Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Joey

WarZ or DayZ

7 posts in this topic

Alright... so most of us have probably heard of DayZ. Zombie MMO, all the big youtubers play it, very popular Arma II mod. But then, more recently, a game called WarZ came out. The beta is being released on October 31st, it is in an alpha state right now. Some people say WarZ is a crappy copy of DayZ, some say it's going to be very fun, and live up to the standard of Zombie MMO DayZ has set. I've personally never played either, but I have watched extensive videos of both, and they both look great IMO. What do you guys think? WarZ: great game with potential, or crappy rip-off?

meh, I've played DayZ like twice with my friend Nieztro, but that's about it.

I have no opinion, I'm just posting because whythefucknot?

i play both games and i think they are realy good in its own way. DayZ is more realistic but the ARMA2 Engine is not realy for a game like this. maybe with some changes they try to make for the stand alone ARMA 2.5 Engine.

WarZ is in a early Alpha state only 30% of the map is released so far and not all features are in, so i can't realy talk about it. but so far the game is realy fun to play and gameplay i think is better then with DayZ.

better graphics and inventory managment but atm very buggy and main oriented to PVP than Zombie survival. maybe i can say more about WarZ with the Beta start and all the features.

If you have ARMA2 Combined Operations you can test DayZ it's a free mod but if not maybe you wait for the stand alone version.

and WarZ, if you don't want to buy the game and play Alpha/Beta you can ask your friends, if they have buy the game they have some beta keys (2Days start 31Okt).

ps: sorry but my english is not very good i hope you understand me :)

ps: sorry but my english is not very good i hope you understand me :)

It's 100% understandable ,because small errors don't compromise all the text.

meh, I've played DayZ like twice with my friend Nieztro, but that's about it.

Ah yes. Do you know what happened to Nieztro? He stopped making videos.

Ah yes. Do you know what happened to Nieztro? He stopped making videos.

Yeah I don't know, we haven't talked very much recently.

In my opinion, you cant make a call on which is better until the stand alone dayz comes out. Right now, Dayz is being held back by the arma2 engine and all its vulnerabilities. I did buy the beta access for warz in the meantime though. I'll let you know my opinion after i play that a few days.