Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

6 posts in this topic

Hello!I have joined on this mod yesterday!It was cool but i have a problem!I don't know how to make an pickaxe or materials from that!Who can help me?

that......is one of the more hard things making......alright check out the guides section (this is where you posted)

and to the pickaxes.......well we dont exactly have stone-pickaxes here.

bioxx removed them so that you must make them out of metal.

But to gather metal you must make a sluice, check http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Sluice to see how to make it and use it.

alternatively you can collect small ores by breaking the small rectangular rocks on the ground, they will occasionally drop ores

( TIP:build your sluices nearby)

now you have to smelt the ore in a firepit, and do use this!!!! http://wiki.terrafir...om/Ceramic_Mold

thats about it, and....WELCOME TO THE FORUMS ^^

oh and be sure to read most of the wiki as you go, that really helped me.

Edited by dukejuke

I can help you!

First of all welcome to the forum.

Look in the spoiler

Well, now (I suppose you have 52d) you can't make stone pickaxe. Only a metal version of it. And TFC has a lot of metals.

The first thing you can see when you spawn in a new world (Probably) is those little grey or red buttons in the grass. Mine some of them because you need them to knapp the tools'head. To make this, put two round stones in your crafting grid and take the output stone. Perfect, now you're in the knapping gui. Here you can make knives, hoes, shovels, hammers (Yes, I said hammers), axes heads. Now that you have a tool head you need to put a stick below it in the crafting grid and you have your tool. You need now some metals to leave the stone age and you can get them in different ways (Just look at the wiki). Then you can make your first stone anvil, but for this you need a natural rock block that you can find...well...under the dirt obviously and with a hammer you right click the top of it and you have an anvil. Ok now seriously look at the wiki because I can't write all here but this is the starting part. Hope I helped.

Dorin, the TFC mod seriously makes vanilla minecraft feel like child's play. Wolf277 is an elder statesmen on the forum, and he's basically run down how to start off. There is a whole new world to explore in TFC that you have to conquer a step at a time. Take your time to learn the ins and out, and I guarantee you'll be hooked. The wiki page has some great tools, but continue to ask detailed questions on the forum, because I've learned a ton viewing here, and on the spotter videos linked to the wiki page.

As for that pick axe. One of the biggest hurdles as I experienced is finding that first natural stone which will become your first anvil. When you explore, keep on the lookout for a flat table of stone. Test this stone by right clicking a hammer on it. If it indents and turns a darker shade, you've made a big discovery. Build a base camp near or even on that, because you will eventually create that first pick axe there. You will need to gather stones until you find ore. There are starter ores described on wiki. Other things you will need is ink from squid, so keep on the lookout for medium sized lakes, especially, and paper, so look for light green reeds, also near water. Finally, you will need to find that elusive clay.

But before your first pickaxe, you may have to work with stone tools longer than you wish - it is truly about survival at first.

Wolf277 is an elder statesmen on the forum

Elder? No, I'm young not old. Remember that and look my age in my profile.

Oh, forgot I don't have it LOL.

Elder? No, I'm young not old. Remember that and look my age in my profile.

Oh, forgot I don't have it LOL.

LOL

Usually when something says, "age unknown" it is unspeakably ancient.

I just assumed ;)