Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bsb23

Extra Biomes XXL?

13 posts in this topic

As of September 24 a new mod has been released but it is certainly not in infant stages. It is known as Biomes o' Plenty and was made by TDWP_FTW the author of one of the most popular add-ons for ExtraBiomesXL he was also part of the team. Until he quit and hasn't been heard from in months, until September 24 that is.

At first you would think it would be a cheap rip-off of EBXL but it is most definitely not he includes over 85 new biomes as opposed to the 28 of EBXL. And they aren't crap they are all pretty amazing actually. Here is the link...

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1495041-132-modloader-biomes-o-plenty-adds-60-unique-biomes-ssp/

My point of this firstly to show this off and second was to ask if we will ever want more coders? This guy knows how to add content and a lot of it, he practically codes this crap in his sleep. And as a complete guess I would say Bioxx prefers to could the more exciting groundbreaking things rather than a large huge (almost repetive) task. This is great for a lead coder, in fact I can't be thankful enough for Bioxx and Dunk but these aren't their areas.

I hope no one is mad at me for this but it is time to get a couple more coders. Not because this mod is moving slow but because we are moving so fast that some parts are left with plenty of potential left. If we had TwoThe and TDWP_FTW working on environment (TwoThe for construction, TDWP for content) this mod would quickly become the most in-depth terrain-generator, period.

(hope this wasn't taken as a demand but rather a suggestion.)

Some biomes are looking gorgeous and could be implemented, those spruces and mountains... damn!

But he doesn't seem to like forge, so... yeah... compatibility goes out the window.

Anyway, why did you said he codes this crap in his sleep? Has he done anything else amazing as that? Just asking...

fuck no. Get out.

EDIT: Bioxx hates working with other people. I am the rare exception, someone he found that he can actually work with. No new programmers will be added to the team.

His add-on for EBXL was awesome absolutely amazing actually but when he left he took it with him. And then redesigned, created and almost quadrupled content in far less time than it had taken to make EBXL. If he doesn't do it in his sleep I'm not sure when else he would do it.

I'm not suggesting compatibility I'm suggesting that he join our DEV team or is at least encouraged to. He is completely rogue besides this mod which may be good but isn't different or new and if he has any sense in his head he will know that TFC is where he can make things really amazing rather than expanded version of EBXL.

Well never mind then I can understand that, but you might have come on a little strong there perhaps a "we are fine right now we don't need anyone else" would have made a little more sense.

Edit:I understand your guys point of view I just was attempting to help and maybe make TFC even better, even faster. Please lock this topic now or delete it or whatever there is no use of it now.

My thoughts about the land-generation topic:

First of all i want to say, that i really like the new world generator a LOT more than than standard Mojang thing that randomly spams biomes. But maybe it could actually help to try and get into a collaboration with those guys. I don't mean like work with them, but try to get permission to include some of their code into the world generation of TFC, like you already did with some of the EBXL code. More variety in the style of world generation would be great. Right now there are just a few style of land that are possible and i feel it would add a lot to the game if the style would change for some places.

nah it's cool. I just wanted to stress that this was an absolute :)

fuck no. Get out.

EDIT: Bioxx hates working with other people. I am the rare exception, someone he found that he can actually work with. No new programmers will be added to the team.

so TFC will forever be a mod made by two people?

becouse that kinda limits the amount of content that can be added to the game and i can't even imagine the development stoping at some point for whatever reason couse thats is terrifying (not saying thats gonna happen just afraid becouse i cant play any other mod after i met TFC).

hope you guys dont take it the wrong way i love the mod and the direction of the development, its just that its common for things like this to grow and need more people, everyone likes help!

cheers...

so TFC will forever be a mod made by two people?

becouse that kinda limits the amount of content that can be added to the game and i can't even imagine the development stoping at some point for whatever reason couse thats is terrifying (not saying thats gonna happen just afraid becouse i cant play any other mod after i met TFC).

hope you guys dont take it the wrong way i love the mod and the direction of the development, its just that its common for things like this to grow and need more people, everyone likes help!

cheers...

yeah, just us :P when our other project comes out, you can play it too.

yeah, just us :P when our other project comes out, you can play it too.

Well, I bid you if you guys ever stop working on this mod make it open source like Two, would be a great thing to do. Anyway I hope this is too far in the future.

With respect to the OP and the TFC team, my two cents is that this team keep up the great work. I think the extra biomes are cool, but do not fit the direction of this mod. This mod doesn't even have biomes any longer.

I prefer the current direction in the world generation, and can't wait for the next improvement on it

With respect to the OP and the TFC team, my two cents is that this team keep up the great work. I think the extra biomes are cool, but do not fit the direction of this mod. This mod doesn't even have biomes any longer.

I prefer the current direction in the world generation, and can't wait for the next improvement on it

^This guy knows what the fuck he's talking about.

Not that it matters but for the record i wanted content of biomes not biomes. He could still add plenty of things. Either way i understand the protective mentality and glad that you can to.

Not that it matters but for the record i wanted content of biomes not biomes. He could still add plenty of things. Either way i understand the protective mentality and glad that you can to.

ok...? topic lock :)