Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ECC

Aesthetic blocks list

107 posts in this topic

I always read the fine print*.

*by reading this you hereby consent and agree to forfeit any and all rights to any souls, spectres, effigies, ghasts, or other ephemeral thoughtform constructs, both acquired and natural, with full benefits thereof, to the author of this clause

hah, your fine print doesnt apply here!

I always read the fine print*.

*by reading this you hereby consent and agree to forfeit any and all rights to any souls, spectres, effigies, ghasts, or other ephemeral thoughtform constructs, both acquired and natural, with full benefits thereof, to the author of this clause

Oh well. Too bad I never bother reading anything anymore, and make my computer read it out loud for me.

*Loophole*

shouldn't the cask be made before you make the metal? (two stage crafting. craft cask, craft hoop, combine using a hammer)

the cask is really just a bunch of wood planks, unless we wanted to add in the warping/bending of the wood. So I don't see a good reason to make it a 2 stage process. (actually come to think of it, it already is 2 stage, stage 1 is to make the metal strips, stage 2 is to combine them with planks in a crafting table.)

also a revised recipe i thought of when you said to combine them with a hammer.

W=planks

S=metal strips

H=hammer

S H S

the cask is really just a bunch of wood planks, unless we wanted to add in the warping/bending of the wood. So I don't see a good reason to make it a 2 stage process. (actually come to think of it, it already is 2 stage, stage 1 is to make the metal strips, stage 2 is to combine them with planks in a crafting table.)

also a revised recipe i thought of when you said to combine them with a hammer.

W=planks

S=metal strips

H=hammer

S H S

naahhh, i dont think shoving a hammer inbetween two metal strips is going to help upt a barrel together

maybe the rings would have to be hot, seeing as they were made to contract and pull the planks together

also, they would need some kind of sealant or pitch to make them water resistant, as most were

naahhh, i dont think shoving a hammer inbetween two metal strips is going to help upt a barrel together

maybe the rings would have to be hot, seeing as they were made to contract and pull the planks together

also, they would need some kind of sealant or pitch to make them water resistant, as most were

And they shouldn't be hot enough to ignite the wooden planks, don't you think? : i mean, it otherwise would be just a expensive way to make a fireplace...

the problem with that is that then the textures won't line up, that would just look silly.

I thought that if you make variations of texture of a certain ore, you usually make them in a way so they line up. Like how they do it on 2D games with slight variations of roads used together.

the hammer is there to hit the rings into place. when crafting a barrel in rl you dont just stick a hoop on, you make sure its going to stay there. With me saying that, I should say it now: metal hammers are only good in metal work. I want a wooden hammer :/

I said cask for ease of use. you make a cask at a work bench irl, but you fit the rings onto it off of it(that was my experience anyhow)

recipe in this case: 9 planks for cask. 2 hoops, 1 hammer, 1 cask for barrel.

Any arguments?

cask could be a peaceable item. decor and all :D

A few other possible uses I could think of for metal strips:

Some more uses would be:

You could be able to apply trim to armor and weapons as well.

For metal blocks (if that is implemented), you can trim the outside of the blocks.

Maybe trim could also be place-able in the world. Not just in the form of tool/weapon racks, but anywhere on the block.

Some more uses would be:

You could be able to apply trim to armor and weapons as well.

For metal blocks (if that is implemented), you can trim the outside of the blocks.

Maybe trim could also be place-able in the world. Not just in the form of tool/weapon racks, but anywhere on the block.

-Moulding (and the like)

-made from some configuration of planks (maybe saw?)

- I don't really see why not... and plus, it would add some awesome depth to interiors.

(I actually don't know Bioxx's or Dunk's position on "micro-blocks", but it seems like one of those things they could be against :/ )

1.) armor, sure. Weapons, I fail to see how that would work o.0

2-3.) so, redpower strips? That is sorta what i meant...

also, i just want to say something that popped into my mind.

