Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NosePicker5555

Hello New world!

14 posts in this topic

Hello I am a VERY new person to TFC. Got into the mod by MinecraftMuse. I need some help with the new dynamics with the game(i know the basics, just not getting ores,metals,housing,surviving, and thriving)-Paulsoaresjr reference. Well please just tell me WHAT to do. Have read some of the wiki. Not entirely useful....Thanka

The Wiki is pretty good with teaching you what to do, it is how I learned TFC.

Basically to get your first metals you are going to want to start breaking those little buttons on the ground and hoping for metal, and making sluices(The tutorials on the Wiki are very informative).

No nonsence, a stone-age guide is a very good guide for getting started, also

are very good, I'd recommend you watch his Tutorials.

That is basically how I got started with TFC, now, I will warn you some things(Like Blacksmithing) are intentionally difficult in a fun way, but you will definitely get the hang of it after a bit of practice!

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask! I hope I helped.

The Wiki is pretty good with teaching you what to do, it is how I learned TFC.

Basically to get your first metals you are going to want to start breaking those little buttons on the ground and hoping for metal, and making sluices(The tutorials on the Wiki are very informative).

No nonsence, a stone-age guide is a very good guide for getting started, also

are very good, I'd recommend you watch his Tutorials.

That is basically how I got started with TFC, now, I will warn you some things(Like Blacksmithing) are intentionally difficult in a fun way, but you will definitely get the hang of it after a bit of practice!

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask! I hope I helped.

(like your cat) and thanks i tried the wiki(read most of it) then i tried blacksmithing broke 4 un-shaped ingots and ragequit. Xp. Having trouble with moving to the copper/tin age.?

Yea, gettin out of the stone age is crazy. Trying to find the ores, and making new tools for Metal ages will put in you a rage.But those button on ground, serve two propose. One they give you rocks or ORES. Ores in give way to make tools. Second those spots where you found the ores, More Bigger pieces Of Ores are below.

Finding Tin or Copper is the challenge .But the Guide on Meads should help you finding Metal are great. Hope you have luck finding your.

I suggest you to search sphalperite, it's common and has a good resistance. It's the better metal and you will find a lot of it. Also because the casstierite and bismuthinite are used in more important alloys. The zinc is used only to make brass. That's what the wiki says. Remember that it can be outdated. Also wait some time before using copper because it's a valuable metal and you must use it wisely.

(like your cat) and thanks i tried the wiki(read most of it) then i tried blacksmithing broke 4 un-shaped ingots and ragequit. Xp. Having trouble with moving to the copper/tin age.?

I dont understand how u broke your unshape ingot what where they did u heat them or loose them or are they overworked?

You can start working a metal when its in the welding heat range giving u more time to work it You need to make sure u follow the rules on the side of the Gui of the anvil. When u heat up an unshape metal u need to watch it and u need to have a ceramic mold in case it overheat and becomes liquid or u will loose it.

im guessing he did over work the ore, working the ore is still something i struggle with but i do get it done. the buttons to the right move the little thingy right and left to the left. you want to get the movable indicator centered in the stationary indicator all while achieving the recipe instructions (seen on the right). I haven't played this mod a ton but if i remember correctly to shape the ore i use one of the bottom most right buttons then 3 top left buttons to get it in the sweet spot. that might not be exactly what to do but the point would be to get the movable arrow slightly to the right of the stationary one and tap the arrow back to the left.

Well thanks but im still trying to make the ore with no luck...Installed NEI for recipes. I over work it way to much. IM watching Spumwack he's helping alittle

Making smelted ore into Ingots requires you to(For a number of ore) press the same buttons every time, for Bismuth you press Upset, Upset, Light hit, Light hit, Light hit.

And make sure you don't heat the ingot over Hot**** otherwise it will melt.

Making smelted ore into Ingots requires you to(For a number of ore) press the same buttons every time, for Bismuth you press Upset, Upset, Light hit, Light hit, Light hit.

And make sure you don't heat the ingot over Hot**** otherwise it will melt.

THANK YOU sooo much!Ill haved to print that. What about zinc how to a smash that into an ingot. Also is it the same blacksmithing for turning that ingot into a pickaxe?

Zinc works the same as Bismuth, except it must be hotter(See a list of how hot metals need to be, here. And No, it is not the same for Blacksmithing, it is, in fact, different for every world you start.

Zinc works the same as Bismuth, except it must be hotter(See a list of how hot metals need to be, here. And No, it is not the same for Blacksmithing, it is, in fact, different for every world you start.

So im gonna just have to wing it?

Pretty much :D.

I'll post my "rules" later and see if you can help?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0