Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ECC

Aesthetic blocks list

107 posts in this topic

aesthetics blocks list

I am sure you all know where this is going. This thread is to be dedicated to something mechanically pointless: Ascetics. Effectively, any item discussed here ALREADY EXISTS. The reason this thread is here however, is to have users(thats us) ask for a variation of something that exists so that we can pretty up our homes. This is essentially for adding to the creative mode aspect, something that TFC lacks.

Why this is not the metathread: Because organization. Some things in the metathread change the very mechanics of the game. Items in this WILL NOT.

Note:

If it emits light, Include

- The light level(1-15. For examples, see http://www.minecraft...emitting_blocks)

- If applicable, the side(s) of the item that produce the light

- is Toggleable?(by redstone.)

Make sure to include what existing block it functions as(IE a Cot would act like a Bed)

If it requires special crafting, DO NOT PUT IT HERE. Special crafting means you are not using an ordinary crafting bench for this.

If its not a block, DO NOT PUT IT HERE. This thread is dedicated to aesthetics, read the title of the topic for a better understanding.

If it explodes DO NOT PUT IT HERE. Do I need to explain this?

I think that covers it. Short and too the point. Now, lets begin.

Bedding:

-Cots(Bed equivalent.)

--Crafting: 3 wool and 2 sticks

--Why: Why not?

-Coloured beds

--Crafting: Unchanged except wool colour determines bed colour.

--Why: So many people ask for this. Might as well, its easy as hell to do.

-Fur pallet(bed equivalent)

--Crafting: 6 fur/hide lengthwise

--Why: It fits into the period and looks nice in your cave home.

Doors/gates:

-Wood type doors Added!

--Crafting:6 'plank' However all wood used must be the same type.

--Why: Because I spent 5 hours looking for that kapok tree, I want my purple door.

-Reenforced doors(and types)(Vanilla Iron door equivalent)

--Crafting: 6 'Planks'

--Why: No real reason.

-Wooden gate variants

--Crafting:Unchanged, however requires wood specific items.(I believe there is support for stick variants in place, make those obtainable and this recipe would work)

--Why: Tittle of the thread, duh.

Lighting:

-Lamp(torch equivalent)

--Crafting:

--Why: Title of the thread, eh?

--Lighting: 14, Normal lighting effects. Not effected by redstone

--Extra: Can be 'hung' from ceiling.

-Candle(Torch equivalent)

--Crafting: 1 wax(pending item. I know its coming eventually) and 1 string.

--Why: Its useless, but still allows users to give the world some more atmosphere.

--Lighting: 8, Normal lighting effects, Not effected by redstone

Flora:

-Flower variety

--Crafting: none. Found in world.

--Why: No reason other then variety. Theres more to flowers then daisies and roses.

Storage:

-Thatch/Hay Blocks:

--Crafting: 4 reeds/wheat

--Why: I don't think the why is necessary on this thread

-Unrefined Ore Blocks(vanilla iron block equivalent)

--Crafting: 9 ore(full size)

--Why: Museums, additional pallet colours. (would look like ore that is NOT embedded in stone)

-Wood type Cabinets(Chest equivalent)

--Crafting: Same as chest but has a stick in middle. Wood type used determines colour. (placeholder until someone comes up with something better)

--Why: A kitchen/workshop should look like one, shouldn't it?

-Barrel(chest)

--Crafting: 4 wood, 4 copper(?)

--Why: Name of the thread bro. Name of thread.

-Wood type Shield rack(Tool Rack equivalant)

--Crafting: 6 plank 2 stick. 3 planks on top, 3 on bottom, sticks on the sides. Wood type determines colour

--Why: Because placing your coat of arms on your shield then mounting it over your fireplace is just badass. BADASS

Other:

-Wood type Fence

--Crafting: sticks of the same type make a single type of fence.

--Why: Title of the thread bro

-Wood type Crafting bench

--Crafting: Unchanged, however if planks are all one type, a crafting bench of that colour is created.

--Why: I want a frikin green willow crafting bench

-Ice bricks

--Crafting: Ice+chisel

--Why: Inuits do/did it, and I do it every winter. Why not in game?

-Wool Carpeting(Vsnow equivalent)

--Crafting: three wool blocks lengthwise give 24 wool carpet of the colour used.

--Why: Name of the thread bro

-Hide/skin Rug(Vsnow Equivalent)

--Crafting: None. Obtained from mobs(as [MobName] Hide/Skin)

--Why: Because I want to line my floors with creeper skin just to show how badass I am.

Edited by ECC

Thatch/Hay Blocks:

-crafting: 4 reeds/wheat

-why:i dont think the why is neccesary on this thread

The why was there just for arguments sake. Get it out of the thread before people even begin on it. I mean, mechanically speaking, Nothing in this should be any different then an existing item.

somehow... I did forget the hay/thatch. Added :)

I really suck at things like this... BUT:

Different kinds of crafting benchs

-Crafting: 4 planks blocks of the same type give a crafting bench of that kind.

