Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GHOzzD

Using torches as a firestarter

31 posts in this topic

I just played TFC and understood that we're using stone age firestarter everytime, and it's is uncomfortable because of low chance of setting fire. So maybe use torches as a firestarter with higher of fire setting chance as one-off firestarter. And also flint n steel as highchancefirestarter.

eh, maybe. It's just not that necessary, after all, sticks are everywhere, so you can always make another firestarter, and it rarely takes more than one firestarter to start a camp fire. After you've got that campfire started, it always takes one click to relight it.

I'd prefer firestarters start real world fires, similar to a vmc flint and steel, but it takes multiple tries like it does now when you are lighting a camp fire. Then we can have some good ol' eco-terrorism >:]

If you have difficult starting a fire, just drop a piece of paper with the sticks and your fire should start quickly.

If you have difficult starting a fire, just drop a piece of paper with the sticks and your fire should start quickly.

REALLY?! I didn't know that!

I know that, but it still have low chance and it's still stone-age technology

Don't advance purely for the sake of advancement. Just because something is old, doesn't mean its bad. Don't fix something if it isn't broken. 3 reasons we don't need a whole firestarter tech-tree, the one we have works fine.

Using torches as fire starters is not a good idea. It would render the firestarter almost completely useless (except for the very first time). The problem is that torches burn indefinitely - if they would burn down at some point, I would support your idea

Just wanted to offer this, and offer make torch crafting harder.

I always though "hitting" (left click) a stick against a torch would be a good way to make another torch, as waiting for them to catch in a campfire can get annoying when you need a lot of them. Of course a lot of torches are unnecessary since the new mob spawning was added...

eh, maybe. It's just not that necessary, after all, sticks are everywhere, so you can always make another firestarter, and it rarely takes more than one firestarter to start a camp fire. After you've got that campfire started, it always takes one click to relight it.

I'd prefer firestarters start real world fires, similar to a vmc flint and steel, but it takes multiple tries like it does now when you are lighting a camp fire. Then we can have some good ol' eco-terrorism >:]

have you ever TRIED rubbing sticks together? The tiny little ember you produce would only be able to light the smallest of sticks or tinder.

have you ever TRIED rubbing sticks together? The tiny little ember you produce would only be able to light the smallest of sticks or tinder.

i'm not the outdoorsy type, so no, i actually haven't, but i get what your saying. It was just one of those on the spot ideas, so im not too torn up about it.

i'm not the outdoorsy type, so no, i actually haven't, but i get what your saying. It was just one of those on the spot ideas, so im not too torn up about it.

I'm afraid of what would you do if you were.

hen we can have some good ol' eco-terrorism >:]

i find the proposition of burning down a rain forest irl to be quite horrifying actually. But an mc rain forest, whooo boy, that's a whole other matter.

i find the proposition of burning down a rain forest irl to be quite horrifying actually. But an mc rain forest, whooo boy, that's a whole other matter.

really? all of that non renewable wood? I would just chop it down....

really? all of that non renewable wood? I would just chop it down....

You mean irl? Whoa.... I'm a petroleum engineer and I can't cope with that

You mean irl? Whoa.... I'm a petroleum engineer and I can't cope with that

noooooo.... TFC kapok. I like rainforests.... I mean he talks about burning TFC rainforests, where as I would chop it down for charcoal.

noooooo.... TFC kapok. I like rainforests.... I mean he talks about burning TFC rainforests, where as I would chop it down for charcoal.

Yeah, I was just messing with you, eh?

...Am I the only big enough loser here to just... leave them?

I have a rule - 2 kapok/sequoia per forest

the rest stay

Save the trees man

...Am I the only big enough loser here to just... leave them?

I have a rule - 2 kapok/sequoia per forest

the rest stay

Save the trees man

Here is my rule:

Kapok? Stays. Sequoia? Take the axe.

I would keep them there, but i really like their planks colour, and also they let me make some pretty big charcoal pits pretty fast -max i ever got of charcoal was half an inventory, roughly. All sequoia-. Kapok stays 'cause i like jungle trees :3

First time I've saw the jungle I've took a sickle and axe to tear the whole thing down in search of an ocealot. I really like them.

5 bucks says you didnt find any cats. ;D

5 bucks says you didnt find any cats. ;D

I wouldn't take him up on the bet if I were you. I don't think ocelots spawn in tfc yet.

Like I would go on a bet that I know that I've lost??? Men, I've got a desert out of a jungle(would be an awesome feature) searching for it

Personally, I never liked vanilla cats. The 'personality' of the cats is too stereotypical and is built entirely from meme. I would like to see something totally unique in that regard.

oh and... any jungle cats you DO add... PLEASE make sure its got at least one way to tame it. I love big cats. (:

Just make sure its damn hard as hell to do.

Personally, I never liked vanilla cats. The 'personality' of the cats is too stereotypical and is built entirely from meme. I would like to see something totally unique in that regard.

oh and... any jungle cats you DO add... PLEASE make sure its got at least one way to tame it. I love big cats. (:

Just make sure its damn hard as hell to do.

Like real cats scare creepers? That is so stereotypical!!!

Seriously I have two cats and they do behave like hte vanilla cats, sitting around stuff that you want to use and can't with them there... They annoy me a lot in-game and in real life, but I still love them.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0