Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Miklosh

A little romantic suggestion about hostile mobs spawning.

89 posts in this topic

I just thought of increasing a number of spawning hostile mobs in a places which had been lived in in a past and then have been abandoned.

You know, like in Lord of the Rings, in Moria, where dwarves had a great kingdom of glory and after they had gone a great evil came to replace them or something like that. The more place were lived in the more monsters will spawn in it: two times more, three times more, four times more, etc. It would be very adventurely.

Also

Monsters will spawn in special dungeons deep underground only. We are planning to supe up the bears and wolves to provide enough of a challenge for you on the durface. Hope that helps :)

If zombies, skeletons, creepers and others will not spawn normally on the surface so they can spawn in lost cities.

I suggest this mostly for smp collective gameplay.

Sorry for grammar.

no problem with the grammar, I like your suggestion! I don't know if we'll be keeping creepers though, being surrounded by them gets really frustrating and losing structures in a mod where structures are so much harder to make can really hurt.

Down with the creeper empire! They are nothing more than an annoyance reguardless of weither you're playing vanilla or TFC. They do no damage unless you try to hug them and their habbit of destroying blocks gets old fast. I understand that creepers are important to minecraft's history but if they did damage and didn't explode or if the explosion didn't destroy blocks they'd be more popular.

P.S. After more thought, if explosion resistance was increased for all TFC blocks then creepers could explode freely without the annoyance of destroying blocks.

Down with the creeper empire! They are nothing more than an annoyance reguardless of weither you're playing vanilla or TFC. They do no damage unless you try to hug them and their habbit of destroying blocks gets old fast. I understand that creepers are important to minecraft's history but if they did damage and didn't explode or if the explosion didn't destroy blocks they'd be more popular.

P.S. After more thought, if explosion resistance was increased for all TFC blocks then creepers could explode freely without the annoyance of destroying blocks.

I think vanilla links explosion resistance to actual hardness for mining difficulty, without going back to base edits, i don't think we can change blast resistance.

What about, make the creepers spawn only in the deepest caves, in some kind of subterranean creeper hives? creeper swarms are only contained by the rock from destroying the surface world, and it's a good idea for you not to let them out. If you do, then you deserve the surface to be completely destroyed by the swarm.

And what i have noticed, by the way, is that most of TFC blocks are already pretty resistant to explosions. A TFC creeper crater is nothing compared to a vanilla creeper crater. They sometimes don't even make it to reveal the stone under the dirt.

Oh, and i have a doubt about that value chunks have that rises when you stay in there -how was it called?-: it is directly linked to mob spawming? i mean, a chunk with a value of -24 spawms more mobs than a chunk with -2 does? If it was this way, then you could make it that that value can go even more low, but it won't if a player hasn't been in there. When the player leaves, the value starts to lower until it reaches a minimun value -say, 48-, in which mob spawming rate in that area doubles the original rate.

Not sure if i made myself clear here... : i just woke up, and i'm still tired...

EDIT: i just realized it would make exploring extremely dangerous. How about, if you stay in an area enought time for it to become safe, then leave, it can go lower than the original value.

So no more creepers? Finally. They are bocoming stupid because they blow up when they're far from you. That's useless and annoying, very annoying. And stupid. Do you have a new mob that replaces creepers or only an empty space (However nicer than a creeper) ?

So no more creepers? Finally. They are bocoming stupid because they blow up when they're far from you. That's useless and annoying, very annoying. And stupid. Do you have a new mob that replaces creepers or only an empty space (However nicer than a creeper) ?

Bioxx says I'm not allowed to talk about new monsters.

I mean... if there were any... I'm not saying there are or anything....

If there were new monsters that you couldn't varify were new you couldn't talk about them being not varified as new unvarified monsters? :D

Wait what! Why! What happen to we are putting them in caves! This is a symbol of minecraft we are talking about here and I know you guys don't care about that but you have to remember that your player-base is entirely made up of veterans. The ones who buy the ridiculous shirts and go to minecon. And you will not get the next wave of veterans if you start removing features. Last time I heard this it was from a random newbie, I didn't see this coming.

