Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Azdoine

A big 'Thank You' to the Developers

28 posts in this topic

TFC has totally changed the way I think of minecraft.

I play.

Within the first 2 weeks of VMC, I was bored out of my mind. I quickly installed dozens of mods, telling myself I had 'beaten' minecraft, and could move onto other things. But I got bored again. There was just no challenge. I stopped playing altogether.

I would never have come back to minecraft if it weren't for this mod. It makes minecraft worth playing, adding challenge to even the most basic tasks, and adds a huge layer of depth, complexity, and fun.

You, the Devs, could stop working on the mod right now, and I'd be satisfied.

You could have stopped developing 30 versions ago, an I would have been satisfied.

The quality of the mod has been steadily improving, and I know it will only get better.

Maybe you don't understand what I'm saying (I was never very good with words), so I'll cut to the chase:

Thanks a lot, for all the work you've put into this mod. I tip my hat to you, good sirs. :)

Was I really that bad when I was 14?

"Here Here" to the OP.

And Cheers to Bioxx and his team.

I fail to kid here, due to this mod I have forgotten how to properly play vanilla. I jump on a vanilla server and find myself punching leaves and looking for stones. That is a feat indeed. TFC is in effect an entirely new game.

And people wonder why we bash vanilla

Really thanks!!!!!!!!! You are the mojang as it should've been!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Agreed, TFC kicks donkey!

Likin' my new profile pic? fo shizzle :D

This mod simply made us all forget what vanilla is!!! for all the hours of fun and all the love you're putting to this mod Thanks Bioxx and his Team you people ROCK!!!

Thanks from me also, Bioxx and everyone else who has worked or works on TFC.

This mod made Minecraft fun again for me!

Thank you for all your hard work, Bioxx, you and your team have made a truly amazing mod!

Because it's a dumb baseless statement that forms the very basis for why I hate this community. And that's on top of my general hate for the Minecraft community.

Bioxx, you do a helluva job. You are trying stuff nobody has tried before for some weird reason. A total conversion mod, trying hard not to use vanilla resources as the baseline for play. You can approach concepts with this that would completely violate the intent and purpose of vanilla. You are even tenacious and ballsy about some things, like setting a hard line about designing for multiplayer primarily, and pushing updates that clearly break the game because it's beta deal with it. I like your style man. And I know you plan this stuff well in advance so I shouldn't be worried about straight up stupid ideas that get a lot of support getting in, but I gotta be testy man.

I fail to kid here, due to this mod I have forgotten how to properly play vanilla. I jump on a vanilla server and find myself punching leaves and looking for stones. That is a feat indeed. TFC is in effect an entirely new game.

The tagline is pretty much correct - TFC is basically survival as it should've been. vMC survival is basically creative but you get to waste time. TFC's take on survival is entirely different from vMC's creative, which is how it SHOULD be.

You're welcome.

Goddamit joey.

also, we just love making TFC

'the very basis for why I hate this community'

I hate to say it this way, but there is no other way... If you hate us, why are you here?

The only reason i mentioned bashing Vanilla is because once you've played TFC for a extended period of time, Vanilla becomes entirely alienated and you begin forgetting the simplest of things, such as in my case, I keep forgetting that trees can be hit with fists.. or that dirt and cobble float. Why? Because this game(its stepped away from being a mod a long while ago) is very deep, and well thought out. Not only do things feel realistic, they have enough freedom that If i should ever choose, and I frequently do, I could do massively creative mode and build things far better then vanilla's lack of a pallet.

I agree, TFC is great. I can't really play vanilla minecraft anymore though, unless I'm with my IRL friends in skype

'the very basis for why I hate this community'

I hate to say it this way, but there is no other way... If you hate us, why are you here?

The only reason i mentioned bashing Vanilla is because once you've played TFC for a extended period of time, Vanilla becomes entirely alienated and you begin forgetting the simplest of things, such as in my case, I keep forgetting that trees can be hit with fists.. or that dirt and cobble float. Why? Because this game(its stepped away from being a mod a long while ago) is very deep, and well thought out. Not only do things feel realistic, they have enough freedom that If i should ever choose, and I frequently do, I could do massively creative mode and build things far better then vanilla's lack of a pallet.

I'm pretty much just here because of the devs/mod and a need to shoot down the same stuff I see repeated over and over on here. Lurking is insufferable.

And here is the reason this thought process is dumb: The two things being compared here? Completely different focuses. To say one is objectively superior to another is to say an apple is objectively superior to a hat. They have such drastically different focuses and intents that it boggles the mind.

