Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

48 posts in this topic

Yeah... don't even get me started on copyrights or patenting. I won't ever shut up.

Yeah, not going to lie. I can't talk about respecting copyrights .. I'm a filthy pirate :L .. With some things anyway :L

Except that copyright laws don't apply to mods because they have all the legal footing of a mass-murdering drug-dealer-assassin-pirate cartel.

I really don't have anything against "Brit" accents, but those two retards are the reason that people all over the fucking world stereotype brits and think that "brit" english is the most FUCKING (yes, I yelled that) annoying english right after 'merican english.. Really, I cringe at every fucking word and I couldn't even watch or understand 10 seconds of it.

As for the mod being a rip-off.. meh I don't have much to say. Just that I wouldn't play it, just like I don't even play Vanilla anymore.

I really don't have anything against "Brit" accents, but those two retards are the reason that people all over the fucking world stereotype brits and think that "brit" english is the most FUCKING (yes, I yelled that) annoying english right after 'merican english.. Really, I cringe at every fucking word and I couldn't even watch or understand 10 seconds of it.

As for the mod being a rip-off.. meh I don't have much to say. Just that I wouldn't play it, just like I don't even play Vanilla anymore.

That is actually Cockney, not *British*. I actually think a British accent, if not too strong, sounds really cool.

... i don't find their accent annoying, just too loud at times, and they talk WAY too fast -at older videos, they talk a lot slower, but apparently something convinced them that it was a good idea to talk like a f+cking squirrel on cocaine-. I really don't see a reason to qualify someone as a "retard" when, firstly, mentally retarded persons can feel offended by what you just said, and secondly, it's not like they were The youtubers, those two are relatively new youtubers which don't have that much suscribers -I know they have 207087, but instead of looking at their channel, why don't you look at the channel of an actually known youtuber?-, so you can't say they started that stereotype.

Also, this thread was pretty well on it's rails... why you have to come here and derail it by saying "THIS DUED SUCSK!" When it hasn't any relation to the topic? If you have absolutely nothing to add to the thread, why to post?

Yeah, i know, i'm the last guy in the world who should be asking you not to derail threads. But at least i do it by making some (most of the times, bad) jokes about something in the thread i'm derailing...

mentally retarded persons can feel offended by what you just said

I doubt someone with severe and debilitating mental disability will be playing Terrafirmacraft, and thus be reading this forum. This leads me to believe that the only way they'd know about the comment is if someone pointed it out to them while gently patting their shoulder. At that point, who's really to blame for the hurt feelings? The other option would be someone with a mild case of the disorder who would only feel offended if they have a thin skin, in which case they can expect little mercy on the internet.

... i don't find their accent annoying, just too loud at times, and they talk WAY too fast -at older videos, they talk a lot slower, but apparently something convinced them that it was a good idea to talk like a f+cking squirrel on cocaine-. I really don't see a reason to qualify someone as a "retard" when, firstly, mentally retarded persons can feel offended by what you just said, and secondly, it's not like they were The youtubers, those two are relatively new youtubers which don't have that much suscribers -I know they have 207087, but instead of looking at their channel, why don't you look at the channel of an actually known youtuber?-, so you can't say they started that stereotype.

Also, this thread was pretty well on it's rails... why you have to come here and derail it by saying "THIS DUED SUCSK!" When it hasn't any relation to the topic? If you have absolutely nothing to add to the thread, why to post?

Yeah, i know, i'm the last guy in the world who should be asking you not to derail threads. But at least i do it by making some (most of the times, bad) jokes about something in the thread i'm derailing...

Read my post again bro, I didn't mean retard as in mentally impaired so no need for your smartass remarks (no need for mine either, but meh, this is teh interwebs right?), and I didn't say that they started the stereotype.

And lol, you complain about derailing and shitposting by shitposting in your funny engrish... lolwat.

That is actually Cockney, not *British*. I actually think a British accent, if not too strong, sounds really cool.

Welp, as I said, I have nothing against brit english, there's plenty of brit fellas like the ego- I mean the Yogscast that don't bother me at all with their accent. It's just these two fellas with their 'Cockney' that really rustle my jimmies.

British accent .. I can see none of you are from the uk :L .. The concept of a "british accent" is as ridiculous as an "American accent" .. I am british, but I assure you, I sound nothing like them. The accent they use in their videos is an English aristocratic accent, not cockney, which is far less focused on proper enunciation and more on rhyming slang (apples and pears = stairs).

and I didn't say that they started the stereotype.

but those two retards are the reason that people all over the fucking world stereotype brits and think that "brit" english is the most FUCKING (yes, I yelled that) annoying english

Well, if they are "the reason" why the brit are stereotyped, that's pretty much saying they started it.

And lol, you complain about derailing and shitposting by shitposting in your funny engrish... lolwat.

... Where did this came from again? i firstly don't see how i shitposted, as i argued the content of your post, instead of insulting some random guys with no relation with the thread. Secondly... engrish, really? I'm still learning english, so what were you expecting? For me to talk like Doctor f+cking House already?

And if you are willing to keep arguing about this, you are welcome to send me a PM in this forum's messenger, so we don't keep bothering the rest of the forum.

Ya know, after actually watching the video in the op, I'm going to say that the mod in question is indeed a rip-off, or at least much too heavily "inspired" by TFC :/

It's just too damn similar to older versions of TFC, although it doesn't seem to be anywhere close to the same standard as TFC. It honestly looks like the creator saw TFC and made a few changes/didn't have the coding abilities to emulate Bioxx's work (Dunk too, but as far as I know he only does AI) and decided that was enough to make it "different".

pointless raging

If you haven't noticed, this forum really doesn't welcome the kind of attitude you have, so shape up or don't post. We really don't tolerate (us normal members can't take action, but we can type harshly in your direction) people coming in here and insulting us and being a general wanker. Everyone on this forum comes here to have fun and discuss a mod we love, not to listen to people like you make an ass of yourself.

anoying voice! its very similar to TFC but i rather await to see what bioxx and dunk has to say about this....

