Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sushiy (aka Kwink007)

New gamemechanic instead of the almighty WORKBENCH

85 posts in this topic

Clearly it's possible to split wood by hand, into slats-I've done it myself.

Seems Legit, no sarcasm intended.

Lemme clear somethings up. I know you wanna keep the fun aspect. But, even in minecraft.. the trees are well.. TREES.. WHOLE TREES! it isn't like you're pulling a sapling out of the ground and splitting it in half, Yes its very easy to do that, depending on the tree species. and grain type. Maybe keep this idea, of flat planks and what not. but add saplings and smaller trees..? I don't see then why not that couldn't be believable. But I'm sure you couldn't build a very effective plank, with a 2 foot or even 4 foot piece of wood [if you were actually trying to split it.] But even to take a crack at a larger tree, would take almost 2 hours. with 2 people.. So Yeah I get his idea, but maybe not with WHOLE trees.. maybe you need another tool? Wooden wedge + Stone hammer then use a draw knife? < Just like in real life, you'd get planks, crude ones. but planks. and it would make it a whole lot more believable that way. Axes are wedges, but hard to control.

Edit: Maybe differ from "crude planks" "slightly good planks" and "perfect planks"???

Edit2: I'm just rambling and brain storming. Out loud, sorry If I don't make sense. Lol

Edit: Maybe differ from "crude planks" "slightly good planks" and "perfect planks"???

hence the difference between how many planks an axe can produce and a saw, there is your idea in perfect gaming logic, and it's easy since you don't need extra blockids for it.

hence the difference between how many planks an axe can produce and a saw, there is your idea in perfect gaming logic, and it's easy since you don't need extra blockids for it.

Yeep.. that's exactly why I put that there:)

@squirrels

I get your point..but you have to think about how "playable" a gamemechanic is!!

originally my concept was a lot "harder" for the player.. wielding even less planks with axes and not being able to do any fancy cutting with it...

but i screwed it because i thought it would make it unnecessarily annoying....and kinda useless...

Lemme clear somethings up. I know you wanna keep the fun aspect. But, even in minecraft.. the trees are well.. TREES.. WHOLE TREES! it isn't like you're pulling a sapling out of the ground and splitting it in half,

oh yeah and saplings totaly have a realistic growth cycle and dont just magically poof into a tree after so many in game hours

i know ths is trying for a more difficult survival basis, but honestly we're working with a world made of metre cubes, how realistic can we get?

And c, this is a game sir if we wanted to play "reality" I would walk outside.

True, you are very true. But if a video game taught children how to survive in the wilderness through video games, we'd be much more equipped to fight a technological downfall. Also, what if the child is allergic to say, leaves or tree bark. Now how will he/she enjoy nature? Atleast he/she can enjoy fake and realistic nature.

Canoe Pleze.

EDIT:

we're working with a world made of metre cubes, how realistic can we get?

We can get as realistic as we want. Excuse my fonfd memories of my childhood but, We just need IMAGINATION!!!

We can get as realistic as we want.

ehehehe....yeah, you come back when you got that k?

True, you are very true. But if a video game taught children how to survive in the wilderness through video games, we'd be much more equipped to fight a technological downfall.

...Unsure if trolling.

BTW, If technology really does collapse on humanity, we'll all die a horrible death regardless of what we eat. Any children we have, their wisdom teeth won't be able to grow in properly, and we won't have the magic of dentistry. That pretty much amounts to agonising mouth pain, and probably death at some point, through infection, starvation (your mouth would hurt like hell, and you want to eat?), or suicide.

ehehehe....yeah, you come back when you got that k?

It's kinda hard to explain...

EDIT: No, I'm not trolling. Also, couldn't they just like, you know, pull it? Of course, he'dd have to stay unconsious for a few days...

ok let me be more clear,

come back once you get micraft coded into a hyper realistic game

EDIT: No, I'm not trolling. Also, couldn't they just like, you know, pull it? Of course, he'dd have to stay unconsious for a few days...

Yes, you want to pull someones tooth out with caveman technology? That's lot of risk for infection and would really suck unless you had painkiller, which you don't.

True, you are very true. But if a video game taught children how to survive in the wilderness through video games, we'd be much more equipped to fight a technological downfall. Also, what if the child is allergic to say, leaves or tree bark. Now how will he/she enjoy nature? Atleast he/she can enjoy fake and realistic nature.

Canoe Pleze.

EDIT:

We can get as realistic as we want. Excuse my fonfd memories of my childhood but, We just need IMAGINATION!!!

That is called boy scouts, and girl scouts and allergies to bark and leaves don't exist. Being realistic takes no imagination what-so-ever it's defying reality that takes true genius

1) Well, I'm just brainstorming!

2) Not everyone wants to go outside this day of age. I want to, but not everyone does.

So do I. That doesn't mean I want to go outside on my computer.

I MEAN I WANT TO INTRODUCE THOSE WHO DON'T LIKE NATURE TO THE LAWS OF SURVIVAL JUST IN CASE! Now please get off mine.

I'm sorry sir but you are joking right you want to introduce people to nature by having them download on their computer if they were interested they would go outside. What is this world coming to when we have to "introduce people to nature".

I love nature, I really do. There's no good way to introduce people to nature besides, well, actually taking them outside.

I speak from experience.

I know, I just think that many hear about nature, andd never want to experience it because they don't think it'll be good. Even though they never truly experienced it. I'm trying to give them a taste.

I know, I just think that many hear about nature, andd never want to experience it because they don't think it'll be good. Even though they never truly experienced it. I'm trying to give them a taste.

The idiocy of you suggesting people should learn about nature through a game made of 16x16 pixel cubes, is the single most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Go make your own mod if you really want to do that, don't muck up our fun with Bioxx's mod.

Um, that's

1) Kinda what I'm doing and

2) Your a day late, the conversation's over

Um, that's

1) Kinda what I'm doing and

2) Your a day late, the conversation's over

1.) you may be "doing it already" but what my point was to not talk about it here, we don't care. We are here to talk about TFC, not earthcraft, or whatever this mod of yours is called.

2.) does it really matter if I posted the next day? my point was just as relevant earlier today as it would've been yesterday, time is not always a factor on the internet.

That is called boy scouts, and girl scouts and allergies to bark and leaves don't exist. Being realistic takes no imagination what-so-ever it's defying reality that takes true genius

There are people allergic to water. It is possible to be allergic to bark and leaves.

There are people allergic to water. It is possible to be allergic to bark and leaves.

I myself have a pretty wierd allergy. To antiallergenics. Kind of lucky, i guess... ._:

I myself have a pretty wierd allergy. To antiallergenics. Kind of lucky, i guess... ._:

im allergic to something, just dont know what it is yet ._.

Allergies to antihistamines, huh. How did you find that one out?