Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kandid Kandace

Redstone (And How It Should Work)

95 posts in this topic

It seems that redstone is kind of useless at the moment because of the lack of items affected by redstone. I don't know the plan for redstone, but if there is none here's mine;

Redstone on itself will travel 15 blocks. Stepping on it will break it and have a chance of damaging the player if it's turned on.

In order for redstone to be more efficient, you need to encase it in copper. You anvil up a copper ingot into a copper casing (When doing so, it crafts 64 instead of just one) and you can combine the casing with redstone to make "Copper Wire". The wire will not break when stepped on and can travel up walls and such.

Pistons, dispensers, etc will be made with distinct copper parts. For instance, to make a piston you would need to first make a piston arm, which is blacksmithed with copper and would make 16 items at a time. Similarly dispensers would be made with "Copper Dispensers", Noteblocks would be made with "Copper Instrument" (You could make various instruments out of copper and use them to make different noteblocks), etc.

I don't know, really I just want redstone in TFC to work because I loves der redstone.

This has been discussed so many times it hurts.

please check to see if the thread already exists before making a new one

Let me be the first, REDSTONE SHOULD NEVER BE CHANGED.

Added to, yes, changed functionality wise, HELL EFFING NO.

Copper parts does not make sense. Copper is known for it malleability and conductivity not it rigidity. I dont wnat the piston arm getting bent because i used copper.

Actually, I like this. But maybe instead of copper parts they can be iron parts...

Actually, I like this. But maybe instead of copper parts they can be iron parts...

Exactly, or gold or silver, because they're both good conductors. If you want copper for your pistons you can apply some iron reinforcements. And it will never getting bend again.

Redstone is not electric. its a pulse of low energy. and copper can't insulate it...... rubber insulates copper....a conductive metal cant be used as a covering agent believe me I love red stone but Its fine the way it is to me but I would not want pistons because that just dosnt make sense to me... :P

Its properties are that of kinetics, light, and electron. from veiwing how it acts, I can assume its this. It carries a current(in turn current is turned into kinetic energy), kinetics transfer and amplification(levers, buttons, etc) are magnified(lever pulse powers a piston carrying 12 cubic blocks (1m^3) of gold). and produces light(Dont need to explain, open your eyes)

sooo... yes, redstone deals with electron currents, however due to its other properties only the kinetics and binary in/output is viewed. Electron transfer is assumed to be the transfer between the particles as other explanations do not quite fit.

this post is a bit disorganized... I think weird.

The others may be fooled, but I see you for who you really are, Eloraam

Pretty sneaky sis

Oh you got me.

/lolnotrealy

Oh you got me.

/lolnotrealy

...not you, you dope... the OP.

If I'd meant you I'd have quoted your post >_<

Derp moment, assumptions based on knowledge presented in thread. lol

Its properties are that of kinetics, light, and electron. from veiwing how it acts, I can assume its this. It carries a current(in turn current is turned into kinetic energy), kinetics transfer and amplification(levers, buttons, etc) are magnified(lever pulse powers a piston carrying 12 cubic blocks (1m^3) of gold). and produces light(Dont need to explain, open your eyes)

sooo... yes, redstone deals with electron currents, however due to its other properties only the kinetics and binary in/output is viewed. Electron transfer is assumed to be the transfer between the particles as other explanations do not quite fit.

this post is a bit disorganized... I think weird.

But doesn't all this make redstone a bad conductor because it's light dust?

But doesn't all this make redstone a bad conductor because it's light dust.

I guess that's why it's energy is lost after only 15 meters, and why it gives "weak power" -according to the MC wiki- :

I guess that's why it's energy is lost after only 15 meters, and why it gives "weak power" -according to the MC wiki- :

We need something better if Bioxx wants to re introduce the redstone...Seriously, the normal redstone can be used for primitive circuits, but for example copper or iron must be used for these things, not some old dust.

The others may be fooled, but I see you for who you really are, Eloraam

Pretty sneaky sis

Are you saying the op is not who it claims to be? O.o who is Eloraam?

Posted Image

my response to this post

if you expect me to believe you've never heard of the redpower mod, you either live in a TerraFirmaCave, or you're trollin'

What about the redstone suggestion I made the one that tried to be confusing enough for people to stop asking questions. We definitely do need a new signalling system though on top of redstone which is the point.

It would be nice if some primitive electrical stuff were added.

There could be early mechanical things (water wheels, windmills, etc.), then later, you could replace these with primitive electrical things, like lights, electrical industry things, etc.

The best I see us getting anytime soon is a gear system. With an electrical system will have to wait until our other gameplay mechanics reach that point so it may be a while considering the amount of mechanics we have and have been told to be adding.

It would be nice if some primitive electrical stuff were added.

There could be early mechanical things (water wheels, windmills, etc.), then later, you could replace these with primitive electrical things, like lights, electrical industry things, etc.

eyeahhh...primitive and electrical systems are not really things you would put in the same sentence

electricity is well outside our timeframe

but i do agree with name changey Mgee up there, kinetic energy instead of electrical would be nice

oh and one thing -steam power-

Bioxx hates redstone.

Bioxx hates redstone.

Why? I don't like it, but I don't hate it. Why he HATES redstone? :huh:

Well, at least he is not making minecraft itself... i can always make another instance in multimc, install redpower and go mad with my redstone stuff :3 I'm in TFC for surviving, not precisely for the redstone...

Bioxx hates redstone.

I understood this and that is why I wanted to debuff it so horribly. (find my thread if you want more info I'm too lazy to dig it up). To the point where it doesn't have very much use but is still there more or less as people remember it, the only difference now is the pieces would need frequent replacing, making it a very illogical use for a large machines. Why remove it when we could just ignore it? The more features the better.