Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
spumwack

I'm a YT personality who wants to do vids for TFC

43 posts in this topic

Hey there,

My name is Sean. I'm also known as TheMinecraftMuse on YouTube. I've got roughly 30,000 subscribers on my TMM channel and I would like to create a series of videos for this mod, including a Lets Play series (I'm organizing other YTers to join a server with me, like Mindcrack) and also do tutorial videos, keeping up to date with the latest versions of the mod.

Now, normally I would just go ahead and do the video, but I wanted to share this with Bioxx and the forums before I released it, so I can get feedback and make sure it's accurate to the current version of TFC and hopefully inspire Bioxx to replace some of those ancient videos he has under the "videos" section of the site with my own. Unlike other YTers, I won't be treating it as a small spotlight, I'll be treating it as an entirely new game, deserving of its own series and tutorials.

One disclaimer- My TMM channel is going to be retired soon, and I'm starting a new channel. So I'll be uploading the following video (Or a revised version, based on feedback) to my TMM channel and every subsequent video to my new channel (Spumwack).

I've got a pretty hardcore fan base and I think I can introduce a lot of people to TFC. Conversely, my new channel could use the traffic boost from being featured on this site.

This is a wee bit off topic, but I can't express my happiness at you moving to TFC.

Also, as a big fan of yours, I can't help but ask a question. Was my comment on our channel (I was Mrcycloboy) suggesting TFC what got you into it?

Anywho, I think the TFC community is going to be blown away by the quality of your videos.

Edit: just watched the teaser video. Your reputation for being the greatest minecraft LP'er only grows!

edit 2: to add something constructive to my post, I figured I should let you know that the Smart moving and Matmos mods are practically companion mods to TFC. If you start a LP, you best off using them. Rei's minimap and TMI are also, for marking and recipes, but those do not fit your style and are kinda cheaty and unessacary.

There is a tutorial on getting Matmos to work with TFC in the guides section, it's real simple.

Definitely at least check out SM and Matmos. Their very good companions to TFC.

Well any videos showing off TFC is always welcome in my book. But you should keep in mind there so many being made,Even on main web page, as guides. But if your voice can sound like it does now. It sounds like a winner to me.

They should totally get you as the official TFC LP/YTer.

Excelent video demostration that should be posted on the MC forums OP

I don't think SM (Or the others) fit too well, tbh. Although I do really like the idea of using Matmos, and I will likely do that now. Sweet advice.

I'm really excited about this mod. It's bringing back all the feelings I had when I first started playing Minecraft.

I don't think SM (Or the others) fit too well, tbh. Although I do really like the idea of using Matmos, and I will likely do that now. Sweet advice.

I'm really excited about this mod. It's bringing back all the feelings I had when I first started playing Minecraft.

Well it's all personal opinion :) Matmos is the only one that will actually directly improve the enjoyment of the viewer. So I'm glad you like it.

Although, watching some one fumble around in a situation that could be solved by smart moving can be slightly anoying to people that use it, that is, almost all people who play TFC. Just sayin :)

I agree, and the great thing about this mod is the updates are always exciting and meaningful.

Wow gotta say that's a really cool vid Welcome to the Comunity :) hope you can bring both newcommers and usefull tutorials to TFC looking up for your series, i'm heading on youtube and subscribe!

PS

If i can help in any way just say it i'll be honored

Great to see muse here. Lol he can have 20 episodes of the Epic Quest to find Ore.

subbed

Although' date=' watching some one fumble around in a situation that could be solved by smart moving can be slightly anoying to people that use it, that is, almost all people who play TFC. Just sayin :)[/quote']

I just want to support the non-smart moving side by saying whenever I see a video with someone using smart moving I always feel like it's being cheat-y.

Of course to each their own, just sharin my opinion.

I just want to support the non-smart moving side by saying whenever I see a video with someone using smart moving I always feel like it's being cheat-y.

Of course to each their own, just sharin my opinion.

My geuss is Sean feels this way to, seeing as he doesn't want to use it. To me this seems silly, for one its such a organic mod that really improves game immersion and for two almost EVERYONE who plays TFC uses it. It's too the point that the devs wantabout adding it to TFC. Of course they had to reject the idea because thats copyright infringement and all that jazz.

I'm mostly just letting Sean know that he will alienate a good amount of his potential viewers if he chooses not to use it, I myself won't mind simply because his videos are awesome haha.

Just peronal opinion though :) welcome to the forums!

If it just added animations (I like the swimming), I'd be willing to get it. But because if affects gameplay mechanics, I'd like to stay away from it. It kinda feels, to me, like it's a step towards the "adventurey" direction that Mojang took with Minecraft that turned me away from vanilla MC in the first place.

I think the spirit of Minecraft has an inherent charm, a lot of which I attribute to simple gameplay mechanics coupled with an immensely complicated potential for creativity. It feels like a really really really really really well done old game. And the sliding and climing and just make it feel more "new" and removes some of the innocent charm (for me).

Not to mention it's one less mod that people who want to join the server have to install.

Good luck with the videos. Subbed.

I do think you should use Smart moving though, it's almost essential with TFC.

Great to see muse here.

/me quickly checks youtube, discovers that Muse is the "X things you didn't know about Minecraft" guy...

Wow! Welcome!

But if your voice can sound like it does now. It sounds like a winner to me.

