Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kimbblesrath

Cubic Chunks in TFC

What do you think?   74 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cubic Chunks be implemented into TFC?

• EFF YEAH!!
    • Yeah!
    • I think so.
    • Meh.
    • No.
    • NO!
  2. 2. If you think it should be implemented, how many block high should it be? (bedrock to sky top)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

157 posts in this topic

no, isn't Leosallespoli working on it for TFC right now? I want to see what he has to say about it

no, isn't Leosallespoli working on it for TFC right now? I want to see what he has to say about it

Of course he is, and derailing this thread into something else while we wait isn't gonna stop him. When he has an update, he is free to tell us here :3 we are obviously interested in getting Cubic chunks in the mod.

But until he has something to say about it...

EDIT: Huh... hey guys, don't you notice smething wierd about my title? i think it's broken :_.

I gave an update and people didn't gave any feedback nor did you or Bioxx gave your opinion on what route I'm supposed to take. It is on page 4. What I was able to do until now is pretty much change some classes back to be able to see CC work again.

Okay, sorry for no feedback, it's probably becuase there was a time in which i wasn't that interested in this thread itself and overlooked everything...

I would like to give a kind of update and ask you guys somethings.

First of all, cubic chunks changes most of the current engine, how it is the chunks are rendered, saved and sent to clients. There are about 80 classes that would need to be changed, core functions. TFC has 454 classes, many of them are extensions from one of the classes that need to be changed.

Second, Forge. Forge has many classes dependant of those classes that could be changed. Modloader classes.

So... nasty...

How can one change that much?

One way is to extend the Core of minecraft and make a completly different engine for handling chunks that will be like minecraft but not minecraft... Pratically it will just use the main window to open the game from the moment you choose to play with CC it will be a different game.

The other one that is way simpler is to chage every class that needs to be changed, overwrite it all, then you can forget about any compatibility.

So I have to ask, is minecraft that worthy? I mean... It won't be minecraft anymore... You may even start making a new game from there.

^

|

|

Is this the post you were talking about?

If it is...

So I have to ask, is minecraft that worthy?

The only thing that makes it a little worthy for me is Optifine, as my pc is shitty... If Cubic chuncks won't allow it to function, it better not be (too) laggy, otherwise i won't be able to play anymore :(

Okay, sorry for no feedback, it's probably becuase there was a time in which i wasn't that interested in this thread itself and overlooked everything...

^

|

|

Is this the post you were talking about?

If it is...

The only thing that makes it a little worthy for me is Optifine, as my pc is shitty... If Cubic chuncks won't allow it to function, it better not be (too) laggy, otherwise i won't be able to play anymore :(

Yes it is, and I don't think it will be, the idea behind it may make it even faster and smoother, since you would store less blocks in your RAM.

Yes it is, and I don't think it will be, the idea behind it may make it even faster and smoother, since you would store less blocks in your RAM.

Then you have my up vote. If i have to choose between playing MC and playing something similar but better and less laggier, i would obviously choose the second.

Quite honestly, for what this mod is worth, i would be happy just with it being moderately good most of the time and having lagspikes every 20 minutes... which is close to what i already have.

Then you have my up vote. If i have to choose between playing MC and playing something similar but better and less laggier, i would obviously choose the second.

Quite honestly, for what this mod is worth, i would be happy just with it being moderately good most of the time and having lagspikes every 20 minutes... which is close to what i already have.

It is not about voting...

I want opinion...

look at what Jasnatdic said:

Really there are a few options.

1 is dismiss cubic chunks in tfc to maintain compatability with everything the simple way.

2 is write the cubic chunks extensions and changes on top of forge with a specific forge build required every time you update the mod this would have to be done. This would make tfc a jar mod again and maintain an average compatability level with forge mod folder based mods.

3 is sepperate tfc from minecraft and write a new engine for it makeing it its own entity. This would honestly take a solid team a year or more to do right.

4 is when spout is complete write tfc to exsist on spout, in much the same manner as 3 except for spout is the engine and will have cubic chunks already in it. This option is the best way to include cubic chunks in tfc, it would however make it incompatable with all mods not written with spouts api. Spout is probable several months from being a viable working platform however.

So anyhow there may be other options available but those are the ones I can think up.

