Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
mean_man2288

[Offline] Age of legends- new server/map with"economy system" pvp equal player rights

23 posts in this topic

welcome to THE AGE of LEGENDS

new stable ip:ageoflegends.zapto.org :D

if you want to you may skip to the rules

Uhm, did you just copy and paste half of the raisercraft thread? Whatevs. I'll check out this server later, sounds fun

nope just the ops thing since i realy liked that and decided id like to work like that but i kinda used theirs as an example on how to lay it out since ive never made a server add before.

our focus is the player because with out the players we are nothing but a few mbs on a harddrive so to improve your experience we focus on 2 themes

Convenience

• you don't need to fill out any applications :D
  • We will not restrict you from game play in any way, unless it ruins the gameplay of others
  • You will be allowed to play immediately as long as you read the rules
Equality

A major part of our experience is that everyone is treat equally only their speech and actions will efect their reputation and thus affecting how their treat.

Each player is responsible for their own reputation, it is imposible earn reputation through levels, ranks, donations, or permissions.

You will never have to deal with:

• Censorship
  • Corrupt admins or moderators
  • Immature players getting priveleges
  • Tyrants or dictators
  • Unfair kicks/bans
Our players make major decisions for the server through voting

The server focus is the players.

this means ops will never , etc- will not have any more power of voice than players.

You can suggest any ideas you have, as long as you suggest them maturely.

Some possible debates

• Added features
  • Customization of the server
  • Identifying player-made issues, and dealing with them
  • Rules (the primary rules defined below can not be altered)
Examples
  • 'We need a site / We need a VoIP server / We need etc -- because <reason>'
  • 'We should change the max slots to <setting> for a week, because <reason>'
  • 'This building shouldn't be here. I think we should remove it because <reason>'
  • 'We should have a new rule where <rule>, so that <reason>'
In each of these examples, the players can call a vote or debate.

If the consensus is yes, people can volunteer for the task or the host may directly take care of it.

If the consensus is no, it can still be done but it isn't a primary concern.

You can suggest anything as long as you are respectful to others!

how we choose ops

When a person shows great maturity and integrity, and want to play a supporting role, they can be elected as an "overlord". These accounts have the ability to change to Creative mode allowing very fast travel via flight, a large field-of-vision, and access to a bow with unlimited arrows.

Things a player might do as an op/overlord:

• Use their bow and arrows to fend off monsters and protect players
  • Locate new places to build, for players to use
  • Find and report or kill rule-breakers to ensure minimal damage
*Note: our ops are not allowed to kill in creative mode without evidence of rule-breaking (snapshots, videos, chatlogs, etc)

We will be able to identify rulebreakers through a variety of methods that were simplified (but not added) by Bukkit.

Rules

(you must read these)

There are some rules that make the foundation of our gameplay experience.

These are unable to be changed, to protect fairness for our players.

We will unfortunately have to ban repeat offenders, to ensure everyone gets a fair gameplay experience.

I don't ever want to have to issue a ban; I would appreciate for people to respect eachother's right to play here.

Please do not abuse op

The only item an overloard is alowed to use/take from the Creative menu is the bow.

If you kill a rule-breaker, you're responsible to have evidence before doing so, otherwise it's considered abuse.

Types of evidence: snapshots, witnesses, videos and logs

Please do not grief the creations of other players

Please don't modify buildings that belong to other players without their permission.

If someone builds something that is obnoxious and/or in the way, discuss it in chat and have a vote.

World backups are done regularly, so any griefing can be undone quickly.

In discussion, a user may not speak over and/or otherwise censor another user

Debate isn't about a particular users' standards, it's about providing points to find the logical answer/solution.

In a freedom-of-speech environment such as this, a player must be removed in-response to censorship.

minor pranks are allowed but the server may have to vote if an op cant decide weather its a prank or griefing

if you do a prank you must follow these rules

1 no lava or TNT can be used for pranks

2 if you don't leave a sign with your name on (and preferably a witty comment) its not a prank

3 don't complain if some one gets revenge

attitude to theft

theft is frowned upon and you will be banned for stealing metals,ores and tools. however you are allowed to steal other items and because of this we recommend you hide valuables</reason></rule></reason></reason></setting></reason>

theres no ip

i apologise ive just put it up now im still building spawn but all the important parts of it are sorted the ip is now next to the name

ah ok well just wondering i would love to join when your ready

I would just like to say that the stuff in the op is almost identical to that of raisercraft except for some changed words and omitting some stuff. I not saying that as a bad thing though. Like the old saying goes "Don't fix what ain't broken". Seems like this will be a great server and I will be looking forward to getting on later. :D

Sory guys having some local power isues but I must point out the server always stops after 12am gmt for maintanance and to alow it to cool(don't want a fire in my bed room its usualy back up at 10 am sory I can't aford dedicated at the Moment I'm saving up for my colage fees in the next year

I'll try to get dedicated by cristmas sorry I can't garente that or go dedicated sooner

my ip is no longer static =(

i need to look for a solution but till then il try to update the ip regularly

Uhm, did you just copy and paste half of the raisercraft thread? Whatevs. I'll check out this server later, sounds fun

Nope says cant reach server

have you tryed it with out the :25565?

il get the alternate ip but i cant do this dayly

have you tryed it with out the :25565?

il get the alternate ip but i cant do this dayly

worked without the :25565

In the thread header it says:

"economy system"

but the post doesn't explain this, what's it all about and how does the economy system work? Sounds like a good server I'll try it out later for sure.

im curently trying to convert esentials and iconomy to a vanilla mod it will take time a long time but it will be worth it but until then me and my co-owner have devised a curency in the form of vanilla metals and gems also i have a machine that gives new people som basic items to start (a stick an ender chest(since som thefts are alowed)2 rocks a gold nuget (5 on our curency) a piece of granite (for an anvil) and 1 small bismath ore

ive finaly fixed the spawn(it still spawns you away from it but theres a ladder up to it now) i cant do a beter job because of this bugg sorry

Can't connect??

im sorry for the inconvineince the server crashed and i hadnt been to check on my pc for a day il be geting a ram upgrade for cristmas anyway so this should stop the crashing

im sorry for the inconvineince the server crashed and i hadnt been to check on my pc for a day il be geting a ram upgrade for cristmas anyway so this should stop the crashing

it keeps crashing im keeping it down for a week to see what i can do

it is now posible to join the server during the weekend since its hoasted on my bros gaming pc then but i cant garentee the times or that it will be on on the other days of the week