Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
GreenLeaf

Thirst!

61 posts in this topic

Oh sh+t you're flowerchild?

I took that to mean he's a member of the BTW forums...

Thanks for calling me an ass.

I didn't call you an ass, I indirectly called you an ass without meaning to, from what I've seen of you on these forums, I don't think you're an ass :P

Also, I could be wrong, I've never been on the BTW forums, so my assumptions could be wildly off base and yes maybe a tad strong, I just never really like his demeanor towards the rest of the modding community, seemed a little like saying "my mod is better than everyone else's", but hey just my opinion on a controversial topic.

now, noodles if I don't get my desk back, I'm going to grab my fork and match and run you out of town!

It wasn't a choice, it was a side effect of him dropping the forge. He has never purposefully created incompatibility with another mod, ever. He just doesn't make concessions for compatibility, putting his own game design first.

I'm pretty sure it was his choice, there is so much incompatibility and even with forge having modloader inside. "putting his own game design first" he is an ass, he created and changed classes that are just way over the top with incompatibility and are needless.

I don't think his followers are asses but if aren't able to criticise or to have a critical view over what other people do, just because you admire the work they have done you are naive at best.

I like the bickering. Keep going.

I like the bickering. Keep going.

oh dear god what monster have i created?

I REGRET EVERYTHING!!!!!!

-runs off to hide-

I'm pretty sure it was his choice, there is so much incompatibility and even with forge having modloader inside. "putting his own game design first" he is an ass, he created and changed classes that are just way over the top with incompatibility and are needless.

I don't think his followers are asses but if aren't able to criticise or to have a critical view over what other people do, just because you admire the work they have done you are naive at best.

I like how 'take no bullshit' is a good thing, except online, when it's called being an ass.

I'm going to be honest here: I think you're focusing on the sobbing preteens he offended, and not the reasoning behind his actions.

We may disagree, but I respect him because he holds a genuinely informed opinion. Not the blind, senseless vindictive hatred that most people think he holds, and most people have for him.

oh dear god what monster have i created?

I REGRET EVERYTHING!!!!!!

-runs off to hide-

Silly Sugarnoodles, you are not a goliath

It wasn't a choice, it was a side effect of him dropping the forge. He has never purposefully created incompatibility with another mod, ever. He just doesn't make concessions for compatibility, putting his own game design first.

Which is exactly why i've never really felt like playing Better than Wolves.

Atleast Bioxx hasn't openly said "No compatibility!" so that means i can still use this mod with some other of my favourites and eventually as things make progress add more.

I'm far too used with playing technicpack to continue playing minecraft with just one mod installed. (this is quite a large mod though)

Which is exactly why i've never really felt like playing Better than Wolves.

Atleast Bioxx hasn't openly said "No compatibility!" so that means i can still use this mod with some other of my favourites and eventually as things make progress add more.

I'm far too used with playing technicpack to continue playing minecraft with just one mod installed. (this is quite a large mod though)

Bioxx is actively not editing base classes so that this mod doesn't turn into the next BTW, and for that, he is awesome.

Bioxx is actively not editing base classes so that this mod doesn't turn into the next BTW, and for that, he is awesome.

BTW is a confusing term, because it means Better Than Wolves and By The Way. This makes some people unhappy.

BTW is a confusing term, because it means Better Than Wolves and By The Way. This makes some people unhappy.

I figured it was acceptable to use since we are on the subject of Better than Wolves, Just quicker than writing out Better than Wolves everytime you refer to it, just like we say TFC instead of Terrafirmacraft.

I figured it was acceptable to use since we are on the subject of Better than Wolves, Just quicker than writing out Better than Wolves everytime you refer to it, just like we say TFC instead of Terrafirmacraft.

But TFC means only Terrairmacraft, right?

But why in fuck do you need to mod your mod? Both BTW and TFC have more content and playability than almost all other mods out there, and are designed to be played alone. Pretty much anything you can add will probably have a shitload of overlapping functionality, and probably be game breaking.

But why in fuck do you need to mod your mod? Both BTW and TFC have more content and playability than almost all other mods out there, and are designed to be played alone. Pretty much anything you can add will probably have a shitload of overlapping functionality, and probably be game breaking.

Why would anyone mod Minecraft in the first place, right?

Why would anyone mod Minecraft in the first place, right?

Because VMC had a problem, and a mod fixed it.

Modding a mod, most of the time, is like filling in a pothole twice.

I need more! MORE!!!

Because VMC had a problem, and a mod fixed it.

Modding a mod, most of the time, is like filling in a pothole twice.

So?

How can I be more relevant? I answered your question and used an analogy to support my argument.

Maybe the pothole is too deep or maybe some people like to fill it with not only dirt but gravel, sand and the relevance of this discussion. Nothing is set in stone, the good thing about minecraft is its `open´ code, people can do whatever the hell they want to, so combining things the way you like is also a part of the game.

well it's obvious how great this idea was, seeeing how completenly and totally derailed it has become

well it's obvious how great this idea was, seeeing how completenly and totally derailed it has become

The constant derailment of threads is an interesting detail about these forums, I must look into it further, it could be a cover for something dastardly, or Moriarty could be up to his tricks again.

*becomes interested in something, pulls out his magnifying glass and scurries off following some invisible trail with incredible focus and determination*

The constant derailment of threads is an interesting detail about these forums, I must look into it further, it could be a cover for something dastardly, or worse, Moriarty.

i'd say more disturbing than dastardly, and eminating from the stygian depths of our minds or...at least mine.....

-starts giggling insanely-

i'd say more disturbing than dastardly, and eminating from the stygian depths of our minds or...at least mine.....

-starts giggling insanely-

It can't be! You are Moriarty in disguise! You won't get away with this, you wretched monster!