Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kissaki

How to make glas in a fire pit? How does ore look like?

27 posts in this topic

Hi,

because i'm still not able to find any stone for a forge, i tried to make glas for my home.

I made a fire pit in the center of 3x3 section.

I put in some logs and now... temperature stuck on drak red****

I'm running the pit for quite a time now and still stuck.. is it possible to make glas in a fire pit? In the wiki, it should be possible.

Do i need some special wood or other ingrediences?

My second question is, how does ore veins look like?

All the ore i've corrently got is from little stone bricks on the ground... it would be nice to know for what should i look for.

I'm pretty sure you need something hotter than a campfire to make glass.

Ores can be found in the little rocks on the ground like you said. It's pretty much just guess work which little rocks contain ores. Keep in mind that rocks that contain ores are usually situated by other rocks that contain ores. To get actual veins of ore, you'll need to start mining underground with a pickaxe. Look here for a guide on how to find the veins of ore.

The glass can not be made in a firepit, a forge is needed instead. And ore veins look something like this:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120529172529/tfcraft/images/thumb/3/39/Cassiterite.png/350px-Cassiterite.png

-what i mean is, the blocks look like that-

They are generally giant sized, once you found one you are generally set for life in that metal, but they are quite rare and it is even rarer to find an ore vein exposed to air, so you need the prospector pick to find them.

The glass can not be made in a firepit, a forge is needed instead.

Wrong, you can make glass in a firepit. It has to be pretty intensely stoked with bellows, though.

:1 i was talking about the firepit alone, not with bellows.

Your saying you cant find stone for a forge but i dont understand do you have a pick axe.... your first forge could be just mine a central block in a 3x3 area of stone or you can make the forge using stone bricks (brick are obtained by placing a chisel and a rock in your crafting table. Even with a forge, glass takes a long time to be made

Oh, yeah, thanks for pointing that out Cidd. The forge can be made with any stone block sorrounding it, no matter if it's a brick, smooth, raw or cobblestone. It doesn't even matters if they are not the same kind of rock.

Just use your cobblestone (rocks) to make a forge. no stone require!

I dont have a pickaxe so far..

I have some cobblestone from that exploding green monsters.. i lured them to granite blocks in hope i would get raw stone blocks for an anvil.. but got only a few cobblestone.

Yesterday night i found a stone that can be used as stone :)

Its a bit far away from my house and the spawnpoint, but i placed an outpost there.

The bellow worked for the firepit, now my outpost has windows made of glas instead of... air.

So now i can hopefully try to make my first pickaxe :)

Kissaki, those loose stones that you can find anywhere, in the ground, and break with your hand? you can place them, and it will place cobblestone. Just a placeholder for the construction update, don't worry :P it will make sense later.

cobblestone blocks still exist, but you can only obtain them from explosions near rock.

And it is really rare to obtain raw rocks due to explosions ._. for it you have to break every block touching the raw stone you want to collect, when nothing toucjhes it the stone will drop as a raw stone block.

note: "raw stone block" is a name we use in the forums to avoid confusion between this and other stone types, it's name will be "-insert the rock name here-". "granite", "dolomite", "limestone", or whatever stone you have near to collect.

Also, Kissaki, You can only make a stone anvil with a naturally spawned stone block, not a "granite" (or other igneous extrusive stone) that you placed. And...

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!

Also, Kissaki, You can only make a stone anvil with a naturally spawned stone block, not a "granite" (or other igneous extrusive stone) that you placed. And...

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!

wrong, that was in previous versions. You can take a raw rock block and place it by your metallurgy area, then right click with the hammer to get an anvil.

wrong, that was in previous versions. You can take a raw rock block and place it by your metallurgy area, then right click with the hammer to get an anvil.

Yes, but it was hard for me to find a stone type that can be used as an anvil.

Fortunately, after i used all my metal i gathered so far, i could make my first pickaxe and prospectors pick. And after digging a lot at a place i found some native copper, i got a copper vein and prospectors pick says verry large... kind of happy now :)

*Edit*

Another question: i just build my forge and, somehow, i cant put my native copper in the forge.. i can put it in the firepit but not in the forge.. is there a reason why that didn't work?

