Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
danagor

Sluice bugs and other stuff about it

7 posts in this topic

Hello Forum, i made this thread because i had this idiea that sliuces couldn't detect ores above tier 0... so i made a test to see if that was true...

I created a new world and made a 64 tall pillar since the Sluices detect ores 60m deep, then i made a small vein in the center of the pillar and surround it with raw stone (Gabbro) and made a sluice system (24 Sluices) and see if my theory was true...

post-630-0-07107100-1348452513_thumb.jpg

Found this:

Sluices finds copper veins if they're surrounded with raw stone, doesn't count floor or ceiling...

My guess is that higher tier ores have a slight less chance to be detected by the sluce... i was going to test with tier 0 ores but they do not appear on NEI so i can't test if the sluices detects other ores more easily...

post-630-0-24937400-1348452547_thumb.jpg

Found two bugs on the sluices:

1. Sluice dirt/sand count is off sometimes, when i check to see if they're empty the arrow is mid way to done but it freezes, and it marks as it is not, so they're empty but they don't seem to be

post-630-0-35393600-1348452566_thumb.jpg

2. When a sluce is cheking for ores in this case Nat. Copper it gets the small ores but there's a chance that the ore that rest in the sluice UI become a stone knife... this bug can be caused because i did the test 64 blocks away from the floor so the sluices just detect the small vein i putted into a platform i made maybe it detects air as a stone knife vein???

post-630-0-37591400-1348452556_thumb.jpg

So if this is true we can say that it is posible for the sluice to detect high tier ores if in range, but that might be bugged, also it is posible to have a infinite small ore production if you have some veins totally surrounded with raw stone...

Posible exploit? don't know... i would love to test the rest of the ores but i don't see them on the NEI interface :(

Opinions?

If you're having bugs you should report it through the bug centre. It's interesting that you are getting stone knives. I'll look into that.

ok will do that... ASAP :ph34r:

Edit: done made the bug report

Edit #2: by the way is there any way to have all the ores in NEI??? i would love to do some tests whit thous :)

Hello Forum, i made this thread because i had this idiea that sliuces couldn't detect ores above tier 0... so i made a test to see if that was true...

My world has sluices digging up iron and nickle ore. So no. Sluices do find all ores.

The issues is, generally those other ores are too deep to be detected.

My world has sluices digging up iron and nickle ore. So no. Sluices do find all ores.

The issues is, generally those other ores are too deep to be detected.

Awesome thanks that's good to know :)

i have a bug really annoying, i started a new SMP world i got to the point where i create sluices, i made 6 sluices i split them in two groups one close to a Nat. Copper Vein and the other close to a Cassiterite Vein, here is what happens, at first i got a very nice ore yield on both groups, on the first round one of the sluices had 4 nuggets, and the rest just one or two, i picked up all the ore yielded... now on the second round, i get a max ore yield of 1 per sluice if any, but when i grab the ore and try to merge it whit the big stack, the ore i picked up is lost, the only way not to lose that ore is to put it in a chest and then close the chest, open it again and then merge the ore...

So i belive that when the sluices get bugged they'r yielding this ghost ores, and because of that same bug any extra ore that the sluice could yield is lost, like overwriting on top of the first yielded ore and that makes the sluice yield just one ore at a time because it can't stack them... already updated my bug report

This is something i do not consider a bug but it is interesting... i have two sluice systems one close to a vein of Nat. Copper and 50 or less blocks away another system close to a Cassiterite vein, the thing is that the system close to the Nat. Copper yields Cass and the other one close to Cass yields Nat. Copp... so i start counting blocks and found that both systems search range meet both veins, so i'm guessing that the sluices detects ores that are far away from them a lot better, why? dunno but my guess is that sluices search for ores on the long range first and then stars searching close to it until it finds ore, once it finds the ore the search mechanism resets and begins looking on the far range again, i say that because the sluice that i have colse to the nat copp has nerver yielded nat copp, same with the cass one...

i imagine the search clockwise making a spiral till it finds ore or it gets to the center... :P interesting... of course the starting point of that spiral and the direction of search is random every time it resets because i don't allways get ores on one round, but i know the yield is going to be a little bit faster if the sluices are far away from th eore veins...

PS

By the way i still can't vote on the new poll it never finish loading after i push the vote button