Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darias

Combining Copper Molds

13 posts in this topic

How do I combine partially filled molds of copper? Wiki / search indicates the firepit, but I'm not able to make that work, nor the forge. Do I toss them into my bloomery?

Thanks in advance!

You have two options. If you have a firepit capable of reaching very high heat levels, you can stick an empty mold in the receiving slot and heat the partially filled molds in the top to melt them down together. You also use the bloomery to finish filling both molds by putting them in the output slot of the bloomery and throwing more copper ore in the actual bloomery to melt down.

Duh... I'm an idiot. Thank you! : ) Can an anvil be broken down to ingots or picked up and moved?

You have two options. If you have a firepit capable of reaching very high heat levels, you can stick an empty mold in the receiving slot and heat the partially filled molds in the top to melt them down together. You also use the bloomery to finish filling both molds by putting them in the output slot of the bloomery and throwing more copper ore in the actual bloomery to melt down.

That is not needed anymore, empty molds are only needed for ingots, sheets and unfinished armor

Never heard about that update, it still works with the mold in there, so either way you decide to do it works then I suppose. Also, anvils cannot be broken down into ingots, but you can use a pickaxe to pick the block up to move it.

I've noticed something interesting about the forge. Right now I have it constructed into my house, with a 3 block chimney, and a trapdoor in the chimney. the forge works as long as its not raining. I tried to put an L shaped rain cover stone on the roof, but as soon as the vertical line from the forge tile to the sky is broken, I can't open the forge interface. Is there a fix that will allow me to use the forge in the rain?

You can just put the two partially filled molds in your crafting gui, like repairing a tool. You lose any leftover, though.

I've noticed something interesting about the forge. Right now I have it constructed into my house, with a 3 block chimney, and a trapdoor in the chimney. the forge works as long as its not raining. I tried to put an L shaped rain cover stone on the roof, but as soon as the vertical line from the forge tile to the sky is broken, I can't open the forge interface. Is there a fix that will allow me to use the forge in the rain?

You might be able to get it to work by just moving the entire chimney over a block and not have any cover over it.

There seems to be a range as to how far it detects the path of the chimney, so if you get the bend done first, you might be able to solve your problem. (though that'd probably mean that you have rain coming right down on your forge).

Also, does the trapdoor not negate the rain for you? I thought that's how it worked.

I had hoped the trapdoor would negate the rain, but it does not. It was really put there for security - I am terrified at the thought of a creeper getting cozy in the middle of my workshop. Boxes of ore, stone, sticks, and goodies would go EVERYWHERE.

I wish they could come up with a contraption that negates the rain for bloomeries and forge. Every time I want to use my forge it rains.... at least firepits can be rain protected but it takes sooooo long to cook a stack of torches

I wish they could come up with a contraption that negates the rain for bloomeries and forge. Every time I want to use my forge it rains.... at least firepits can be rain protected but it takes sooooo long to cook a stack of torches

You can protect the forge from the rain. If it's outside just build a wooden inverted L shape from plank blocks to cover it (leave two blocks of air above, then the wood block). If it's inside you can make a bend in the chimney. The forge needs an "open path to the sky" so it will check the sides a little on the way up.

Mine has that Caveman, it's not functional. IIRC, it's (vertically) Air, air, trapdoor, air, air, stone. I can't open the forge UI, so I have to instead remove the stone and wait for the rain to stop.

As someone suggested, I am going to test it with a bend at the first air block, and see if that resolves.

Well if you still have issues you can look at

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1457-forge-wont-work

or, which demonstrates what works or does not work in forge setups.

Well, got a bit sidetracked yesterday, but I was able to test in in creative just now.

It actually seems that the bend need to take place in the 1st block above the forge (so literally how the wiki shows it)

Posted Image

No blockage (works obviously)

Posted Image

Initial bend (works)

Posted Image

Extended bend (works)

Posted Image

Delayed bend (does not work)

Posted Image

Further open delayed bend (does not work)

Posted Image

BTW, I like your sig :).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0