Really? Ok. I must have missed that on the change logs. Sorry for misinfo.

*Edit*

Another question: i just build my forge and, somehow, i cant put my native copper in the forge.. i can put it in the firepit but not in the forge.. is there a reason why that didn't work?

you can't smelt in a forge, you either need a bloomery (smelting fireplace pretty much, look it up) or a firepit with bellows. Also, don't forget to use clay molds.

Ah thanks, it worked with the bloomery.. so how do i get a copper anvil?

I've made some copper now, but i dont know how to make this double ingot.

*edit*

So now i'm confused.. i put my copper ingot on the stone anvil with the plan for a pickaxe head.. and nothing happend?

Can't i made a copper pickaxe on a stone anvil?

How can i build the copper anvil?

the stone anvil will only allow you to make copper ingots, not tools. You need to make a copper anvil.

It's simple, really:

1) heat two copper ingots until the point before they melt -or melt them, then let them cool down-.

2) place them in those two slots below the ones you place them to forge the bars.

3) place some flux in the corresponding slot -left slot below-

4) press "weld", you get a 2x copper ingot.

5) go back to 1) until you have 7 2x copper ingots.

6)go to the crafting table and place them in this way:

XXX

OXO

XXX

X: 2x copper ingot

O: nothing

You just got yourself a copper anvil; you now can place it, and with it, you can make copper tools and the next tier's bars.

Flux, BTW, is made by combining a metal hammer with certain kinds of rocks -sedimentary, i think-. Go look in the wiki.

Ah thanks, i didn't knew that i need flux for that :)

*edit*

And again.. i need your help:

I gathered some "Limestone Rock" and some Limestone, i also made Limestone Brick.

Now i try to craft flux out of it, but with my hammer, i cant create Flux out of the limestone blocks..

The Wiki say that it should be possible out of limestone.. so how could i craft Flux?

Make flux with a hammer and limestone ROCKS.

I got the problem: stone hammer is not working with limestone, i had to craft a zinc one

... i said it had to be a metal one ._. you just forgot, or what?

... i said it had to be a metal one ._. you just forgot, or what?

Yes, sry.. hadn't read the metal part

*edit*

So, another question.. maybe a bug?

I've tried to craft a knife from tin. If i place the tin bar with the blueprint of the knife on the anvil i receive the smithing rules as usual.

But the target marker is to much on the right side.

The rules are:

Hit, last

Draw, second from last

Draw, third from last

I place the current marker on the very last side of the scale (one punch more and the bar will be lost). So now i'm doing the two draws and the current marker is on the last left edge of the target marker. If i perform the last hit, the current marker is out of the target marker.

Is that normal or do i made a mistake? Maybe higher tier tools are needed or some different temperature for the tin bar?

I'm not sure if i understood that... could you get some images, or something? If you want to make a screenshot, is the F2 button (the images will appear in the "screenshots" folder, in your .minecraft folder (or the instance's folder if you use MultiMC))

Sure

First i heat the tin ingot and place it, with the blueprint on the anvil:

http://imageshack.us/f/507/20121023011327.png/

Then i place the current marker of the ingot to the maximum right:

http://imageshack.us/f/39/20121023011337.png/

If i try to get one more step to the right of the marker before i start with the smithing rules, the bar ist lost:

http://imageshack.us/f/685/20121023011357.png/

So i can only go to the maximum right of the scale

After pressing draw for two times, the ingot marker is at this point:

http://imageshack.us/f/685/20121023011343.png/

Now, the last rule for the blueprint is "hit". After pressing "light hit", the marker is here:

http://imageshack.us/f/824/20121023011346.png/

Rules fulfilled.. but the ingot marker is out of the target area and the knife won't be forged..

*edit*

somehow, the imageshack images seems not to work.. replaced with link

Oh, i see... well, yeah then, that's a bug. Different metals will have the marker at different spots, so it could only be that way with tin ._. I guess they haven't actually tried to make a tin knife -neither would i, personally :-

BTW, nice houseyou have there, from what i can see :3