Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cidd

Food, how to survive until you can farm

5 posts in this topic

Farming takes a long time, so it will be a while before you can count on bread as a food supply and even a while longer before you can breed your own livestock.

In the mean time here are a few tips on how to keep form dying of starvation and avoid suicides.

On your first day try not to run around too much and build a house to keep safe from monsters.

Locate animals they will be your first food source.

Meat can be cooked one piece at a time in a fire pit. It takes forever to cook a stack but what else are you gonna do at night. You can also cook meat in a forge 5 piece at a time add a bellows and it cooks even faster.

Pigs and Cows:

Both will give you a good amount of meat and leather, but until you can breed them they are not a renewable food source

Chickens:

DO NOT KILL CHICKENS. Keep them around and gather their eggs. You won't be able to trow them to make more chickens like in Vanilla MC, but you can cook them. Just put them in your fire pit or forge. They replenish 2 hunger.

post-1385-0-93475400-1348281464_thumb.pn

Fruits:

You might come across this

post-1385-0-49416400-1348280001_thumb.pn

or a dead looking tree, Those are fruit trees. They are easily noticeable because their trunk is very thin ( like a fence post). If the tree looks dead it because its winter when spring comes it will grow leaves and then blossom and then give fruits. If you don't see fruits in the trees then come back in a month (game time). If you see fruits you can punch the leaves and you will receive the fruit. You can also attempt to harvest a sapling by breaking a branch (not the leaves and not the trunk) with an ax, but the drop rate is very low. Leave the trunk and come back same time next year (game-time) to harvest more fruit.

Fruits depending on the kind replenish 1 or 2 hunger.

Fishing:

For now fishing works just like in vanilla MC. Kill a spider for some strings and make a fishing rod with sticks and head to the nearest source of water. According to dunkleosteus we can expect fish mobs (see the tread)

Hostile mob food source:

Rotten flesh is still a source of food like in Vanilla MC, but TerrafirmaCraft has so much more to offer keep it as dog food.

Spider eyes are edible too and will replenish 2 hunger.

This is still a work in progress let me know if i miss anything i'll add it in

Thanks to redundantusage and TheWolf227 for their input

On several occasions I've survived thanks to killing a spider and using the string to make a fishing rod. In sparse biomes this can be a life saver.

On several occasions I've survived thanks to killing a spider and using the string to make a fishing rod. In sparse biomes this can be a life saver.

Yes, and I ate a lot of spider eyes, because every eye restores 2 hunger. If you have a depleted hunger bar, eat them. It's better than die.

Yes, and I ate a lot of spider eyes, because every eye restores 2 hunger. If you have a depleted hunger bar, eat them. It's better than die.

good I'll add these in

Nice guide also it is good that when you find a place to call home do not hunt the animals around unless you're like 500 - 1000 block away, that way you won't need to worry killing all the animals you're planing to breed later ^_^

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0