Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ximeeen

Atmospheric mobs - Atmos Mobs

10 posts in this topic

Yes, good idea, but mobs are still in development.

And just betweenus, Bioxx can do them better...

Well, the thing Terrafirma could have this as an edition for mobs without any benefits.

As in the name, atmosspheric. + Daveyx0 models / coding is great :]

If you are a whoovian, you should understand my first though when seeing atmos. If not, watch Doctor Who.

Anyway, I like it. Obvious adjustments need to be made, and possibly some of them could be ousted or just made into random skin changes (the colourful fish, for example), but a good mod in general, I would love to see parts of it appear in this mod. Spawning changes would be nice, too, for all mobs (I think it's planned) ex. Squid!! What are you doing in a river!?! You shouldn't be ALIVE!

While i do like it, there are some details that make me prefer to use it only as a placeholder:

Firstly, they don't look that good : -or at least, not as good as Dunk mobs do-

Secondly, there are quite a lot of them that can be tamed. I really don't see what's believable about that, or what's the use we, as users of TFC, could give to them.

Finally, if i had to choose between the mob-adding mods, TFC is the chosen one. The deers and bears don't do a whole lot right now, but they look pretty cool o3o

I'd rather see Bioxx and Dunk making their mod by themselves, instead of constantly adding other people's work.

hey how aboout we just let dunk do his job and stop nagging him with new stuff

Just pointing something out, while I don't think this should be added to tfc, it should (as in is, not suggesting dunk/bioxx make it so) be compatible with tfc, because they are both forge based. But yeah, JAG is right, TFC shouldn't end up being a mod pack, it needs to stay as its own mod.

hey how aboout we just let dunk do his job and stop nagging him with new stuff

If we lose the suggestions thread, this forum will die, DIE I SAY! In all seriousness though, one of the best parts of this mod is that we have an active suggestions thread,and the community has a place to talk about what they want in the mod. You can't deny that we have some great conversations here, that generate some awesome ideas.

Did I mention mod pack?

Did I mention that you include all its features?

No.

Include the atmospheric mobs, just for the atmosphere. And no, I don't agree with that the current say: Bear model, is all that great.

Atmos mobs got fully animated birds, fish, critters, Rabbits, moles, fireflies, crows, insects, bats, worms, moles.

And no, it would never be to add it as a modpack. It would be basically to implement the models + code / mobs into TFC with permission from Daveyx0 or working with him on it. Davey is probably a more experienced coder / modeller when it comes creatures, and that's why I suggest this. (No offense Dunk)

Duno where id stand on weather to do all the mobs from scratch, or to with permission absorb another mod, but thankfully its not up to me.

As far as most animals being tameable being believable. Most animals in the world are tameable to one digree or another, exceptions being things like crocs or alagators which have a one track mine that says bite and eat anything that gets near the mouth. Even greater cats like lions and tigers are "tameable" long as you know how to behave near them and keep the, well fed. Would I want every mob tameable, not really. Would I want every animal to have a use of one sort or another, certainly.

Did I mention mod pack?

Did I mention that you include all its features?

No.

Well, you didn't say in the OP that you didn't wanted a mod pack or to include all it's features, either. All you said was "implement this" in short. I just answered what i understood... if that kind of details annoy you -it seems like they do, as you were a little mean in your answer :-, try and complete your post further more next time.

Include the atmospheric mobs, just for the atmosphere. And no, I don't agree with that the current say: Bear model, is all that great.

Atmos mobs got fully animated birds, fish, critters, Rabbits, moles, fireflies, crows, insects, bats, worms, moles.

I don't... fully understand this :huh: could you clarify, please?

And no, it would never be to add it as a modpack. It would be basically to implement the models + code / mobs into TFC with permission from Daveyx0 or working with him on it. Davey is probably a more experienced coder / modeller when it comes creatures, and that's why I suggest this. (No offense Dunk)

: gonna be a Dunk fan here, i think he is good enough to code and model mobs. On the other hand -not sure about this, though-, i think they could only include the mod's code into TFC if it's not modified. And since the mobs will try to spawn in heights that now are undeground, that's not really posible... The other option is for them to work together. But -again, i think- Dunk said Bioxx didn't wanted anyone to see the TFC code except for himself and Dunk. So yeah... there seems to be no viable options.