Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ECC

Aesthetic blocks list

107 posts in this topic

I want all of these. ALL.

We won't be getting it any time soon (though it will eventually be there) anyways, right? :

Sometimes I question weather a like means someting more then a like.. Perhaps a yes or no? lol

Sometimes I question weather a like means someting more then a like.. Perhaps a yes or no? lol

I can assure you, in the case of my previous post, that was a yes.

This isn't Reddit, your 'like's don't mean more than 'I like' and doesn't affect how far the inevitable derail is going.

speaking of derails, im derailing the derail here: I know I made this thread and all and should know the answer to this, but would the ability to place items(like a pickaxe) anywhere on the ground as a block be considered a new function? Or recycling a new one? I want to feel badass by leaving a full sized steel sword at my door ready to be picked up and swung when someone knocks.

it would function by allowing the tool to be crafted by its self. this turns it into a block that can be placed like a log(sits against face you place it on) and when needed to be retrieved can be right clicked to be picked up. I assume this all could be for the most part done using existing code, though some actual work may be needed, something I am trying to avoid for things in this thread.

benefits of peaceable tools: Unique, appealing storage method, Intuitive placement, and functional

also, crossing off doors in the list because apparently they were added recently

speaking of derails, im derailing the derail here:

yo dawg, i head you like derailed threads....

I'd like gem blocks, not necessarily craftable back into gems, which would be how to do it if you can combine gems of varying quality to make one. I wouldn't be opposed to making separate blocks for all the different quality ones either.

I'd like gem blocks, not necessarily craftable back into gems, which would be how to do it if you can combine gems of varying quality to make one. I wouldn't be opposed to making separate blocks for all the different quality ones either.

Geodes would be more accurate, although combining gems to get a gem block or a geode would feel like a god-like thing to do...

wasnt there a thread on embedding gems in the world? and a post on making piles of gems, gold and other shiz? lol.

yeah, but the piles were mainly a storage solution, I'm talking about jade walls.

We need colored beds like the texture files suggest. we also need placeable gems and ingots like some threads have said.

remember, anything here would necessarily require the workbench ONLY to craft. I cant think of a TFC method to craft a jade wall. lol

ignore my jade statement. iirc jade is a rare-ish rock type and does not require construction.

anyhow, this is a necrobump because this topic could use some expansion and plus it fell to the bottom faster then it should have :(

that and threads that are supposed to be fore organization should never die. Sticky maybe?

We need colored beds like the texture files suggest. we also need placeable gems and ingots like some threads have said.

This, and stackable ingot piles, placeable item piles, and placeable tools. Also, placeable-in-the world gems.

And, of course, placeable "carpet" mob skins.

These are just the ideas I wanted to bring back. (and the ideas I want most) And you double posted.

ECC, for the crime of doubleposting to bump your own thread, you are sentenced to fall into the pit of the rancor. Twice. Being pushed by Leonidas. And some other movies or series reference shall be involved as well, but i have yet to came up with it.

And for not making this post useless... Err... :| *stands there, in silence, not knowing what to say*

Will update thread later with that mob skin thing and placable everything. not atm though, got to babysit. Like this post or just make a new post so it notifies me and I'll remember to not be lazy about this.

*notification post*

Also, colored beds. :)

About flowers.

Is it possible to have them follow the same seasonal... thingy maginy that the fruit trees under go? like, during spring they'll be a green knob, during summer they'll be a flower. and i guess fall would be a transition state between green and alive, and a hunched over yellow flower carcass.

it differs a lot between various kinds of flowers of course but i'd prefer to keep it simple and have all sorts of flowers (if there's ever a sudden influx of new plants) change state "kinda" at the same time.

I've always loved the seasons part of tfc and would love to see more things added to that part. such as seasonal flowers.

About flowers.

Is it possible to have them follow the same seasonal... thingy maginy that the fruit trees under go? like, during spring they'll be a green knob, during summer they'll be a flower. and i guess fall would be a transition state between green and alive, and a hunched over yellow flower carcass.

it differs a lot between various kinds of flowers of course but i'd prefer to keep it simple and have all sorts of flowers (if there's ever a sudden influx of new plants) change state "kinda" at the same time.

I've always loved the seasons part of tfc and would love to see more things added to that part. such as seasonal flowers.

Yes, I would like this as well. Grass should change as well, if it is possible. EDIT: 200 posts for you.

Yes, I would like this as well. Grass should change as well, if it is possible. EDIT: 200 posts for you.

i think the grass do that actually. during winter it takes on the colour of the grass you'd find in a snow biome and as you get closer to summer it changes colour to a greener tone.

i think.

i think the grass do that actually. during winter it takes on the colour of the grass you'd find in a snow biome and as you get closer to summer it changes colour to a greener tone.

i think.

Yes it does.

'colored beds'

read the OP. I ninja'd you on that when I first made this topic

'~Flower and grass stuff~'

Make a new topic on seasonal changes. this thread is about blocks, crafting them via the crafting table, and making your house pretty. Its not about world induced ambiance. Im being strict with this rule in this thread because organization and everything in this topic I could code if I bothered to get off my ass as EVERYTHING in it is almost entirely Copy-paste from existing code. the most work that comes from anything in this thread is sprite work and making sure the cheaty copy-paste method didn't fuck anything up. Aka, Tweaking the code so it works

I'm editing the post to include hide carpets. Maybe. I might have already had that there.

'~Flower and grass stuff~'

Make a new topic on seasonal changes. this thread is about blocks,

There was a short mention of flowers in the OP. i gave some input on that.

having flowers change looks like leaves on trees and fruit trees would to me have no further functions than being purely aesthetical.

yes, those are something that would be added to generation. new flowers. has nothing to do with how they function.

yes, those are something that would be added to generation. new flowers. has nothing to do with how they function.

What i'm saying is flowers that live and die with the seasons would have aesthetical value!