Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Androyed

The "you won't believe what happened to me today" thread

10 posts in this topic

Some (Minecraft) days are pretty dull. You wake up. You hit some wood

(no pun intended). You mine some ores. Might be very productive, but

not always fun. One of the reasons why I love Minecraft though, is

that there can always happen something unpredictable. Certainly with

TFC, "no game is the same" is true. In this thread you can post your

awesome (short) story, of something fun/scary/interesting that

happened to you (in TFC, obviously). Maybe we can collect the stories

:)

Let me start off:

First of all, you need to know about two mods that I'm using. They

make the game scary as hell (in my opinion). One is Gammabright. Most

people use this mod to make the game brighter. I do the opposite. In

my opinion, it should be so dark that you can't see ANYTHING in a

cave. Try it yourself. Go stand in an area without light, and just

look around. Can you see silhouettes of different kind of rocks? Turn

down the brightness. When you can't see any difference between looking

north, south, west, east, up or down, your brightness is low enough.

My monitor is too bright, so I have to use Gammabright. The brightness

of MC itself is at moody, and with Gammabright I turned it down to

-50%. This also makes nighttime more interesting. You can see the sky

and stars, and you can see the silhouettes of trees in the distance,

but you won't be able to see the ground. Anyway, because this makes

the world so dark, I also needed another mod: Dynamic Light, Not every

PC can run this. With Optifine I run it pretty well, but I have some

lag drops every once in a while. The mod is awesome though. You can

even throw torches and they will emit light!

I lost all my savegames, so I am just beginning with a new game. I've

spawned in a pretty interesting area, with a cave that has two

entrances at the surface. They both lead to the same area, but one

passage ends a little too high. At first I only knew about that

passage. Because of the darkness, I couldn't see what was down there

at the end of the passage. I threw down a torch, but that didn't

really help. I heard skeletons, zombies and spiders, so jumping down

was out of the question. How would I get back up? So I let the cave

be. After a few days, I discovered another passage, not far from my

house. It lead to the same area, but this time I didn't have to jump

down. I was still afraid to go in though, because it was pretty big

and there were skeletons everywhere. If you can't see the other side

of the cave because of the darkness, it is really scary to go in.

Dynamic Lights helps, but you can only see a few blocks ahead when

holding a torch. Anyway, I decided to investigate a little more, when

I saw a creeper. I managed to jump away in time, but there was one

thing I forgot about; cave-ins. Oh, and the fact that I put them on

100% in the config. Not surprisingly, the whole passsage collapsed.

Not on me, luckily, but it took down the torches I placed and left me

in the dark. I quickly selected the torch in my hotbar, and wanted to

go back, when I realized that I had a problem: how was I going to get

back if the passage was blocked? As if that wasn't bad enough, two

skeletons decided to hunt me down. I ran to the blocked passage, and

luckily I found an exit.

I am going back to investigate the cave further. I heard that surface

caves are pretty rare. Do you usually find ore in them? I found some

bismuthine in my sluices. Maybe there is some in the caves.

For some reason, while reading this i thought that, eventually, Herobrine would jump in the story :. I will write something here if i ever have to tell something :3

For some reason, while reading this i thought that, eventually, Herobrine would jump in the story :. I will write something here if i ever have to tell something :3

Well, you know about the brightness mods I use. It's scarier than Herobrine, believe me. :)

But, how would it be if you combine the Herobrine mod with those two...?

Herobrine + you with a torch + a sequoia forest + nightime + you have to find 8 written books = TFC's version of Slender O_o

But, how would it be if you combine the Herobrine mod with those two...?

Herobrine + you with a torch + a sequoia forest + nightime + you have to find 8 written books = TFC's version of Slender O_o

Wow LOL. someone should make an adventure map of that.

Wow LOL. someone should make an adventure map of that.

I'm.... not sure if the Herobrine mod works with TFC ._. so it would be hard to do...