- moulding (wood trim, and the like)

- some configuration of wood planks

- why? because it'd look great and add depth to the interiors of our houses

1.) armor, sure. Weapons, I fail to see how that would work o.0

2-3.) so, redpower strips? That is sorta what i meant...

also, i just want to say something that popped into my mind.

- moulding (wood trim, and the like)

- some configuration of wood planks

- why? because it'd look great and add depth to the interiors of our houses

Yeah, I kinda derped on the weapons. I dont really know how that would work either.

And I meant to make it not so "3D". After all, they are just strips of metal, not small bars.

And I agree to the other ideas you had with metal strips.

Molding and peaceable trim? Why not just remake redpower for that. No really, I would love the aesthetic possibilities from that.

Not sure if this is the right place, but really, give the saw the same functions as the chisel, but for wood.

Super simple, nothing new required, should just be copy and paste with minor adjustments. but SO MUCH BENEFIT!

Molding and peaceable trim? Why not just remake redpower for that. No really, I would love the aesthetic possibilities from that.

TFC would hopefully implement this better than RP2, and not on the crazy scale RP2 is on either. I mean, who tries to cut glass in half with a hand saw?

I would only support micro-blocks of metal and wood, and maaaybe wool. And only with a better crafting system, like forging for metal micro-blocks and carpentry for wood, not sure how to do wool.

I would only support micro-blocks of metal and wood, and maaaybe wool. And only with a better crafting system, like forging for metal micro-blocks and carpentry for wood, not sure how to do wool.

How you should make wool blocks? by taking a lot of wool and weave it into a block. How would you make microblocks? take not that much wool and weave it into the wished microblock.

How you should make wool blocks? by taking a lot of wool and weave it into a block. How would you make microblocks? take not that much wool and weave it into the wished microblock.

Add a Loom? Or crafting table

Here is a quick one. Metal doors.

You use plans and work 2 metalx2 sheet pieces for them.

Blastproof and zombieproof.

May or may not need levers/buttons/pressure plates to open/close (depends on what Bioxx has in mind for the vanilla redstone system).

Adds a decent amount of textures that can be modeled indepedently.

Now, take a look at my PIMPIN' GOLDEN GATES! XD

thread revived :D

also, I think I did add something like that to this post already.

May or may not need levers/buttons/pressure plates to open/close (depends on what Bioxx has in mind for the vanilla redstone system).

Like i said before... You don't really need something blast/Zombie proof. We don't have TNT, and both creepers and zombies will go to the underground crypts... So, why?

But granted, those doors look fucking awesome.

while i love the idea of having metal doors, they are rather impractical

maybe wooden doors that are reinforced with iron or steel?

they are rather impractical

Not that I like the idea, but... Why so?

Not that I like the idea, but... Why so?

Ever tried to open a completely metallic door which could weight more than you depending on the metal used?

Ever tried to open a completely metallic door which could weight more than you depending on the metal used?

Depends on the metal, gold would surelly be heavy, even so, it is not you that supports the weight, you just apply Torque. Meaning that if there is no friction with the ground (like how most doors are planned) then if a door weights 200kg you still can easily open it, given a good distance from the pivot.

Like i said before... You don't really need something blast/Zombie proof. We don't have TNT, and both creepers and zombies will go to the underground crypts... So, why?

But granted, those doors look fucking awesome.

Discussing the possible use merits of a decorative block is an exercise in futility in itself man. To give an example, why do we have close to twenty different textures for the same door recipe? Because we can, and because they fit with different plank or stone colors for building.

Having iron doors in the game would serve more or less the same.

We could argue that they might be useful for possible future versions of the game when saltpeper or sulphur could be used for gunpowder, or for occasions when you need to build sth close to a crypt, or just for expanding the mettalurgy aspect by themselves. But again, the main reason has to do with more textures ==> more creative options for players. Thats why I put the suggestion in the aesthetic blocks list after all...XD

aesthetics blocks list

I am sure you all know where this is going. This thread is to be dedicated to something mechanically pointless: Ascetics. Effectively, any item discussed here ALREADY EXISTS. The reason this thread is here however, is to have users(thats us) ask for a variation of something that exists so that we can pretty up our homes. This is essentially for adding to the creative mode aspect, something that TFC lacks.

