Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
makeroflight

should i open my server to the public?

18 posts in this topic

hi, i have a server already for terrafirmacraft build 50c, smart moving enabled, etc, but it's only right now just for friends but i thought i should ask for an opinion of wether or not you would play on my server.

i have a 1 gh/z internet connection, and im able to turn it on almost every weekday usually from 3:30 pm central time to 10:00 pm central time, on weekends usually from 8 or 9 am to 11 pm.

my idea of what i'd have the server as is anarchy no rules at all on medium difficulty with smartmoving enabled, and 30 slots, but i can add or remove 10. and no whitelist. what do you think? would you play on the server or should i just leave it private? i do have experience as an operator on other servers and im a very fair admin and can solve conflict if needed. thanks for your time. :)

so i believe you meant you have 1MB conection? or it is 1GB? because thats crazy speed man...

so i believe you meant you have 1MB conection? or it is 1GB? because thats crazy speed man...

one gigahertz which i believe is 1000 megahertz.

Like what Jackzaitsev said.. You mean you got a 1 MB connecting. If it the other, you must have real kick ass of a computer. Oh about your server. it should be whitelist. and only your friends should join. keep it small, so you can see any problem. TFC can have issue, and having many complaint would kill anyone joining big time. If you have run a server , there shouldn't see any issue you might have. Keep it simple I say.Deathban (small time)no grieving.. being on a server is real Fun. To show other what You know, and help those that never play it before.

I'm not asking for a slot. I have fun playing my ssp. Nor am I asking to be your friend. Just make sure you keep your fellow member in the loop. with either some Voice chat or Skype..

Like what Jackzaitsev said.. You mean you got a 1 MB connecting. If it the other, you must have real kick ass of a computer. Oh about your server. it should be whitelist. and only your friends should join. keep it small, so you can see any problem. TFC can have issue, and having many complaint would kill anyone joining big time. If you have run a server , there shouldn't see any issue you might have. Keep it simple I say.Deathban (small time)no grieving.. being on a server is real Fun. To show other what You know, and help those that never play it before.

I'm not asking for a slot. I have fun playing my ssp. Nor am I asking to be your friend. Just make sure you keep your fellow member in the loop. with either some Voice chat or Skype..

i don't have a one mb connection, it's 1 gigahertz.

i don't have a one mb connection, it's 1 gigahertz.

That's not a connection speed. That's a frequency, for something usually in computers it'd be a processor.

Internet speeds are in Megabits per second most commonly, go to speedtest.net and tell us your actual result, what your provider says is usually at most a guideline.

Edited by renadi

oh! my bad i am sorry, i meant Gigabit i am sure, since i remember my dad telling me our router is one gigabit speed but I thought it was gigahertz for some reason *facepalm* lol. my bad.

oh! my bad i am sorry, i meant Gigabit i am sure, since i remember my dad telling me our router is one gigabit speed but I thought it was gigahertz for some reason *facepalm* lol. my bad.

I highly doubt your internet speed is 1 GB ..

I highly doubt your internet speed is 1 GB ..

GIGA BIT, NOT BYTE, BIT. ONE GIGABIT IS 128 MEGA BYTES, NOT MEGABITS, MEGABYTES. MY INTERNET SPEED IS 1 Gb/ps NOT ONE GIGABYTE PER SECOND.

are we through with this yet?

I think we can put this to bed. Simply paste the speed it show on speedtest.net . You can coverup the Ip address - and another info. We want just the speed. Once that, we can go forward. also if it your dad Isp. hope you not goin to interrupt any issue. Like he might be downloading some Movies or stuff.

or stuff.

I think stuff's at least 50% of my bandwidth usage every day, more so on weekends, it adds up.

But my dedicated server's runnin' now so I can download as much stuff as I want with no worries!

This is why you don't want to open your server to the public....

Posted Image

Opening your server to the public could have 3 possible outcomes.

1. Everybody loves you and you all make sweet builds under the sunset( Unlikely but it might happen)

2. Some Asshole like me comes on and goes on his own being a little loner that he is and than plots to murder everybody while they look at there shoes or something.

3. Greifers with a Capital G, Like a good night at a party You better have server protection, last thing we want is little greifers running around at the nursery.

All-in-all whitelist is your friend, don't trust anybody you invite, Or better yet i just run a server for myself so my crops grow faster :D.

Opening your server to the public could have 3 possible outcomes.

1. Everybody loves you and you all make sweet builds under the sunset( Unlikely but it might happen)

2. Some Asshole like me comes on and goes on his own being a little loner that he is and than plots to murder everybody while they look at there shoes or something.

3. Greifers with a Capital G, Like a good night at a party You better have server protection, last thing we want is little greifers running around at the nursery.

All-in-all whitelist is your friend, don't trust anybody you invite, Or better yet i just run a server for myself so my crops grow faster :D.

Personally I'd prefer number two, so long as the asshole is isolated it'll give some people more reason to strive. Competition is an incredibly motivator.

Personally I'd prefer number two, so long as the asshole is isolated it'll give some people more reason to strive. Competition is an incredibly motivator.

True, But usually if somebody plots to kill people they usually are either in the group, or very close to trying to befriend them so he can stick a dagger in there back, or "borrow" Resources for a extended period of time, Honestly i dunno if its just me that does this, But for me as being an asshole i like to walk 5000+ north and stick up a cabin and i lodge arrows at anybody who comes near so i can kill other assholes.

True, But usually if somebody plots to kill people they usually are either in the group, or very close to trying to befriend them so he can stick a dagger in there back, or "borrow" Resources for a extended period of time, Honestly i dunno if its just me that does this, But for me as being an asshole i like to walk 5000+ north and stick up a cabin and i lodge arrows at anybody who comes near so i can kill other assholes.

I am definitely content to be this kind of asshole, even in real life this appeals to me. lol Do you think a man could survive off the fish in a small lake with only trespassers dead bodies to entertain himself?

I am definitely content to be this kind of asshole, even in real life this appeals to me. lol Do you think a man could survive off the fish in a small lake with only trespassers dead bodies to entertain himself?

I once met a man who survived on an island for 4 years eating crab and talking to a volleyball. I think he called it wilson. You be suprised at how adaptive humans can be when they are totally isolated. However after about 5 or 6 years without human contact though you forget how to deal with other humans, and pretty soon you start making friends with racoons or some crap. But in minecraft i can spend years taking pop shots at Steves who waltz on by. So yeah i think a man could survive off fish in a small lake, especially when he can start small forest fires and talk to trees.

Posted Image