But eventually, i think i could try and do it myself :3

while playing on a LAN server with my friend Ty we found a ravine that was exposed in the side of a large dark over hang.

we began our decent into the dark passage way and found a large cave in blocking our path. as we had some tnt with us we desided to unblock the tunnel the quickest way we knew how.

the explosion left a large crator behind and we thought all was safe. as ty walked forward he vanished! i looked down to find a vertical shaft that after counting went 90 blocks down into the earth. ty seid he couldn't see anything and was trying to figure out why he was not dead after the solid free fall. i jumped after him and crashed into a large water filled ravine. ty had missed the ravine and yet he was still alive with full health ??!

we followed the river for around 1000 blocks and found a massive silver gold vein !!!!

as we began to mine anouther friend appeared in the world. he was extatic at what we had found and was about to follow us to the new mine when the biggest cave in i have ever seen occourd. ty died instantly and i was almost killed with only one half heart remaining. i put tys and my items in a chest and commited suicide.

my group of 12 ran back to the spot where the cave had been and tried to reenter the massive cave network but to no avail

later i went into mcedit and examined the area where the cave had been only to find that almost the hole cave length had collaped.

while playing on a LAN server with my friend Ty we found a ravine that was exposed in the side of a large dark over hang.

we began our decent into the dark passage way and found a large cave in blocking our path. as we had some tnt with us we desided to unblock the tunnel the quickest way we knew how.

the explosion left a large crator behind and we thought all was safe. as ty walked forward he vanished! i looked down to find a vertical shaft that after counting went 90 blocks down into the earth. ty seid he couldn't see anything and was trying to figure out why he was not dead after the solid free fall. i jumped after him and crashed into a large water filled ravine. ty had missed the ravine and yet he was still alive with full health ??!

we followed the river for around 1000 blocks and found a massive silver gold vein !!!!

as we began to mine anouther friend appeared in the world. he was extatic at what we had found and was about to follow us to the new mine when the biggest cave in i have ever seen occourd. ty died instantly and i was almost killed with only one half heart remaining. i put tys and my items in a chest and commited suicide.

my group of 12 ran back to the spot where the cave had been and tried to reenter the massive cave network but to no avail

later i went into mcedit and examined the area where the cave had been only to find that almost the hole cave length had collaped.

Damn, that sounds epic, but also a bit tragic, since you lost all your stuff. And got cut off from a nice ore vein.

Finally gathered enough ore in my new 1.4.2 world to go about making my first pick. One problem - no clay. I'd hunted around my local rivers, not a bit to be found. So I gathered up my meals and miscelaneous foods, chucked 'em in my bacpack (I consider that mod almost essential alongside TFC http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1492661-142-backpacks-v-114/ ) and headed out.

I walked all day long, headed north, and at night I would make an outpost with crafting table, bed, and firepit. For weeks I traveled like this, once or twice in circles. Seeing amazing natural skyscrapers, stumbling on even more ore, new types of trees, all sorts of goodies. But getting more and more frustrated at the lack of clay. I went 1500m north, without a single scrap of clay to be found. Two-three weeks had passed, and I was spent.

One morning I hightailed it out of my current outpost, picking up some rocks and sticks along the way for a spear or two to fight off the left over mobs from the previous night. Suddenly HISSSSSSS BOOM. Sneaky Creeper. No biggie, I started gathering up the dirt he'd exploded... when three more came out from behind the nearby tree. I panicked and ran. I heard one explode behind me just as I jumped in the nearest pond. All three went then.

I turned around and there, in the hole they'd made, was a whole load of clay. I don't think I'll ever be so thankful to Creepers.

Day 1

To my delight the climate here is temperate, and the Sycamore grow tall. Not far from the place where I awakened, there is a small cliff leading down to the ocean shore. As I hastily gathered some useful stones off the ground and pulled hearty sticks from among the nearby copse, I was elated to discover an abundant growth of Hickory on the far end. I immediately set to work knapping a stone into, as far as I could tell, something resembling a simple axe head. After taking a few healthy cuttings from the Hickory tree I got to work on the base of the trunk and an hour or so later was rewarded with a bounty of Hickory logs.

It was at this time that I realized that I would soon require food, and as the late afternoon crept in from the east, it brought thoughts of a comfortable night's rest. I'll be damned if I'll sleep on anything less than the most luxurious accommodations, so I quickly lashed a knife together and murdered the fist 3 sheep I could find... They looked comfortable. I was far more considerate when it came time to find food. I simply gathered a few eggs from wild chickens as I do not wish for my food supply to die out completely.

It was a good day, despite being lost in the middle of nowhere, and lying at the foot of the ocean-side cliff, sleep came easily.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0