Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
VegasGoat

Rocks vs. Cobblestone

51 posts in this topic

It seems weird to me to pick up a rock off the ground and immediately place it back as a cobblestone block. It should take several rocks to make a cobblestone block. 8 rocks to make one cobblestone block would make sense to me. I think this also fits in with the new size mechanics.

Bioxx has already said this is likely, it will probably come with the construction update.

Well, I am glad to hear there is a change likely, it is indeed quite silly how it works now.

We needed to make stone drop rocks when mined, but didn't have the time to implement the whole construction update in one go. Would you rather not have had cobble at all?

Dawwwww, Dunk, you know we love the mod, you, and Bioxx. I know I mentioned this before, too. I think it's one of the first things that pops into a new player's head. "Hey, this rock that was a twelfth the size of a block is now an entire chunk of cobblestone!"

It's coming everyone. In fact, you can safely assume that anything this obvious is already in the works. ;)

We needed to make stone drop rocks when mined, but didn't have the time to implement the whole construction update in one go. Would you rather not have had cobble at all?

Obviously we need mortar as well. Vanilla textures seem to imply there's mortar involved somewhere along the line :P

And this is 1 reason Reality CraftnTM is better.

Are you referring to the server because I am unable to find any mods under that name. And if its the server why are you trying to compare it to a mod? that doesn't even make sense.

Edit: Found traces of a mod from 1.1 but I couldn't see what it does everyone got rid of it super fast.

So, you compare a mod you can't cheat on, to a server where you easily could cheat, even though it's not allowed. Look like we got a smart guy here.

Besides, don't revive an old thread just to post crap like that, please...

Which one is he talking about? I found at least ten servers with that name although are all pretty crappy so either I am missing something or this guy is just an idiot.

Edit: Is reality craft the mod you plan on making? If so, you could a lot have some proof rather just insulting our temporary placeholders like how to get cobblestone. Like Dunk said this is just until they add in mortar or whatever.

I thought they were the same, so i looked for an azarous video and looked up ._.

And yep, extremely crappy server. The spawn looked like a thousand creepers went on a mass suicide there before they could protect the area.

One of them appears to be Runescape themed, I found a French one, a German one, and most of them are down.

Not a server, it's a mod with a working title, it used to be called EarthCraft but then EarthCrafterMan found out there was a mod with that title. Looks like ECM's gunna have to fing a new name. Lol!

p.s. Sorry about the revival, I didn't notice there wasd only 3 pages till now.

EDIT: 22, there's 22 pages.

EDIT: Mine Life (aka Reality Craft (aka Earth Craft) is a small mod known only to ECM and his friends, me and Gruntee. I was trying to make buzz. It's basically trying to make MC totally realistic, create a totally independent and powerful NPC AI, and remove the crafting via grid from MC.

I'm curious do you have any evidence? A screenshot? A link? Anything? I would like to see how you do this because I can see this cause a lot of glitches.

We um, kinda are still trying to learn java and find more friends to help.

As for the grid removal, rewrite and obscure a bunch of vanilla code, then use java to make epicly realistic ways to build and work stuff.

EDIT: The AI will basically be an AI built as a optional part that allows for AIs that want to do what us humans do: Conquor and Succeed. Of course within the confounds of his/her own realm.

p.s. Java is much easier to learn than I thought.

Its great that you are interested but I don't think removing the grid restrictions is as easy as you think it is. Think about all the problems. All blocks would pretty much have to be entities all the time and every irregular block would have to store and a huge amount of info. Then you have to rework collision and make sure a block can't be placed inside another block. I don't know much Java but I know that if removing the grid was possible someone would have done it already.

And I can't help but notice you say is when nothing actually exists yet. Until I see concrete proof every mod that has ever been released will be an improvement over no mod at all.

And I can't help but notice you say is when nothing actually exists yet. Until I see concrete proof every mod that has ever been released will be an improvement over no mod at all.

1) I meant replace grid crafting kinda like the stone knapping, but MUCH epicer.

2) I was making buzz, I know that there's no actual post anywhere. It's a mod that it's creator, ECM, doesn't want to be delved indepth into until he gets the mod to Indev 0.1.

Once more I have heard the our mod is better than everything shpeel a million times and whatever they except it never lives up to it, its just the sad truth of reality. There will be no buzz until there is evidence. As soon as we see it with our own eyes than there will be buzz.

1) It's not better, TFC will be MUCH better that it for a LONG time. So will BBTW and AMCO, I just want to make what TFC couldn't.

EDIT: I'm thinking 1 to 2 months until the trees are finished.

1) It's not better, TFC will be MUCH better that it for a LONG time. So will BBTW and AMCO, I just want to make what TFC couldn't.

EDIT: I'm thinking 1 to 2 months until the trees are finished.

I just read 4 threads where you came in, and talked about this fabled mod. You need to stop, this is the TFC forums, not the "Promote Your Un-released Mod HERE" forums. If you are gonna stick around here, you have to start being constructive, that means no more talking about this mod you're working on, keep it TFC.

We've handled it, he should stop now. He had taken enough crap for one day I think. I appreciate the help though.

1) I meant replace grid crafting kinda like the stone knapping, but MUCH epicer.

*twitch* There is no such word as 'epicer'. You meant to say 'more epic', which is STILL wrong because it vastly underplays the word. Lord of the Rings was epic. The Iliad and The Oddessy were epic. Many anime classify as epic towards the end of their run, though they don't usually qualify as an epic (literary category).

Even if you designed a totally original and outstanding new methodology for crafting in this game, the best you can say is probably 'awesome'.

But how you could possibly learn Java is beyond me, since you apparently don't even know fucking English.

I do know proper english. I just don't use it on forums.

If you know proper English, prove it. Use it. Prove all of them wrong. But you won't. Because you apparently don't know proper English, or have the basic manners required to be polite, and use proper English when attempting to communicate with other people in a pleasant, agreeable fashion.

I do know proper english. I just don't use it on forums.

You should try to, might solve a few of your problems. If you must shut off your brain when you are on the internet, at least use it when you are arguing with people or are mad, otherwise you look like a stupid tween CoD player on youtube.