Agh, I wish I'd understood what you meant before I clicked play, I absolutely cannot stand those people.

Well, if they are "the reason" why the brit are stereotyped, that's pretty much saying they started it.

... Where did this came from again? i firstly don't see how i shitposted, as i argued the content of your post, instead of insulting some random guys with no relation with the thread. Secondly... engrish, really? I'm still learning english, so what were you expecting? For me to talk like Doctor f+cking House already?

And if you are willing to keep arguing about this, you are welcome to send me a PM in this forum's messenger, so we don't keep bothering the rest of the forum.

Ya know, after actually watching the video in the op, I'm going to say that the mod in question is indeed a rip-off, or at least much too heavily "inspired" by TFC :/

It's just too damn similar to older versions of TFC, although it doesn't seem to be anywhere close to the same standard as TFC. It honestly looks like the creator saw TFC and made a few changes/didn't have the coding abilities to emulate Bioxx's work (Dunk too, but as far as I know he only does AI) and decided that was enough to make it "different".

If you haven't noticed, this forum really doesn't welcome the kind of attitude you have, so shape up or don't post. We really don't tolerate (us normal members can't take action, but we can type harshly in your direction) people coming in here and insulting us and being a general wanker. Everyone on this forum comes here to have fun and discuss a mod we love, not to listen to people like you make an ass of yourself.

You guys are adorable, and if you haven't noticed, I have this "kind of attitude" because IDGAF about what random grandiloquent insecure kiddies in the interwebs that I will never ever meet think about me.

GG no RE boys.

You guys are adorable, and if you haven't noticed, I have this "kind of attitude" because IDGAF about what random grandiloquent insecure kiddies in the interwebs that I will never ever meet think about me.

GG no RE boys.

It's not about what people think of you. It's about being a decent, respectful and contributory member of the community. Your view that "I don't give a fuck and that's why I'm being an ass" is so childish. I know you don't care what we think about you, but there's no point in even posting here if you're not going to contribute anything and spend your time aggravating members of the community.

I think this has been blown a little bit out of proportion. If this was the case of things like TFC's smelting and metal working system being lifted or systems like the charcoal pit were copied, that would be a reason to be irate, even if they had original code. However, that really isn't the case, that mod uses very simple concepts: Sticks come from tree branches, doesn't make sense to be able to punch a section of a tree trunk off a tree, people usually cannot carry several stacks of cubic meter bits of dirt, stone and wood, early tools were made with flint, loose stone doesn't make as much sense and flint is a vanilla item. Many of these things I have seen before in other mods. I can understand the authors of TFC not being very happy with this, but it is no where near the scope of TFC and doesn't seem to encroach on any of the unique ideas, concepts or implementation.

Now if it turns out code was copied or down the road the other mod author starts implementing features very specific to TFC (again, metal working is a great example, many ways to do this and having something similar to how TFC pulls it off would be blatantly ripping it off).

I guess I am just weary when mod authors start talking about disliking other mods using similar ideas or concepts, I can understand why, but it is really bad for the mod community. What would happen if no one was allowed to implement features already present in other mods? Someone makes a mod where you can no longer punch trees, now all mods HAVE to allow punching trees, else they are ripping off. A better example would be a lot of the technical mods. IC2 and RP2 both have solar panels, IC2, RP2 and BC3 (among many others) all have ways of producing electricity and all have some kind of wire system to transport them. It is just a very slippery slope argument. As long as the guy is not ripping off actual code, I say forget and move on, TFC isn't a commercial product so there isn't much point to get worked up. Competition is good, it allows you to gauge how good of a product you are producing and helps encourage that you make sure that what you are making is the best out there (not saying that you don't already).

Take it like this, before there really wasn't anything like TFC at all. If people asked me if the mod is any good, I would say yes and just kind of list off features, now that there are smaller mods in similar genre (realistic/believable survival, etc) I can name good points about TFC and say that it is the best mod of its type by a long shot.

I was wondering how much it was like TFC, especially with this new system of health, hunger, and thirst, it's existed before, so have inventory limit mods, a number of them actually very good, but nothing I've seen comes close to the metallurgy in TFC, and the synthesis of them all is a completely different thing.

I doubt someone with mental disability will be playing Terrafirmacraft, and thus be reading this forum. This leads me to believe that the only way they'd know about the comment is if someone pointed it out to them while gently patting their shoulder. At that point, who's really to blame for the hurt feelings?

Needed to address this. There is a BIG difference between a mental disability and 'mental retardation', as it's more commonly used. And yes there are people on the forum with mental disabilities.

einstein had a mental disabilty. asperger. (my family has 3aspergers) and they are beyond clever.

Needed to address this. There is a BIG difference between a mental disability and 'mental retardation', as it's more commonly used. And yes there are people on the forum with mental disabilities.

Plenty in fact.

Honestly, and after taking a look at what has been posted here, i think that, unless they are directly taking code from here or that modder does exactly what TFC did -What is in TFC that isn't in any other mod? real life like geology, for example-, let's just let it be. It could end up taking a completely different direction, if given the chance; so, why we shouldn't give it the chance?

Sometimes the damage is already done. Sometimes corrections aren't much better.

Oh if I did it correctly it's just as bad as before, just more specific.