Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ECC

Aesthetic blocks list

107 posts in this topic

My new idea:

Mob HEADS

They can be placed on walls as a trophy of sorts.

Crafting: They have a 1-5% chance of dropping from mobs.

Why: It would be Really cool to have creeper heads all over my base. And it would kind of add a prestige to smp(best hunter/killer, etc.)

Isn't that part of the 1.4 VMC update?

Isn't that part of the 1.4 VMC update?

GAHHHHHH! Dang it! every idea I have is taken or used! Oh well, just have to keep thinking then.

Display Cases

You would place it on the wall and it could display the item you had. Basically a glorified version of the tool rack, but looks much better and renders the item in 3D and not a 2D spite texture. Also, it can hold more than just tools. Items, armour, etc. The back and sides of the block would be wood-like, while the front would be glass. It would be smaller than a full block, maybe 30% as thick and smaller on the vertical and horizontal axis, so its a rectangle.

Crafting: gwb

gwb

gwb

g= glass, w=wood, b=blank.

Why: name of the thread! and ^^^^^^^

Hope this one hasn't been thought of by someone yet!

Sorry, Kimbbles, but i just can't stop laughing for your bad luck XD...

Oh god, it hurts

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Its ok J_A_G.(lol)

GAHHHHH!

Ok, Ok,

Mirrors

Function: duh. Mirrors. They reflect you.(I know this will be a graphics hog, its for those who have beast computers, maybe it could be added as an addon or option?)

crafting: sgw

sgw

sgw

s=silver

g=glass

w=wood

Why: It would look awesome.

Also this is possible; check out the portal gun mod

God, you are not letting me breath are you? xD

http://www.minecraft...le-sneaksprint/

(one of the last mods in that page)

UGGH! forget it! I won't post on this until I get a really, really cool and unique idea.

And even then JAG will probably find a place where its been suggested, lol

Or Azdoine, don't forget Azdoine :3

It's just my job, dude, nothing personal...

*keeps laughing, although mentally*

Or Azdoine, don't forget Azdoine :3

It's just my job, dude, nothing personal...

*keeps laughing, although mentally*

Yeah. LOL

Looking back at it, this whole thread has just been me suggesting ideas, then finding out theyve been done already, lol...

Now i'm starting to laugh a bit too..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Its ok J_A_G.(lol)

GAHHHHH!

Ok, Ok,

Mirrors

Function: duh. Mirrors. They reflect you.(I know this will be a graphics hog, its for those who have beast computers, maybe it could be added as an addon or option?)

crafting: sgw

sgw

sgw

s=silver

g=glass

w=wood

Why: It would look awesome.

Also this is possible; check out the portal gun mod

and you know how badly that kills lower end computers?

It's actually not so bad if the reflection runs on a much lower FPS.

It's actually not so bad if the reflection runs on a much lower FPS.

true, but if it acts like the portal gun mod, my computer is going to litteraly fall over and explode

My computer is going to litteraly fall over and explode

Twice.

and you know how badly that kills lower end computers?

Yes thats is why i said "for those with beast computers, i never said I was one of them, so I know how much it can drop fps

Heads: Wait until vanilla heads come out, then ask to have them improved in the Metathread.

Display cases: So basically, the weapons rack, but for all items and looks nicer*? I like... but 1.4... ;P Should probably see what vanilla has before we mess with them in a mod.

Mirrors: Uhhm. Separate mod or tfc becomes unplayable for most** users(like me***)

* by nicer, I mean variety.

** anyone without an awesome system

*** No one ever reads the fine print. your souls belong to me!

Heads: Wait until vanilla heads come out, then ask to have them improved in the Metathread.

Display cases: So basically, the weapons rack, but for all items and looks nicer*? I like... but 1.4... ;P Should probably see what vanilla has before we mess with them in a mod.

Mirrors: Uhhm. Separate mod or tfc becomes unplayable for most** users(like me***)

Ok Thanks!

ECC, we've been over this, I lost mine in a closet. Therefore you cannot have it, because I don't have it...

Uhhm. Your closet? Oh right, you mean the inter-dimensional soul trap and transport. Yeah, I own your soul already.

back to the thread:

-Barrel(chest)

--Crafting 4 wood, 4 copper(?)

--Why: Name of the thread bro. Name of thread.

Uhhm. Your closet? Oh right, you mean the inter-dimensional soul trap and transport. Yeah, I own your soul already.

oh, i always thought that my closet had an odd glow to it.

and now you know

any ideas for a better Barrel recipe? cause.. im not sure

I talked about this a few weeks ago in another thread, but i'll say it again here. If we add an item called "barrel hoops" that is forgeable, we could then do a recipe like this...

W=wood of any kind

H=barrel hoop

H H H

using different wood types could produce barrels of different colors.

Of course if we add barrels, we need to start thinking about brewing (i'm currently working on a post on the topic of brewing actually, look for it in the next few days, although, i may forget about it :P)

I talked about this a few weeks ago in another thread, but i'll say it again here. If we add an item called "barrel hoops" that is forgeable, we could then do a recipe like this...

W=wood of any kind

H=barrel hoop

H H H

using different wood types could produce barrels of different colors.

Of course if we add barrels, we need to start thinking about brewing (i'm currently working on a post on the topic of brewing actually, look for it in the next few days, although, i may forget about it :P)

nooooo, this is exactly why i am dissapointed by mojang, they add an iteem that has only one use, in this case for makiing barrels, instead make it a "metal strip" or something that could also be used in other recipies for different things

nooooo, this is exactly why i am dissapointed by mojang, they add an iteem that has only one use, in this case for makiing barrels, instead make it a "metal strip" or something that could also be used in other recipies for different things

sounds good to me, i think i could do a lot with metal strips, especially for decorating. I just said barrel hoops because i didn't think about making a multi-use item. :P

A few other possible uses I could think of for metal strips:

Trim- placed similar to weapon racks and behaves similarly except it is purely decorative

advanced windows- a window with a new texture that implies the use of metal strips as reinforcement, would be more visually appealing than just plain old glass. (this could also be a step forward in making stained glass possible)

Reinforced doors- a wooden door that has reinforcement in the form of metal bracing (made from 2 metal strips welded together). Maybe it could have a higher blast resistance and a longer break time, (could this be our iron door replacement?)

I always read the fine print*.

*by reading this you hereby consent and agree to forfeit any and all rights to any souls, spectres, effigies, ghasts, or other ephemeral thoughtform constructs, both acquired and natural, with full benefits thereof, to the author of this clause