If you want to vote, pick one option... But like I've said, I want opinion, cubic chunks can make it not even compatible with Forge (on an extreme scenario).

It is not about voting...

I want opinion...

look at what Jasnatdic said:

If you want to vote, pick one option... But like I've said, I want opinion, cubic chunks can make it not even compatible with Forge (on an extreme scenario).

Well, i would have to study the situation a little more to give you a honest opinion, 'cause right now i don't know that much about this... I will tell you my opinion later, okay? right now i have no time really.

i dont want to necro this thread but what is the latest staus of yours ?

i dont want to necro this thread but what is the latest staus of yours ?

Not too much of a necro, only 10 days, but I would like to know Leo as well.

I'm doing the particles stuff, it had me excited about that since the results are easier and almost instant, but CC is still in the back of my mind, don't worry.

I'm doing the particles stuff, it had me excited about that since the results are easier and almost instant, but CC is still in the back of my mind, don't worry.

Ok. That is good. I love the discussion going on in the particles thread. Amazing work!! :D :D

so no more overcompensating chunks :P

I think cubic chunks would be an excellent choice for this mod. And coupled with the 'partially loaded chunk' theory that was presented earlier, could make for much more realistic worlds.

Also, screw compatibility with other mods, and screw forge. Terrafirmacraft is it's own beast, and other mods aren't so much in my mind.

should this EVER be implemented, number 1 project: massive leap of faith, number 2 project, MINAS TIRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITHHHHHHHHHHHHH (anyone else WITH ME!?)

should this EVER be implemented, number 1 project: massive leap of faith, number 2 project, MINAS TIRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITHHHHHHHHHHHHH (anyone else WITH ME!?)

I would get on that project so fast...

But we have to do it legitly, alright? No creative mode. It's the difference between a model and a work of art :)

im not talking just the shape, im talking the entire frikking thing: gates, houses, buildings, using every screenshot available, center courtyard, the 7 rings (hmm, 7 dwarven rings i just realised :D) the upper level, the gigantic shearpoint up to above the gate, the white tree, throne room, the entire area up to the burial mounds :D

of course i am talking about a vanilla gameplay, but we'd need a server and multiple people working on it to make it anywhere NEAR plausible (which leads me to the question, do you even play TFC dunk?)

im not talking just the shape, im talking the entire frikking thing: gates, houses, buildings, using every screenshot available, center courtyard, the 7 rings (hmm, 7 dwarven rings i just realised :D) the upper level, the gigantic shearpoint up to above the gate, the white tree, throne room, the entire area up to the burial mounds :D

exactly

exactly

and to top it all off, i will do a burning backwards jump off of the top of it when its done :D

well, first lets make this cubic chunk thing happen :D

There is not enough likes to this! But Dunk, you know better than everyone here, besides bioxx, what CC means and what is necessary for its implementation. Don't get my hopes so high...

There is not enough likes to this! But Dunk, you know better than everyone here, besides bioxx, what CC means and what is necessary for its implementation. Don't get my hopes so high...

hahaha I know. You're still the one looking into it :)

Bioxx and I gave up, so it's up to you. (a lot of pressure, but try anyway)

hahaha I know. You're still the one looking into it :)

Bioxx and I gave up, so it's up to you. (a lot of pressure, but try anyway)

Truth be told I was looking into other stuff, the whole anvilworld had good intent but dampered some good projects in the high worlds side, Bioxx seems to have high projects into forge so that nullifies a couple of options... yet there is hope, let's see what the next months holds...

BIOXX, DROP ALL THE STUFF FOR CC, it'd make everything run faster anyway, even me (a network administrator student) knows that tons of small calculations goes a shitton faster than 1 big calculation :D

BIOXX, DROP ALL THE STUFF FOR CC, it'd make everything run faster anyway, even me (a network administrator student) knows that tons of small calculations goes a shitton faster than 1 big calculation :D

I think i can answer perfectly well what he would probably say:

"*Slow motion* Nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooo."

and then comes someone running on CC explaining how the entire universe works in 0.1 milliseconds, demonstrating the increase in speed and awesomeness of your game (btw, if that height limit goes above 5k, you'd have beaten any previous mod so far, plus that'd generate HUGE attention: the mod that keeps going up :D (or down, change depth level and create some REAL cavern systems :D)