Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sekra

Looking for a few good men

8 posts in this topic

Hello everybody!

I've been playing Terrafirmacraft for a few weeks now and I find it absolutely brilliant. As it happens I have access to a root server in the EU (dedicated server box with just our server running on the hardware) and we are having some changes very soon that make the box run on a extremely light load. This means I could easily run a public TerraFirmaCraft server on the box but I need a few people to help me run it. I havent run a public MC server before so what I'm looking for is basically a community manager who hopefully has some previous experience in running a public MC server. I will take care of all the technical side of running the server and if you want to setup a webpage etc all that can be arranged on the same box. We also already run a mumble server there so voice comms are also available. I will post the servers specs at the end of this post. Mind you I have been running private servers for quite some time now so the technical side of everything is no problem.

The changes on our server will happen on October 17th so the launch of the server could be anytime after that date (tests can be run before that too) so we have plenty of time to get everything set up and planned. Also to be noted is that I am not looking for people to pay for the server, that is being taken care of. You will also not be given any access (ftp or any other) to the actual server machine but if there are any forums or webpages or such that are created for the TFC server then you will be given administrator access to those naturally. It is possible though if the cooperation is fruitful that we could offer you a "share" on the server which would grant you full access to the server machine but also to share the costs.

So to re-iterate on what I'm looking for is:

-1-2 people to help run and plan a TFC server (rules, modset, moderation, etc)

-Previous experience in running public MC servers preferred but not required

-Dedication to keep running a succesful TFC server for a long time!

What I'm providing:

-A dedicated TFC server for free

-Webpages if wanted

-Comms if needed

-Anything that can be run on a windows server

If you think you would be up for the job contact me via these forums with a PM or find me in the TFC irc channel.

Additional information:

Here's what I would prefer as the modset (but its not set in stone):

-TerraFirmaCraft (duhh!)

-Smart Moving

-Rei's Minimap

Server details (Hetzner EX4 Root Server):

i7-2600

16gb DDR3 RAM

3 TB HDD (software RAID)

Windows Server 2008 R2

100/100mbit network connection

10TB monthly traffic limit

Located in Germany

dude i would love to do that

just one question, how is a root server able to do that

to my knowledge the rootservers only contain name data

how are you able to "highjack" it for other purposes ?

i have admin´d a ic2/rp/sm server, and jeds server but only with limited acces, thats why the server died ( after reinistalling the new mod, the server reseted and wanted to run bukkit, i did not get access to these configs)

in addition i was mod on the ic/planes/buildcraft server, now i am currently a helper @ ftb

i can do the modding, mumble,mapgeneration,spawn,forum mod/admin, and op/mod if necessary, but i personally am opposed to the idea of ops, mods yes

if you want, we can talk over the details via msn/skype/mumble/mail what ever you prefer, just give me a pm, you never know who lurks on open forums =)

also i could bring atleast 10 people to the server, if the whole forum of jeds server follows the call 80 =)

Well I just registered for this but, I do have lots of experiences in servers. I can also help with other stuff that you may need help on.

Had a long chat with GismoT this night and I think I will go with him and his people for now since everything seemed quite fun what we talked about. I appreciate everyone for the interest and hope to see you playing on the upcoming server sometime in the near future!

Ive lead my people to the promised land, a new server :P

just one question, how is a root server able to do that

to my knowledge the rootservers only contain name data

how are you able to "highjack" it for other purposes ?

GizmoT knows his stuff and is a great mod

Okay.. don't know if troll or .... but anyway. Basically you are right: So called root nameservers mostly contain just name data. What he meant is a dedicated server with superuser access rights. Another term for superuser-account might be root-account and thus most hosters use the term root-server - even though it's a bit confusing.

Yeeeeeeah I'm just trolling a bit because I'm bored as hell right now.. you probably already knew all the stuff I wrote above :D

Okay let the offtopic be offtopic:

Good luck with your server. We need more good TFC Servers out there!

I'm going to troll somewhere else now......