Why this is not the metathread: Because organization. Some things in the metathread change the very mechanics of the game. Items in this WILL NOT.

Note:

If it emits light, Include

- The light level(1-15. For examples, see http://www.minecraft...emitting_blocks)

- If applicable, the side(s) of the item that produce the light

- is Toggleable?(by redstone.)

Make sure to include what existing block it functions as(IE a Cot would act like a Bed)

If it requires special crafting, DO NOT PUT IT HERE. Special crafting means you are not using an ordinary crafting bench for this.

If its not a block, DO NOT PUT IT HERE. This thread is dedicated to aesthetics, read the title of the topic for a better understanding.

If it explodes DO NOT PUT IT HERE. Do I need to explain this?

I think that covers it. Short and too the point. Now, lets begin.

Bedding:

-Cots(Bed equivalent.)

--Crafting: 3 wool and 2 sticks

--Why: Why not?

-Coloured beds

--Crafting: Unchanged except wool colour determines bed colour.

--Why: So many people ask for this. Might as well, its easy as hell to do.

-Fur pallet(bed equivalent)

--Crafting: 6 fur/hide lengthwise

--Why: It fits into the period and looks nice in your cave home.

Doors/gates:

-Wood type doors

--Crafting:6 'plank' However all wood used must be the same type.

--Why: Because I spent 5 hours looking for that kapok tree, I want my purple door.

-Reenforced doors(and types)(Vanilla Iron door equivalent)

--Crafting: 6 'Planks'

--Why: No real reason.

-Wooden gate variants

--Crafting:Unchanged, however requires wood specific items.(I believe there is support for stick variants in place, make those obtainable and this recipe would work)

--Why: Tittle of the thread, duh.

Lighting:

-Lamp(torch equivalent)

--Crafting:

--Why: Title of the thread, eh?

--Lighting: 14, Normal lighting effects. Not effected by redstone

--Extra: Can be 'hung' from ceiling.

-Candle(Torch equivalent)

--Crafting: 1 wax(pending item. I know its coming eventually) and 1 string.

--Why: Its useless, but still allows users to give the world some more atmosphere.

--Lighting: 8, Normal lighting effects, Not effected by redstone

Flora:

-Flower variety

--Crafting: none. Found in world.

--Why: No reason other then variety. Theres more to flowers then daisies and roses.

Storage:

-Thatch/Hay Blocks:

--Crafting: 4 reeds/wheat

--Why: I don't think the why is necessary on this thread

-Unrefined Ore Blocks(vanilla iron block equivalent)

--Crafting: 9 ore(full size)

--Why: Museums, additional pallet colours. (would look like ore that is NOT embedded in stone)

-Wood type Cabinets(Chest equivalent)

--Crafting: Same as chest but has a stick in middle. Wood type used determines colour. (placeholder until someone comes up with something better)

--Why: A kitchen/workshop should look like one, shouldn't it?

-Barrel(chest)

--Crafting 4 wood, 4 copper(?)

--Why: Name of the thread bro. Name of thread.

Other:

-Wood type Fence

--Crafting: sticks of the same type make a single type of fence.

--Why: Title of the thread bro

-Wood type Crafting bench

--Crafting: Unchanged, however if planks are all one type, a crafting bench of that colour is created.

--Why: I want a frikin green willow crafting bench

-Ice bricks

--Crafting: Ice+chisel

--Why: Inuits do/did it, and I do it every winter. Why not in game?

-Wool Carpeting(Vsnow equivalent)

--Crafting: three wool blocks lengthwise give 24 wool carpet of the colour used.

--Why: Name of the thread bro

-Hide/skin Rug(Vsnow Equivalent)

--Crafting: None. Obtained from mobs(as [MobName] Hide/Skin)

--Why: Because I want to line my floors with creeper skin just to show how badass I am.

I want all of these. ALL.