Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Mortimier

What am I doing wrong!!!

10 posts in this topic

I dont seem to be able to find clay. Anywhere. I'm looking all around near water, and there is none in sight. It is necessary for metallurgy, so can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Well, it's normally found by rivers, and there is normally an abundance of clay to be found in swampy areas. Also Clay can be covered by grass along the shorelines, so you might have ran over it without even noticing. So just be vigilant, maybe checking the soil along rivers, or as I like to suggest, you could always try posting your seed (and probably ur cords), and maybe someone with some time, could locate one for you.

If nothing else, just keep looking and good luck.

Also If you've just never seen how they spawn, here's an example, plus a link to several more.

Posted Image

Album here

It is necessary for metallurgy

obvious statement is obvious...

It can be difficult to find, and sometimes spawns completely covered by grass.

Try and just dig out random blockss near the shore of an ocean. That is how I found 5 megatons of it.

Have fun making other things while you don't see it, then, when you see a good deposit, start thinking about gathering clay.

When you eventually do find it, almost everytime it's gonna supply you with a shit ton of clay!

I shit you not son, i found a clay site which in the end yielded me with one and a half doublechest full of clay!

Clay doesn't only spawn in or near water, I've found massive accumulations of it in the middle of a field or valley near a mountain with mo water in sight. Its just that grass grows on clay so that it is sometimes well hidden.

Clay doesn't only spawn in or near water, I've found massive accumulations of it in the middle of a field or valley near a mountain with mo water in sight. Its just that grass grows on clay so that it is sometimes well hidden.

Well you see, that valley or field used to be the bed of a river or lake! lol

I found my clay but it was under water just 1 block and the top was covered with grass so it was hard to see.. I made a boat and peddled along the shore line for 10 min..then i found clay..118 pieces