Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Asablief

Does clay only appear in certain biomes?

14 posts in this topic

I've searched every river and pond far and wide and there is 0 clay anywhere. I'm in a sizable biome. Are they connected?

Clay should appear in ponds and along rivers its not frequent but when you find some you'll have clay for weeks. Also you might want to dig around a little as clay is inside dirt blocks, it can be covered in grass even on the side

Also we no longer have biomes. They have been replaced.

Another full day of searching for clay, and nothing

Is clay supposed to only yield 0-2 pieces? I noticed that it often gave off 4 but they disappeared immediately.

Also we no longer have biomes. They have been replaced.

Push F3 while you are in game, and you will see a biome listed.

The world gen is supposed to be completely determined by "layers" now, so I assume that the biome listed on the F3 screen is simply calculated by the evaluation of the layers at that point.

I don't really know how the clay is generated, but it could be based on that biome value. Maybe only "river" and "lake" have clay?

Clay is so rare for me that I really have no choice but to spawn some because I can't progress in the game.

Like, I've searched my searched radius to like 3k blocks in creative now and I've found four blocks. Four blocks. That's it. I'm at a loss now. Meanwhile, I've seen videos of people with so much clay that they can make 9000 ceramic moulds.

I think (correct me if I'm wrong) biome determines what trees are present, and what other flora and fauna are present.

I think (correct me if I'm wrong) biome determines what trees are present, and what other flora and fauna are present.

Vanilla biomes may still affect some things, but as of build 49 it won't affect what trees are spawning. From the change-log:

• Rock layers are no longer linear and confined to a strict set of biomes. They also overlap in different ways, meaning that the edge of one rock layer does not mean that you are at the edge of another layer beneath it.
  • Similarly the tree layers are defined in an overlapping fashion.
Take a look at the changelog for more details.

Another full day of searching for clay, and nothing

Is clay supposed to only yield 0-2 pieces? I noticed that it often gave off 4 but they disappeared immediately.

This might be the cause of a 1.3 MC feature, where dropped items of the same type will combine into one pile (e.g. dropping 1 stick and then another in the same spot will leave a stack of 2 sticks, as opposed to just two individual sticks on the ground).

So if your breaking apart multiple clay blocks at a time, their drops will combine together.

When this 1st started happening, kept thinking all my cobble stone was glitching out (the horror :) ).

You really have to find clay often so just look around some more. If you've found clay once, it will last a long long time. Make sure to clear your inventory before you go clay hunting so you can take as much as possible in one trip.

greetz,

Cake

Here's how i do it:

1) Find body of water.

2) Look along it and all of it's routes.

3) Do #2 for about 3000 or so blocks

4) WE HAVE A WINNER!

Really, I can find it easily. (If it's not on a server)

But, if you can't find any, then um...............................................................................................................

(2 DAYS LATER)

Aha! How about diggng in random places near water!

Yep this needs addressing in my opinion. Too hard to find, I know TFC is about patience but this is just pure frustration and I'm sure Bioxx didn't intend it to be this rare. He always says it's a balance between realism and fun. And this is almost, almost killing the fun. Still i'm not going to cheat the search goes on

try the seed "happy" you spawn inside a sequoia forest with clay in the river next to you

try the seed "happy" you spawn inside a sequoia forest with clay in the river next to you

Cheers but the world I have at the moment is stunning! plus every second rock I turn over has zinc or tin (seriuosly it's crazy) more than enough for pick and pro pick in 1 game day!!! So that's why I'm not complaining hard, you win some (ores) and lose some (clay). It's just for me the game is about tracking down ores not clay!?!