Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Random832

Time to remove placed logs

39 posts in this topic

Even with a metal axe, it takes a lot of time to remove a single player-placed log block, similar to the amount of time to cut a tree. I can understand why the time was increased in the first place (to balance tree felling), but it makes for an annoying process if you mess up placing a log pile, or want to take down a house that you built from logs, and also provides an easy way to grief SMP servers.

Even with a metal axe, it takes a lot of time to remove a single player-placed log block, similar to the amount of time to cut a tree. I can understand why the time was increased in the first place (to balance tree felling), but it makes for an annoying process if you mess up placing a log pile, or want to take down a house that you built from logs, and also provides an easy way to grief SMP servers.

I fully agree. I have made my roof out of wood and I want to replace it with some bricks, but every time I want to I get turned off because taking out all that wood would be unbelievably gruelling.

i disagree to cut a tree in real life it takes more the then a few secs you know?

i disagree to cut a tree in real life it takes more the then a few secs you know?

But to take something you placed yourself shouldn't take long, as you know how to placed it and should know how to remove it easily... It shouldn't take hacking at a piece for ages to take it apart.

Yeah, I like this. Clearly the tree is split into different parts when you fell it, how does it magically fuse back into a log?

Same for raw stone-you're thinking like that stoned by life guy.

Not to mention, it clearly can tell the difference, because it doesn't do the "shower of logs" tree felling thing when you've got a large number of connected placed logs. It's fine that it takes that long to cut a tree, but this shouldn't apply to stuff you've built out of logs (or to random logs strewn about your land by a griefer)

Failure to thoroughly read OP crits you for 2000.

I like this idea. Endorsed.

nah guys. We allowed you to place blocks. If you fuck up, it's on you. I mean... Why should we change our mod because you're second guessing your wooden roof...?

you do know that you dont need an ax to remove the log piles, just manually remove any logs and when it's empty the block will dissapear

you do know that you dont need an ax to remove the log piles, just manually remove any logs and when it's empty the block will dissapear

Failure to thoroughly read the OP crits you for 2000.

The placed log blocks are not the same as log piles.

And no one has to change the mod if it feels too personal. It was just an idea.

Yeah, only a complete idiot wouldn't do it that way, or think that that was what was being talked about.

Yeah, only a complete idiot wouldn't do it that way, or think that that was what was being talked about.

charming as always I see

wait you can legitly get log blocks in TFC now?

this is news to me

Failure to thoroughly read the OP crits you for 2000.

And no one has to change the mod if it feels too personal. It was just an idea.

I thought you two were better than that.

Next time, you get a warn status.

College educated, you say?

But of course. If I wasn't, I'd have said something moronic like "Only an idiot would say that", or some such drivel

I thought you two were better than that.

Next time, you get a warn status.

So calling someone an idiot gets you a warn status, but this...

FUCK NO.

I mean god dammit. I've been telling you guys for weeks: nonononononononononononononono. Seems like you're all deaf or some shit.

and this...

that's the pussy sort of attitude we don't like here at TFC. If you want it to be easy, go play vanilla.

is perfectly OK? Dunk, I thought YOU were better than that.

Ohh a fight. Someone, go make some popcorn.

Seriously, Not best to attack staff directly. Ever. Talk it out civilized.

and before you give the bullshit about 'I was being calm' or 'I wasn't attacking' etc, know that in fact staff(the ones on most sites) dont care. If they take offense, then in fact it WAS an attack, and there is no saying otherwise without a definitive explanation, something very rare on the nets.

/just saying

Ohh a fight. Someone, go make some popcorn.

Seriously, Not best to attack staff directly. Ever. Talk it out civilized.

and before you give the bullshit about 'I was being calm' or 'I wasn't attacking' etc, know that in fact staff(the ones on most sites) dont care. If they take offense, then in fact it WAS an attack, and there is no saying otherwise without a definitive explanation, something very rare on the nets.

/just saying

1. Not a fight.

2. This has happened before and was brought up in PM's with me, Bioxx and Dunk.

3. Bioxx doesn't treat his players this way, why would he want his staff to? Staff should be held accountable for their actions as they are public representatives of these forums and this mod.

and this...

Don't question how and when people abuse their power.

Stupid lag

and this...

yknow, insulting devs really isn't a good way to make a good impression on people...

yknow, insulting devs really isn't a good way to make a good impression on people...

I respect people who stand up for what they believe is right in spite of whatever power others may wield. If there's nothing to be ashamed of, then no one should feel insulted.

Girls, girls. We're all pretty.

In all seriousness, this is silly. Lets just talk it out, and chill.