This is a serious problem, whether you think so or not. You will lose a lot of new players because you are trying to make your own game, this is an overhaul not a completely new game! I'm leaving as soon as you remove creepers because that is when I will know that the power of this changes you have made has gone to your head.

NOBODY LIKES THE REMOVAL OF FEATURES! Not even the yes men who commented in this thread.

Edit: I could have sworn this game was suppose to be hard and frustrating at times. That at least is why I play this mod.

I dunno, I like creepers but they aren't interesting enough in their current incarnation.

They should be kept underground with the rest of the monsters, but need some kind of twist besides just exploding.

Creepers arnt a feature, they are an explosive virus that trashes your stuff, and the assumption that every or even most vets of minecraft love creepers and loves having their stuff blown to crap because they are a "symbol of minecraft" is rediculous. Most people I know who play hate them, and hate having their hard work blown apart. It has nothing at all to do with a harder game. Creepers are just a source of frustration to people to take pride in what they build just to have it blown up 15 times. If creepers didn't blow up blocks, and were actually creepers and stalked you, like the stalker creepers mod, it would be compleatly different.

There is one thing and one thing only that will build the sucess of tfc and that is a more complete experience, and people getting their friends to play the awsomeness. Which at this point is just gona take more time.

a chunk with a value of -24 spawms more mobs than a chunk with -2 does?

Looks like no, in change log it is told only about the time of protection:

"In order to increase this number, simply spend at least 1 hour(In game time) in a chunk and 6 hours(in game time) of spawn protection will be added to that chunk and each neighboring chunk. Every chunk starts at -24 hours of protection."

i just realized it would make exploring extremely dangerous. How about, if you stay in an area enought time for it to become safe, then leave, it can go lower than the original value.

There could be some sort of limit in game. For example, if you were in that place only once, nothing will happen. But if you were there for about 100 times or more then mobs spawn will increase. Also, if you were in one place for 100 times, it will accumulate a huge amount of spawn protection time, so you'll be able to come back. And yes, large abandoned mines will be extremely dangerous.

Also, I accidently clicked on report button to your post, sorry.

Also, I don't want creepers to be removed. Yes, it is very annoying when they blew up like in ten blocks far from you and leave terrible holes in dirt, but I like them, they looks like cats for me, I don't know why. Such a pussies.

P.S. Spawn protection time itself could be such limit. For example, if a chunk has 36000 hours of protection then it will become more hostile after this 36000 hours will pass. It means you (or more people, if we talk about city) have to stay in it for 6000 hours which is about 250 minecraft days. Long enough, I guess.

If there were new monsters that you couldn't varify were new you couldn't talk about them being not varified as new unvarified monsters? :D

'varify' 'varified' 'unvarified' These are not the words you are looking for.

is it wrong that i thought of something completely different when i read the title of this topic?

but yeah we definitely need more dungeons and generated goodness with spriknles and apple frosting

I think you should keep creepers just because they are classic to MC, but change their behavior to a passive mob. Make it drop something useful, and have them spawn in groups, with low health. They act like pigmen in, when they are attacked, they team up on you. Instead of creepers charging and exploding, they chase you. When they get close, they super sprint to you, then explode when they touch you. The explosion doesn't hurt any blocks, but it will deal a good amount of damage.

Edit: Make them hostile in low light values, so they are dangerous in caves.

I think vanilla links explosion resistance to actual hardness for mining difficulty, without going back to base edits, i don't think we can change blast resistance.

In that case could we have them act like zombies that don't die in sunlight? They are supposed to be a siege mob so maybe trading their explosions for a different siege mechanic.

I don't understand why can't they just stay underground that would be fine with me as long as they are there.

