Private Security aka how to be save without beeing online 24/7

GismoT
By GismoT in Suggestions,
1. Locks Why do we have Locks, to keep the badguys out of our stuff What if we were able to make locks and keys ? simple idea, the knapping gui has already "all" the code you 1 make a keyplan (you get the knapping guy, shaping the key) with that you create the lockplan, place the keyplan on the locksmith table, youll get a lockplan, you guys can think now, how many parts the lock should consist of (balancing etc) the lock could be placed on doors, chests (gates when they are hopefully implemented) the way to get past the lock: i see 2 way 1. make lockpicks+ a little lockpick minigame like fallout 3 or the thief would have to make all key possibilites there are (if magnet locks or redstone locks are not an issue, there cant be that many key combinations ( you need 1 complete row to connect the beard, to the keyshaft) 2. Ladders, and why they are OP since most guys who wrote about themselfes in the forums seem to know something about physiks or a general knowledge untainted by tv or the big cities, ill just say it straight, there is no way a ladder is simply a sticky thing you can glue on walls as you wish this is why i propose 2 new ladders the wall ladder do you know how scaffholdings work ? in the middleages, sticks were incorporated in the buildings wall, so the scaffholdings do not break apart/move away from the wall, removed later or shortend so they can be used in case of repairs today,only small hooks are placed in the brickwall (if the building has more then 3+stories) these are removed, holes are filled with concrete the scafholdings in concrete are ...... ok no revelance anymore to "glue" the ladders to the wall you are going to need a way to fix them, these could be hooks(need a hammer+ hooks in the quickbar) this would take time (if you fortifed something you have have time to shoot down the intruder(s) the longladder basicly a huuge 1piece ladder, to be placed against a wall ( otherwise it will come crashing down) alsoraw/cobble/sand/gravel shouldnt be able to form a pillar/if not properly placed (support etc) so now that we established ways how not to get into a good castle, lets talk about how to with the building update, caveins are hopefully a way to tear down enemy walls (make a big shaft under the wall(TNT MAYBE?) =) get some nice longladders and hope your fellow conquerers shoot down the enemy defenders ( and hope they dont have "unoticable" sally ports like in GoT) get some nice siedgeweapons cannons ( we got the stuff to make gunpowder anyway why dont just give a use for it ) trebuchets (burning balls stones, grapeshots etc) rams etc you get my point, i want to build walls that have a other reasons then oooh so pretty, and a nice thanks to gimpygary, with whom i discussed these matters while building black rock hold PS.: JED WHATS GOING ON?
  • 10 replies