The magic isn't his voice, it's the editing. Putting together that 2 minute clip probably took a couple hours, and YouTube personalities who take shortcuts are a dime a dozen. This guy, however, knows how to do it right and takes the time to do it!

As far as smart moving goes, I'm not really a big fan, but Treyflix is correct in that almost everyone who uses TFC uses SM also. Nearly all of the TFC public servers have it installed, so Muse should probably at least mention it in one of the videos, just so that people know what to expect.

The only YTer ever who did edeting right was X. or david64yt. recorded audio seperat, added brightness and all that. he spend waaay to long fiddling around with that stuff, but it sure cane out great.

Also, im not going to sub to you since I watch cry and Mead, and you stated yourself as a personality. I have a problem with people from the internet thinking they're famous. (imho)

The only YTer ever who did edeting right was X. or david64yt. recorded audio seperat, added brightness and all that. he spend waaay to long fiddling around with that stuff, but it sure cane out great.

Also, im not going to sub to you since I watch cry and Mead, and you stated yourself as a personality. I have a problem with people from the internet thinking they're famous. (imho)

You should get over yourself. I watch Crysyn and Mead as well but this guy clearly put together a great intro video and anyone with the ability to bring more light to TFC and expose more people to this great mod is more than welcome in my opinion.

Also, where did he claim to be famous? He has a personality and he's on Youtube. Seems legit.

Not to mention it's one less mod that people who want to join the server have to install.

SM is one of the mods that is not mandatory for ppl to have installed if they want to join. Though they may not be able to use all buildings and stuff like that. But thats their decision. I wasnt in favor of smart moving before i used it, but since i use it i really started to love it. Most for the climbing instead of always having to dump blocks at your feet.

SM is one of the mods that is not mandatory for ppl to have installed if they want to join. Though they may not be able to use all buildings and stuff like that. But thats their decision. I wasnt in favor of smart moving before i used it, but since i use it i really started to love it. Most for the climbing instead of always having to dump blocks at your feet.

Exactly the same here.... thought it was a crazy idea until I tried it... then it all made sense, especially with TFC. This mod is going for believability and it is more believable to me that my character can do more than just bunny hop and walk/run.

I would still watch the series either way, I just think SM fits in extremely well with the feel Bioxx is going for with TFC.

Believe me, I don't think I'm famous. My goal is to become famous, but I'm not there yet. The problem is, if you say "I'm going to do a Lets Play on YouTube" without anything other information, everyone just assumes that you're one of 128597023896547523 amateurs with no fan base and they will likely ignore the post.

tl;dr Using social proof is an advertising tactic, regardless of ego.

As long as we're giving our honest opinion, I couldn't give a shit about one subscription. But I know where you're coming from because I believed the same thing until I realized that people speak that way on purpose, because it works.

And in regards to SM... Call me the black sheep, but I still don't like the idea of it.

I equate it to sprinting: It's extremely convenient and it's useful and I use it all the time. But it wasn't until after I went back and played 1.3 that I realized how much I missed being unable to sprint. It's sort of like the show Survivorman. He does all this cool stuff just to survive, but you rarely see him sprinting or climbing or sliding or diving. The show's not about "action", and I don't want the LP to be about "action". In response to the person who said it's more real than only being able to walk or jump, I disagree. 99% of the time, even in extreme scenarios, people are just walking or jogging.

Really, how often do you climb in real life?

i agree with you 100%. Sm does take the action out of the game. Most used it to have fun, or to those crazy dive in lakes. Most U-Tuber have SM. Most don't. It like Most Add-on. I used rei Map. Most people don't have it. I used it ,because I get lost very easy. and If had place a Torch or Rocks on ground show where I been. It prob pick it up. LOL

Also I do have SM install - not for fun. But for Creative, To get into place, Crack to add stuff to build. etc. I never learn that dive, or Climbing- Or that Sliding. When am I goin to,, From a Bear. Yea right.lol

Wow, I think there's a lot of misunderstandings here. People are making a lot of assumptions about the video format, and I don't think these assumptions are necessarily correct.

If you are making highly edited videos, people won't even know if you have SM installed, because you'll never need to jump 2(+) high. You'll design the area you are showing off to not require highly athletic maneuvers.

If you are doing a let's play on a server with a number of other people, then you probably want to put SM on the server. If you don't you'll probably need to mention in the video that your server is different than most other TFC servers because of the lack of SM. You should definitely use the mods you want to use, instead of listening to us, but just be aware that TFC without SM is a fairly unusual combination (although not quite as unusual as Forestry without Buildcraft). I have many different Minecraft installations on my hard drive (XMod Pack, Tekkit, homemade mod-packs with mystcraft/forestry, etc), and none of my mod cocktails have SM except for those with TFC.

Another question that is almost important as SM is cave-ins. Some servers change the cave-in possibility from 1/40 to 100% (one-line change in config file). Personally, I think this is a good change, as it adds interesting challenges to mining ore. Unlike the SM decision, your decision here will definitely be noticeable in your videos. You could be using very dumb mining techniques and not know it, due to not fully understanding what causes cave-ins and what doesn't. If you change the ratio to 100%, then you'll be learning the cave-in mechanics as you play in the videos, which will be a lot more useful to your viewers.

Really, how often do you climb in real life?

It depends on what you are doing. If I was climbing a mountain, I would probably climb since it is in the name. Even in spelunking, you would need to climb and slide through small holes. If I was the last person in a deserted world I might find that I needed to climb in order to survive, but then we were talking about real life right? Not a game...