Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kandid Kandace

Ideal Minecraft

24 posts in this topic

Spumquack's ranting kind of inspired the thought: "What should minecraft be?"

That is, ideally, what would minecraft be (As in the gameplay, content, etc) as opposed to what it is now. For example, Spumquack talked about minecraft being more unforgiving, more "survival" based, etc.

I kind of imagined a game where the power the player had is based off of what they have developed in their world. As in, if a player totally walled off an area and lit everything up, for example, in that area they would be powerful. Outside of that area, however, they are weak and fragile to the harshness of the world, and they have to be weary. It's quite different from what it is now, of course.

Spumquack's ranting kind of inspired the thought: "What should minecraft be?"

That is, ideally, what would minecraft be (As in the gameplay, content, etc) as opposed to what it is now. For example, Spumquack talked about minecraft being more unforgiving, more "survival" based, etc.

I kind of imagined a game where the power the player had is based off of what they have developed in their world. As in, if a player totally walled off an area and lit everything up, for example, in that area they would be powerful. Outside of that area, however, they are weak and fragile to the harshness of the world, and they have to be weary. It's quite different from what it is now, of course.

Yeah Remember Troy? Big ol' wall till the greeks came knocking at the door, Big walls may make you look like a big man, But when those greeks come waltzing by you get on your knees and hope they don't try the same thing again.

My ideal minecraft would be a cross between better than wolves and terrafirmacraft. I seriously can't imagine how it could get better than that.

My ideal minecraft would be a cross between better than wolves and terrafirmacraft. I seriously can't imagine how it could get better than that.

Being able to build such advanced machines to cross space and time to colonize other planets on your quest to find a bigger planet with sentient beings to harvest there resources and enslave them to do your bidding? Yeah your right it couldn't get any better than TFC and Better than wolves.

Thought we were talking about Minecraft not Master of Orion 2.

Boy im in the wrong place :/ *Sneaks out while no one notices*

Let's see, my perfect minecraft...

TFC + BTW (as mentioned before) + Finite Water + Nature Overhaul + Unbelievable shaders + Optifine - Bugs - Lag.

I know it's impossible, but i can dream, right?

Let's see, my perfect minecraft...

TFC + BTW (as mentioned before) + Finite Water + Nature Overhaul + Unbelievable shaders + Optifine - Bugs - Lag.

I know it's impossible, but i can dream, right?

Trying to think on any way to improve on this... I cannot.

add a good looking texture pack and it's pretty much perfect. The only thing would be a kind of scenario (like choosable) where you could later get into a IC2/RP2/BC age; but thats another thing.

Terrafirmacraft + a more cohesive overhaul of DNS' Better Than Technic (the largest modpack to ever exist) + the future mod known as Futurecraft + An extension of Terrafirmacraft capable of making a hundred types of alien planets including the rocks, flora and fauna.

Nobody can top that. Not until something major happens. Oh, wait add Blockscape (different game) in there also.

Edit: JAG's is possible that mess I just posted though, It ain't happening anytime soon.

Edit: JAG's is possible that mess I just posted though, It ain't happening anytime soon.

... Show me a functional minecraft jar with every mod i listed installed, plus those the mods need to function, and then i will believe you that it is possible. Until then... :

Oh, and to make my minecraft even better, blockspace intead of minecraft :P

-ironic, my perfect minecraft is not in minecraft xD-

My ideal MC is anything but Tekkit. Like really, Tekkit just destroys the game and its awesomeness with it's flying suits and energy conversion and other stupid things like so.

Not a tekkit haters club, it's just a minecraft dreamers thread... :

Oh, fuck it. we are in the off topic section, we don't need to keep in topic.

I like elefants!

I love tekkit content, however I dislike how it is so easy to achieve, I could build a quarry in less time than it takes to make a pickaxe in TFC.

I never played with Better than wolves. Yes, I haven't! But now that I see what they've done... WOW! How the fuck did they made those water wheels? I mean... WOW! That is freaking awesome!

I want to see their code!

I love tekkit content, however I dislike how it is so easy to achieve, I could build a quarry in less time than it takes to make a pickaxe in TFC.

I'd like a Technic (IC2+BC+RP etc.) pack on top of TFC if it took absolutely ages to be able to build the most basic machines, so they're very much a top tier thing, something you need to pour a lot of time and resources into to achieve. Maybe machines would need steel instead of iron, and T2 and up machines would need blue or red steel.

It won't happen though unless someone else steps in - the TFC devs don't like Technic.

I'd like a Technic (IC2+BC+RP etc.)

I played that until some months ago. But it was so overpowered that...ok then I tried TFC. I was thinking that only a mod can't make me happy, conversely it did.

I really like automation in minecraft, but I don't like the way a lot of mods do it. I think it's a good idea to give the player a few simple tools (Allocators, pistons, redstone, etc) that do very simple things in and of themselves, and let them make their own complex machines with them. I think that really promotes creativity and invention. In tekkit, you make really big machines, but as apposed to the method I explained they start out as complex, and I don't like that.

The thing about better than wolves is they don't seem to support forge, I've tried... If it did there could be a lil tweaking

: in fact, Better Than Wolves includes one of the worst features i have ever seen: It's intentionally uncompatible with Forge. It's not that i don't like the mod, nor that i don't respect the modder's opinion, but that is just silly :

: in fact, Better Than Wolves includes one of the worst features i have ever seen: It's intentionally uncompatible with Forge. It's not that i don't like the mod, nor that i don't respect the modder's opinion, but that is just silly :

That is being a dick... IMO.

And I'm not saying it only because of the incompatibility, have you read his forums?

I've read a little bit and heard some of what Flowerchild has to say on the subject, and to an extent it does make sense. He got tired of another mod dictating how his own mod would progress based on what forge implemented and having to wait for them to update to update his own mod. He makes the case that a modder will generally only mod so long as they enjoy what they're doing, and that he was enjoying modding less from being so dependent on other mods.

While that does make sense, i don't think he should make it completely uncompatible. I mean, he could simply stick to Modloader, and don't care about what Forge does. What's the point of adding intentional uncompatibility to such a widely used mod?