-Why: I want a frikin green willow crafting bench

fk your green, My pink workbench is better!

added.

Metal Blocks

However it was finally determined in the Metal blocks thread.

because then we could make our statues look even more amazing

And thatch should require sticks also, it isn't just grass.

-Cupboards(Chest equvilant)

--Crafting: 2 vertical lines of planks

-Why:I don't want random chest floating in my kitchen

New Ore Textures; We need these because honestly the ores are extremely boring and methodical. There should be some differences. And a block at the edge of the vein should not look exactly the same as one in the center.

All those useless minerals should be used for mineral blocks. Why? Because MORE COLORS! :D

Colored Glass

Made with sand and ore (specific ore=specific color of glass) in a bloomery.

Why? We need moar colors.

On a similar topic, should ores be used as a dye alternative? I know minerals typically make a better dye than plant matter.

I wouldn't mind if we kept the organic-based dyes and just used them on textiles. And then everything else would be mineral based.

Mineral storage: Errm.. Yes I guess. Not sure about it, added anyhow.(added as 'Unrefined ore blocks')

Cabinets: Yes, for the simple fact of 'just cuz'

Thatch: Noted, however I ignored that as a fact to simplify it as a 'storage block'

Personal addition:

Other:

-Ice bricks

--Crafting: Ice+chisel

--Why: Inuits do/did it, and i do it every winter. Why not in game?

No:

metal blocks(its has its own thread.)

colored glass(it requires special crafting and as such needs to be discussed elsewhere. Also has its own thread if I remember)

Ores(can be done with texturepacks: connected textures mod/optifine. I dont know how to make the textures, but it can already be done)

hopefully no issues with my reasoning. Feel free to chew me out later for it though

Sorry it took a few hours to get back to you all. I was sleeping and checking a few other sites (:

Jeez, you should probably see a Doctor about your throat. That sounded TERRIBLE.

/joke

Yes, I know I practically redid the point of half your metathread. But organization ;P

More ideas:

Curtains

--Crafting: like a door but with string (can be dyed)

-Why: windows look funny without curtains

--Extra: Can be opened and closed

Rugs

Crafting:like a trapdoor but with string

Why: plain floors are boring

Tweaked, and added:

-Wool Carpeting(Vsnow equivalent)

--Crafting: three wool blocks lengthwise give 24 wool carpet of the colour used.

--Why: Name of the thread bro

-Hide/skin Rug(Vsnow Equivalent)

--Crafting: None. Obtained from mobs(as [MobName] Hide/Skin)

--Why: Because I want to line my floors with creeper skin just to show how badass I am.

No:

Curtains - Requires a mechanic that is not solved easily/effectively as a block. Better suited to be a entity similar to a painting. Metathread sounds like a better choice.(yes, I know all about doors and redstone. But when used this thing needs to be able to do a massive block update all across its self. Entities work better and cheaper for this. Again, if you have an issue, state it.

Ores(can be done with texturepacks: connected textures mod/optifine. I dont know how to make the textures, but it can already be done)

Just a question here are you sure that they ore textures like that can be done with a texture pack I'm not talking about just a change in texture I'm also talking about random variations in texture. So that one ore next to another block of the same type won't look exactly the same. I suppose this belongs in the metathread though.

So that one ore next to another block of the same type won't look exactly the same. I suppose this belongs in the metathread though.

the problem with that is that then the textures won't line up, that would just look silly.

I believe, and dont quote me on this, you can make randomization on center blocks only. In any case, ores like what you want would fit better in the metathread.

I want custom statuettes from various materials that retain their form when "unplaced" into an item but completely broken and gone if broken.

Posted Image

yeeeeesssssss

My idea:

Metal Storage Blocks

Crafting: (Not really Crafting) You place an ingot on the ground and its kind of like a log pile, except for ingots (I know the OP said if its special crafting don't put it, but this is'nt even crafting so...)

Why: Black Bronze Floors.

My idea:

Metal Storage Blocks

Crafting: (Not really Crafting) You place an ingot on the ground and its kind of like a log pile, except for ingots (I know the OP said if its special crafting don't put it, but this is'nt even crafting so...)

Why: Black Bronze Floors.

Only floors? I want a freakin complete house out of that!

Though, they are somewhat confirmed ._. so yeah, not worth placing them here...

Only floors? I want a freakin complete house out of that!

Though, they are somewhat confirmed ._. so yeah, not worth placing them here...

Agreed! and really? I didn't know they were confirmed! Sory for posting then.

BTW, I really like the post idea so I'll be thinking for new ideas!