No crap nobody loves getting there house blown up, that is part of the challenge that minecraft actually got right. Its the only thing that makes vanilla tough and exciting even if its just for a moment. They really don't blow up that much in case you haven't noticed just keep them away from the center of your house and it would be fine, walls are replaceable believe it or not.

Jasnatdic if you didn't that creepers were the symbol of Minecraft, you obviously wouldn't have played enough to download this mod. You are lying to us and yourself so stop.

Do they spawn too much right now? Hell yeah they do. But TFC of all mods I excepted to fix that rather than just throwing it in the trash.

My problem with creepers is simple: They blow up when I am way outside their blast radius, they do way too much damage when they DO blow up, and they are extremely annoying to kill, without benefit of a proper weapon. Knives don't count. An axe does more damage than an equivalent knife, but is (At low metal tiers) eaten in the process. And yes, I know the creeper is the icon of Minecraft. I just don't see why it is the icon of TFC. I see them as two completely different games.

Do they spawn too much right now? Hell yeah they do. But TFC of all mods I excepted to fix that rather than just throwing it in the trash.

Right, so just redesign their siege mechanics from explosion to something else like building bridges for other mobs or digging a tunnel under your walls through dirt (not stone)

Right, so just redesign their siege mechanics from explosion to something else like building bridges for other mobs or digging a tunnel under your walls through dirt (not stone)

Also, it's enough of a pain to get stone that if you manage to build a stone casing for your house, you should be rewarded with security. Real stone (Smooth/raw), not cobble or bricks. Those can be(Eventually) disassembled.

for creepers to be able to dig they'd need arms, unless you think they should have a shovel bolted on to their heads. Wait a second, that sounds fucking awesome!

My problem with creepers is simple: They blow up when I am way outside their blast radius, they do way too much damage when they DO blow up, and they are extremely annoying to kill, without benefit of a proper weapon. Knives don't count. An axe does more damage than an equivalent knife, but is (At low metal tiers) eaten in the process. And yes, I know the creeper is the icon of Minecraft. I just don't see why it is the icon of TFC. I see them as two completely different games.

And that is the part where Bioxx and Dunk come in and heroicly fix it and make it work the way it was suppose to. Thats great that you see it that way I can tell that is what the Devs want however that will become problematic for us to get new players when we basically are saying "Hey! We tore apart that game you love so much and threw it away and replaced it with real life!" We wouldn't get near as many players not even close. (I know this game isn't about the r word but it sure as heck looks like it at first glance)

Or we could move them underground. Just saying that solves pretty much all the problems (unless you are building your house in the middle of an ancient crypt I suppose)

for creepers to be able to dig they'd need arms, unless you think they should have a shovel bolted on to their heads. Wait a second, that sounds fucking awesome!

Well I'd rather not get into the design of the creeper model. Anyhow my point is Notch wanted to keep creepers because he thought it was cool to have a type of mob that made it easier for other mobs to get at you. I think the challenge is good but the repair is only ever annoying. If we could make creepers build things like wooden bridges, ladders, dig tunnels through dirt, or maybe change how they do their damage I.E. sending a volley of arrows that come down on the player's location, or lighting random blocks on fire when they are close enough to the player.

Wooden Bridges: 1 block wide path used for bridging straight unpassable terrain

Ladders: used for climbing up unledged terrain

Tunneling: used for gaining access to inproperly walled areas or unfloored buildings

Volley: magically spawns an arrow 20 blocks above the player, used for reaching players that stand on roofs laughing at poor mr. creeper

Pyro: used when 3 blocks away from the player to attempt to destroy unprotected wooden buildings by lighting a random block on fire

Or we could move them underground. Just saying that solves pretty much all the problems (unless you are building your house in the middle of an ancient crypt I suppose)

crypts are for the undead, last time i checked creepers looked like fallic shrubberies.

sorry guys, was trying to edit in a quote and accidentally hit enter before i had moved it into the post being edited. :/