Vanilla minecraft is primarily focused around maintaining and embracing the old creative mode spirit. The additions of resource collection and basic survival don't really get in the way of the player building whatever they want. It's tougher and requires some more upkeep than straight up creative mode, but it makes constructions feel more rewarding for most people. The difficulty never really got in the way of building whatever you wanted. And that is a perfectly fine and valid focus.

This mod has an emphasis on survival. Things are herder, perhaps even unfair. Resource collection is hindered and storage is unsupported to really emphasize the fact that you shouldn't be massing construction resources. All sorts of blocks in the world fall apart to your misfortune. These mechanics get in the way of building whatever you want because the focus is not on creative constructions. The focus very much seems to be fulfilling a fantasy of a survival game Minecraft was never meant to be. And that's neat, exactly the sort of stuff fitting for a mod.

Vanilla MC would be an objectively worse game if it had the TFC mechanics, as that detracts from the main purpose of building whatever you want. Same as how TFC would be an objectively worse mod if it had vanilla MC mechanics maintained.

I know the responses to this, "Minecraft has a specifically titled survival mode and creative mode, if you want to build whatever you should be creative" and "But TFC has microblocks and a handful of different wood and stone types, something vanilla MC doesn't have". The first I already pointed out, 'survival mode' in vanilla is still heavily a creative game. There are many mechanics that the devs could have tossed long ago to make the survival aspect more challenging, but they wanted to utilize the strength of the engine; Breaking and placing basically anything. Being creative is still the focus of survival mode.

As for microblocks, dozens of different rock and wood types and a laundry list of ores for creative mode use? Mojang wants to keep things simple, with distinct differences for recolors like wood. At some point too many of the same yet slightly different blocks becomes a hassle to utilize. It offers more choices, but as people already massively run into with vanilla too many choices is paralyzing. Adding in different shapes helps smooth things out, but it very quickly runs into the same issues as too many block types.

To say one is objectively superior to another is to say an apple is objectively superior to a hat. They have such drastically different focuses and intents that it boggles the mind.

The statement that originally set you off ("TFC is so great that I almost forget how to play Vanilla!") was just an off the cuff statement. It was not designed to be negative. Making a solid comparison between the two would be a waste of time, but that was never done. If things like this bother you so much that you need to suddenly try to make a line-by-line comparison between TFC and Vanilla, then you really need to work on your communication skills. It's tangents like this that make others "hate the community".

..why I hate this community.

Hate is a strong word. Saying you "hate the community" is about the most direct attempt that I've ever seen in starting a fight. You're basically saying that no matter what discussion is happening, you're ready to jump in and take the opposing view, just so that you can cause things to boil over. It's not a good way to find friends, and it is certainly inappropriate for a thread that is all about showing love.

Language is challenging, especially in a forum like this where facial expressions cannot be used to convey emotion. In such situations, you really should try to find commonality with others in the conversation, instead of provoking them.

I'm certainly not trying to start a fight here. I'm not taking an opinion about whether "vanla is teh suxors" or not. I realize the point of your message was not hatred, and hopefully you have a bit of remorse for wording things that way. Since this thread is supposed to have a positive focus, I really think you should try to say 2 positive things in this thread before you make your next negative. Does that sound fair?

Just so that I'm not accused of being a hypocrite, I'll add in a couple of positive statements. TFC is amazing. Thank you Bioxx and Dunk for building it and having the patience necessary to deal with "us". :)

Agreed, much developer love!

The truth of the matter is that the apple is in fact superior to the hat. With that apple, I will survive another day due to nourishment, it will eventually grow into a tree that I can get further food from, provides me shade, and given enough time and investment I can whittle a new hat from the wood and bark of the tree it grows. Apple always beats hat.

Apple always beats hat.

Not to be confused with Apple, which sucks ass

The truth of the matter is that the apple is in fact superior to the hat. With that apple, I will survive another day due to nourishment, it will eventually grow into a tree that I can get further food from, provides me shade, and given enough time and investment I can whittle a new hat from the wood and bark of the tree it grows. Apple always beats hat.

Unless the apple is indeed a hat. Woe to the adventure who wears an apple as a hat For many people many arrows will fire to knock off the hat. Until they miss.....

Joey's comment up there makes me wonder-

Does this forum even have a ban policy?

Good point.

Joey, you're getting a warning for this.

Chill, broski.

Chill, broski.

14 year old calls game developer noob.

Fuckin' smart.

Good point.

Joey, you're getting a warning for this.

okay, I fixed it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0