Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zylvian

Only copper?!

17 posts in this topic

Hey, i started a new server with my friend today. We have played for a while, and we have searched a long time for metals, but the only thing we find is copper! Copper, copper, copper and copper. No sign of casetherite and mesmithinite (or how it is spelled). We have like 3 stacks of copper, and no other metal. Is this normal?

Try setting up a bunch of sluices to get the early metals.

I have, but i only get copper and rubys from it. ._.

You are horribly unlucky, same thing happened to me as well except this time it's sphalerite. Just keep on searching, and punch rocks on the ground as much as you can. If you find small sphalerite/bismuthinite/cassiterite nuggets popping up, then there is a corresponding ore vein underneath that.

I hope I explained this properly... and also, welcome to the forums! :D

You are horribly unlucky, same thing happened to me as well except this time it's sphalerite. Just keep on searching, and punch rocks on the ground as much as you can. If you find small sphalerite/bismuthinite/cassiterite nuggets popping up, then there is a corresponding ore vein underneath that.

I hope I explained this properly... and also, welcome to the forums! :D

I did this in a sick radius, still no other ore then Copper to be found. And i'm noob, so i don't even know what to use my copper on, lol.

And thank you guys for helping me. :D

One hard lessons in TFC is how far you have to travel to get what you want.

If you don't find sphalperite, bismuthinite or cassiterite, you're unlucky, but if you find them you're the most lucky of the world because you have tons of useful copper. Many people are going crazy right now because they can't find copper.

Can anybody make a tutorial on what to do with copper? Lol

It's actually in the wiki... anything you could make from tin, you can make from copper on a copper anvil. You will need copper for different alloys, too. It's useful, just not yet for you, seemingly :)

You could also build a bellows in your crafting bench using 6 planks, 3 leather and make a sandwich. If you have Oak around (an example of a high temperature wood) spam that bellows while cooking copper in the firepit. I've been doing this, it works but it takes a while.

Once done smelting 14 of them, build your anvil and have a nice day with your copper tools.

I realize this is a very late post, but in case you're still unsure about your issue then this is one way to deal with it.

You could also build a bellows in your crafting bench using 6 planks, 3 leather and make a sandwich. If you have Oak around (an example of a high temperature wood) spam that bellows while cooking copper in the firepit. I've been doing this, it works but it takes a while.

Once done smelting 14 of them, build your anvil and have a nice day with your copper tools.

I realize this is a very late post, but in case you're still unsure about your issue then this is one way to deal with it.

I was thinking that, but I don't think this is possible anymore, without stone pickaxes. Because, without access to tier one metals to get a metal hammer, the only way to get the flux needed for an anvil would be from borax, and I think you'd need the stone pickax to even get that (not that I have EVER found any).

I was thinking that, but I don't think this is possible anymore, without stone pickaxes. Because, without access to tier one metals to get a metal hammer, the only way to get the flux needed for an anvil would be from borax, and I think you'd need the stone pickax to even get that (not that I have EVER found any).

No, currently there is a rock that you can break to obtain flux with a stone hammer, but I can't remember which rock it is. I think it's limestone, but I'm surely wrong

No, currently there is a rock that you can break to obtain flux with a stone hammer, but I can't remember which rock it is. I think it's limestone, but I'm surely wrong

Far as I know that rock would be borax, but that'd still require a pick to acquire. Which sadly would mean that he'd still need a tier one zero metal (pickaxe) in order to harvest it, before he could even make the flux with the stone hammer.

http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Borax

http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Flux

Far as I know that rock would be borax, but that'd still require a pick to acquire. Which sadly would mean that he'd still need a tier one zero metal (pickaxe) in order to harvest it, before he could even make the flux with the stone hammer.

http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Borax

http://wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Flux

Yes, it's borax, but at least you don't need also a metal hammer.

Btw, sluice will only pull up ores that already exist in the vicinity (the wiki says 100x100x60). So if there's only copper nearby, then that's all they'll get.

Try searching for different biomes. I know Granite biomes are always good for finding cassiterite. You'll find the ore eventually!

You need to search in Extrusive Igneous (iirc) for cassiterite. Lke granite. Ores are found in differenet rock types. It could be that you are just looking in the wrong rocks.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0