Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kimbblesrath

Does Dunk know Bioxx in real life?

28 posts in this topic

Of course he doe... Them probably... Maybe... Erhm...

... Bioxx is from USA, and Dunk from Canada if i recall correctly... Right?

So, my guess is they don't :

Of course he doe... Them probably... Maybe... Erhm...

... Bioxx is from USA, and Dunk from Canada if i recall correctly... Right?

So, my guess is they don't :

Ahh. I see.

but maybe they do...

Maybe yes, maybe not, until they tell us we won't know ._. Though i'm not sure if they even know this thread exists

I do now .____.

To clear this up, I shall now tell you the magical tale of TerraFirmaCraft:

My story begins about 15 months ago, before I even knew java, but played minecraft. I spent hours looking through the minecraft forums trying to find a mod that lived up to the standards set in my own mind and by the geology course I took the previous year. I found two before this, but their creators either got bored and left or had different ideas about what geology was or anything related to gameplay balance. I was doing some work for ExtraBiomes around last january (after I learned java) but was rudely dismissed (even though they wound up using my ideas like 3 months later -____-). Towards mid to the end of january, I happened across a thread called "TerraFirmaCraft: Early Alpha!!!" or something like that. It had very few views and I think the forum thread only had like 3 pages. I started talking avidly, my heart was racing, I thought I had found the perfect mod. The more I read, the more I liked. I contacted bioxx as soon as I could and showed him some screen shots of some trees I had done for extrabiomes. He really liked them and admitted that he was having no luck with making his own trees, so he welcomed me onto the team.

I think around mid february, there was a lot of talk between Bioxx, myself and marcopolo and a few others about joining forces to make a super mod, which would dwarf all others. We talked through concept and strategy and game play, and things were going really well. As the weeks went by, schisms and divides started growing between us, and Bioxx decided he didn't want to follow all of the rules and guidelines the team set out for us. He decided to leave. I stuck around for a little bit, but I was only really a sidekick to Bioxx at the time, so I quickly followed him out. We returned to a team of two. I designed a few trees and learned a lot more about game structure from Bioxx. Sometime between when I joined and we left the other mod team, an artist named BreatheSleep contacted us, offering his services for textures which were actually really good. Our team of two soon became 3, but things were mostly quiet. Developent slowed and I was almost afraid it had stopped until one day Bioxx stuck his head up and released Beta 1 build 1, taking us out of alpha and putting us on the map. After that, the mod started getting a lot more attention. I approached bioxx and talked to him about working on animals for the game as I already had a very deep understanding of animal behaviour and life. I told him I could make mobs look more articulated and less blocky, which he seemed happy about. This was about the time that I was recognized as a full game dev. Since then a lot has happened, we've had various people help out, mostly crysyn and marcopolo and we got a new artist due to some irl problems Breathe was having (although I haven't seen rogue in a while either). Bioxx really doesn't like working with others unless they don't interfere with his code, which is why I am on the team: I work on animals nearly exclusively and I know when to stop pushing my opinion. Just because I don't code other things YET doesn't mean I don't have a say though, Bioxx and I discuss many possible game features at length, weighing gameplay and believability.

The one developer became a duo, and the duo became part of a team of 2 devs and 2 artists, (plus the 1500+ community members :) [this does NOT mean you can make demands related to game play changes or anything of the sort though. You're loved, but closer to how you love the family dog]).

So no, I don't know Bioxx in real life, mostly because he lives around Boston and I live in Canada, but we've done voice chat before and we occasionally discuss our personal lives

There you have your answer, Kimbblesrath. An epic answer.

I still wonder when and how did Bioxx started the mod... I guess that's a story for another day :P

Oh, and...

You're loved, but closer to how you love the family dog

Even TheWolf277? woof :3

Oh, and...

Even TheWolf277? woof :3

OHHHH wtf...

However very touching story. This is the story that a mod must have.

You guys should consider music additions. That maybe totally sounds like a demand, but it's not. This is the most epic mod I have ever used. It deserves an auditory component to round out the sensory experience. I'd offer but I have trouble translating the sounds and images in my head into real world things. I'm working with paint but sound is a long way off. There are good people out there though.

-snip-

Wow. Just wow. That was the most awesome answer that I could get! It was a good story too.

So no, I don't know Bioxx in real life, mostly because he lives around Boston

Wow, Bioxx and I live nearby each other, I should pop by for visit :P (not really, that would be weird :/ )

Wow, Bioxx and I live nearby each other, I should pop by for visit :P (not really, that would be weird :/ )

Yeah, "Let's call the police and get the f+ck outta here" wierd :

Yeah, "Let's call the police and get the f+ck outta here" wierd :

yup, the cops already want me for mistreatment of the local ghost, so that course of action would not be in my best interest.

yup, the cops already want me for mistreatment of the local ghost, so that course of action would not be in my best interest.

Your avi seems to be broken ._.

Your avi seems to be broken ._.

fixed it :P

The pic I was trying to use didn't work for some reason.

fixed it :P

The pic I was trying to use didn't work for some reason.

YEah, i kind of figured out...

Though, now that i think about it, why is Sherlock Holmes digging holes in Eternal's backyard? you gotta be suspicious for him to actively look for a body in your backyard like that... :

YEah, i kind of figured out...

Though, now that i think about it, why is Sherlock Holmes digging holes in Eternal's backyard? you gotta be suspicious for him to actively look for a body in your backyard like that... :

Eternal is a rather suspicious character, I don't like his orange glasses, and the fact that he is a dragon, you can NEVER trust a dragon.

Eternal is a rather suspicious character, I don't like his orange glasses, and the fact that he is a dragon, you can NEVER trust a dragon.

ahahah orange glasses...

But also Trey is a dragon , set on fire. So, when he will post his age, I can't trust him. Is this your theory, your chaos theory?

ahahah orange glasses...

But also Trey is a dragon , set on fire. So, when he will post his age, I can't trust him. Is this your theory, your chaos theory?

I don't trust trey either, because he's a dragon and a farmer, you can also never trust a farmer.

I don't trust trey either, because he's a dragon and a farmer, you can also never trust a farmer.

But, are you Robert Downey Jr or the real Sherlock Holmes.

But, are you Robert Downey Jr or the real Sherlock Holmes.

I'm going for mainly classic old-timely Holmes with a bit of The new BBC Sherlock, and just a tad of RDJ.

I'm going for mainly classic old-timely Holmes with a bit of The new BBC Sherlock, and just a tad of RDJ.

Buuut I have your pipe...I want to sell it for 500.00$

Buuut I have your pipe...I want to sell it for 500.00$

Thieving urchin! I shall sleuth you into oblivion if you do not return that within the hour!

I seem to be finding more and more threads that are turning into a Sherlock Holmes roleplay...