Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joey

The tiny little TFC Planet.

28 posts in this topic

Let's consider something for a second. A TFC world is 40KM from pole to pole. Assuming the world is a sphere, this means that the world is 80KM around. That's 500 times smaller than earth, which is roughly 40,000 KM around. So this planet is super tiny. Like, not even pluto sized. With this tiny gravitational pull, even a fully grown man can jump only a meter high. Let's say a real person can jump 1 meter high, weighing 80 Kg. That means that Steve, with his 500 times gravitational advantage, must be 500 times heavier than a real person for this to equal out. Steve has a mass of 40,000 Kg, meaning he must be very dense, for only being 2 meters tall.

Tell us, devs, why did you make Steve so damn fat?

<p>They didn't make Steve fat, they gave the center of the planet the density of solid gold.

Seriously, there's no reason to think through the physics of the game that deeply. ;)

LOL xD

EDIT: usefuller post EVAR!

EDIT2: now seriously, you also have to consider that ther eis no limit in the west or east. The TFC world is then pretty small from north to south, but infinitely large from east to west. Show me ONE planet infinitely large in any direction.

PERIOD!

I guess you could say anyone who would want to live on a TFC world had to be... pretty dense.

I guess you could say anyone who would want to live on a TFC world had to be... pretty dense.

Was that supposed to be clever?

'Tell us, devs, why did you make Steve so damn fat?'

That was perfect delivery. Tempted to siggy that. hahaaha

There's no reason to think that Steve has the physiology of an Earthling. If he came to Earth, he'd be crushed to death by our gravity.

i think steve is the unconscious mind of a wandering deity, he has the power to create and destroy and never does truly die, if Steve was to come to earth it would not be earth but only the perception of earth in his own mind, Steve is the wandering mind of a sleeping god, Whether or not the world he exists in makes him so damn fat, He still wears that blue shirt and jeans with pride baby.

Gravitational pull doesn't depend on the core size only, the material too

mhh

LOL xD

EDIT: usefuller post EVAR!

EDIT2: now seriously, you also have to consider that ther eis no limit in the west or east. The TFC world is then pretty small from north to south, but infinitely large from east to west. Show me ONE planet infinitely large in any direction.

PERIOD!

its actually also pretty big north to south!!!!! actually infinete as well!!

it's just that in the TFC world there is "only" a 40km wide, infinetly long, belt of changing climates:D

The TFC world is then pretty small from north to south, but infinitely large from east to west...

So basically we're all playing on a UFO/flying saucer?

Or we are playing within the event horizon of a moderately sized singularity

I would like to see it made into a Torus planet like the old 2D RPGs. Basically going past 20k warps you to -20k and vice versa. It's not a realistic planet shape, but it's believable in that if you keep going straight you eventually end up back where you started.

Gravity is simply the ever present etheral tentacles of the Enderhorrors, whose eternal lust for the physical realm causes them to pull everything towards their domain, the Void.

I kinda dig fantastical physics systems like how the Elder Scroll series has, as normal physics don't really work with Minecrafts infinite thin crust between two infinite voids.

I would like to see it made into a Torus planet like the old 2D RPGs. Basically going past 20k warps you to -20k and vice versa. It's not a realistic planet shape, but it's believable in that if you keep going straight you eventually end up back where you started.

TFC Ringworld?

The size of the world was explained when we first introduced it. It's a gameplay mechanic.

I think some of you -Dunk included :- misunderstood the OP... or i did. However, what i think he meant to was not to complain about the size fo the world, but to make a joke out of it. I personally liked it :3 although he made a huge mistake that i then corrected.

Now, if he was in fact complaining, then i laughed of something a troll tried to make harmful .-. so it's kind of a fail...

I think some of you -Dunk included :- misunderstood the OP... or i did. However, what i think he meant to was not to complain about the size fo the world, but to make a joke out of it. I personally liked it :3 although he made a huge mistake that i then corrected.

Now, if he was in fact complaining, then i laughed of something a troll tried to make harmful .-. so it's kind of a fail...

if you want to make jokes, you guys should join the irc channel, where people can laugh and move on with their lives. A forum which is designed for people to respond and provide their own insights and where everything written is archived is not the place for this. I think most of us made the assumption that this was not a joke.

if you want to make jokes, you guys should join the irc channel, where people can laugh and move on with their lives. A forum which is designed for people to respond and provide their own insights and where everything written is archived is not the place for this. I think most of us made the assumption that this was not a joke.

... ok

*goes to google to see what irc is*

Lol, I always hang around the IRC, but nothing cool happens :(

Steve weighs 40,000 Kg, meaning he must be very dense.

No, Steve has a MASS of 40,000 Kg.

if you're gonna go all physics on it, at least go all physics properly.

If we assume Steve's two meters tall (since blocks are supposed to be one cubic meter) and one meter wide, that's still one hell of a dense organism.

Maybe Minecraft is actually taking place on a neutron star and the experience is just colored from steve's perception of life with an overlay of our own, ala Dragon's Egg.

thank you.

I don't know what's so hard to understand here.

The map has poles, but is still flat. If you ever reach the edge, you'll fall off. No one who has ever fallen off has lived to tell about it, though.

According to Einstein's theory of general relativity, an observer cannot perceive the difference between a force applied from gravity versus a force from the relative frame accelerating. The flat world does not create a gravitational force upon Steve, it is merely accelerating through space upwards with an acceleration equal to 9.8m/s^2. The atmosphere is held in place with Dark Energy.

All joking aside, the physics match exactly what you see presented as fact on the Flat Earth Society's FAQ!!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0