spelunking in real life. There's no "climbing" or "sliding" involved in either of things. Mostly, it just's just walking down long, uphill, enclosed, or treacherous paths. Actual climbing IRL is more for things like parkour and rock climbing, both of which are action sports, and are not generally relevant survival skills.

The purpose of the mod may not be to be as realistic as possible, but I would like my LP to be. I'm simply using TFC as a wonderful tool in order to engage people and capture them within the "survival" mindset that I always wanted vanilla MC to have. I feel like SM just adds relatively frivolous abilities that would only detract from the feel of the series.

just be aware that TFC without SM is a fairly unusual combination

If I didn't do things differently, I would be the same as everyone else.

I have "climbed" mountains and been spelunking in real life.

I hate to doubt you here, but if you actually have gone caving, I really doubt you would call in 'spelunking'. That's a term that fell out of use a long time ago. I've gone caving with a couple different groups, and everyone I've ever met on these trips has been adamant that "spelunking" is only a term used by people that know nothing about it.

Wikipedia explains it this way:

In the 1960s, the terms spelunking and spelunker began to be considered déclassé among experienced enthusiasts. They began to convey the idea of inexperienced cavers, using unreliable light sources and cotton clothing. In 1985, Steve Knutson (editor of the NSS publication American Caving Accidents) made the following distinction:

…Note that I use the term 'spelunker' to denote someone untrained and unknowledgeable in current exploration techniques, and 'caver' for those who are.

This sentiment is exemplified by bumper stickers and t-shirts displayed by many cavers: "Cavers rescue spelunkers".

If I didn't do things differently, I would be the same as everyone else.

Like I said, use the mods that you want, not what everyone else says. Just make sure you mention in the video that it's considered unique among most TFC players.

Eh. I never claimed to be an expert. I just meant I've been in some caves.

Well, in a guided tour, you'll just be walking, and possibly not even wearing a hard helmet.

In all the caves I've been in, there has been quite a bit of sliding and squeezing through very tight spaces.

The first caving trip I went on, we actually spent the first 30 minutes slithering on our bellies. After that, there was lots of crawling, and occasionally we could stand. Then, deep in the earth, we finally got to a cavern with a 50+ foot ceiling! Our flashlights were just barely bright enough for us to see the ceiling! To get into that room, though, we had to turn our bodies sideways and slide up through a very narrow gap.

Eh. I never claimed to be an expert. I just meant I've been in some caves.

I've seen some shit

post-236-0-88899700-1348288963_thumb.jpg

I've started uploading my video tutorials to the "guides" section, link's here.

If anyone who can edit the wiki would like to link to my videos in various articles, well, that would be just great. That's sort of what I'm making them for.

I've started uploading my video tutorials to the "guides" section, link's here.

If anyone who can edit the wiki would like to link to my videos in various articles, well, that would be just great. That's sort of what I'm making them for.

you could just ask to be able to edit the wiki yourself in the forum post. There's no test or anything, basically if you ask, I'll add you to the editors list.

Also, great job on those videos, I subscribed to your channel.

Nice vids i just want to make a suggestion four your youtube channel, make a playlist just for TFC tutorials that way any subcriber will find what they want to see quickly, i often need to refresh my knowledge about something in TFC so if i want for example review how to make ingots i would go to you cahnnel, then to your playlist and re watch the video i need, all that = happy subcriber... remember being organized helps you and the comunity you're helping keep up the good work :)

If anyone would be the one to represent TFC on youtube it should definitely be Spum (Although I'm probably biased being a long time fan). He's great at presenting ideas and concepts in a simple and efficient format, and his personality comes off as really friendly.

As for SM, I'd rather TFC kind of incorporate their own deviation of it inside of their mod (I mean crawling, for example, would be added, but it would be nerfed and done differently). In it's own state I don't think it fits with TFC at all.

I think there's room for several people to "represent" TFCraft on Youtube. The more the merrier :)

You're what got me into TFCraft in the first place, Mr. Muse. Therefore, you are awesome. :)

Been a sub of your's since the chickenator, glad to see you coming to TFC it is super fun and I look forward to your videos.

I'm enjoying it so far. Hey, does anyone know how to embed a video into the wiki? Or if that's even possible? I'm trying to put my vids in there but the best I can do so far is add a link.

I'm enjoying it so far. Hey, does anyone know how to embed a video into the wiki? Or if that's even possible? I'm trying to put my vids in there but the best I can do so far is add a link.

go here: http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/SGS1E1

press "edit" and try and figure out how he did it

Re-edited your post in my guide No nonsense, so you can see what I did there. otherwise I'm also the one doing the http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/SOTMead for mead. That page has multiple ways of displaying links and yt videos, are you thinking about making your own wikipage for your videos and such?

Thanks dude, appreciate it.

Spose it wouldn't hurt to have my own page, but it's not a priority. I'm mainly just doing vids for general articles