Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Azdoine

Remove F3

50 posts in this topic

Or at least the co-ordinates in the corner of the screen.

I don't know anything else in the game that breaks believability like F3.

Or at least the co-ordinates in the corner of the screen.

I don't know anything else in the game that breaks believability like F3.

100% agreed.

There could be a cartography aspect instead.

Instead of actual coordinates, you could make large maps of your areas (hand drawn, to be more skill-requiring, and "fun") to find where you are. Maps could require paper, paint, a table, and possibly a brush. Paint could be made with dyes and oil.

I guess the closest thing we have to my idea is the knapping GUI. But instead of taking away, we could add pixels to the map, etc.

*snip*

Instead of actual coordinates, you could make large maps of your areas (hand drawn, to be more skill-requiring, and "fun") to find where you are.

*snip*

I was like 'Wth? - I needz my coords' until I read your idea. That is awesome.. and would make some use of that blotter table after you've made all your recipes. I mean you could always just do this irl too beside you while you play but somehow that isn't as interesting. Funny how that works. I wants a treasure map! ...but I don't think you can remove F3... can you? I guess OptiFine makes some changes to it, so maybe.

*Cough* http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/1984-cartography/page__hl__cartography__fromsearch__1 *Cough* I haven't wrote two fucking texts walls for this to be ignored... *cough*

Excuse me, i think i'm getting a cold :

Well, they are already removing the biomes tab from there, i guess they can take out some other things as well... So yeah, i'm on for this.

I was like 'Wth? - I needz my coords'

Go to your room and think about what you've done.

actually you're the one who should be going into your corner, read the whole post pal

actually you're the one who should be going into your corner, read the whole post pal

Doesn't change the fact that he's been using a magical debug screen to get around when he plays.

*Cough* http://terrafirmacra...__fromsearch__1 *Cough* I haven't wrote two fucking texts walls for this to be ignored... *cough*

Excuse me, i think i'm getting a cold :

Well, they are already removing the biomes tab from there, i guess they can take out some other things as well... So yeah, i'm on for this.

Sorry, I have not read that.

Yeah, i guess it's hard for a dead thread to be readen by that many people :

If only a revival happened...

Better than Wolves does this(removes coords) already. Shouldn't be hard to do.

Lmao...

I am very good at building things and imagining the ways that parts fit together. Irl, I have an extraordinary sense of direction. None of this translates to the virtual world... in the slightest. I would spend most of my time building new homes if not for those blessed blessed coordinates.

NO!

One does not simply compare TFC to another mod.

Also, it does?

Also, it does?

Well, it is better than wolves, and wolves could never have done that because they don't have fingers and I don't think they can program at all.

Well, it is better than wolves, and wolves could never have done that because they don't have fingers and I don't think they can program at all.

Posted Image

don't you even start sir,

... I know it should be fairly easy to change it, but i just can't allow that habit to get back to the newbies...

Do NOT say something can be made in TFC because other mod has done it. Most of the times -not like this one-, that feature you are talking about is something that took that particular mod's maker months of hard work, and would have to be done in a completely different way as the devs just can't take the code of another mod and add it to TFC (unless it's an open source).

NO!

One does not simply compare TFC to another mod.

Also, it does?

I see no comparisons. Maybe you meant to quote someone else? Also, watch Crysyn's BTW videos, it is explained there.

... I know it should be fairly easy to change it, but i just can't allow that habit to get back to the newbies...

Do NOT say something can be made in TFC because other mod has done it. Most of the times -not like this one-, that feature you are talking about is something that took that particular mod's maker months of hard work, and would have to be done in a completely different way as the devs just can't take the code of another mod and add it to TFC (unless it's an open source).

I would prefer you did not tell me what I can and cannot say. I made no statement bashing this mod. In fact, I feel with the talent I have already seen in this mod, that Bioxx should be able to handle this easily. Not sure why you have so little faith in the devs.

I would prefer you did not tell me what I can and cannot say. I made no statement bashing this mod. In fact, I feel with the talent I have already seen in this mod, that Bioxx should be able to handle this easily. Not sure why you have so little faith in the devs.

It's not that i don't have faith in the devs; pretty much the opposite, in fact. I wasn't going against you supporting this suggestion, but the way you did. I'm just telling you what to do in this case so you don't try to go with an argument such as that next time you try to defend an idea, simply 'cause most of the times it won't work at all. I really don't see where did the "little faith in the devs" thing came from... I haven't said they couldn't make it, i said it would take a lot of work and time, and there are other more important things they are probably focusing on right now.

I mostly said that because... well, i got pretty sick of people saying "but this mod did it!" in those times where most of newbies did -__- i'm just not gonna let it happen again...

Why the hell would you remove a feature intended for devs, mods, admins, and map-makers?

That's stupid as fuck.

You don't want to see the dev screen?

*gasp* ... press F3 again. It goes away! Maaaaaagiiiiiiiiic...

It's not that i don't have faith in the devs; pretty much the opposite, in fact. I wasn't going against you supporting this suggestion, but the way you did. I'm just telling you what to do in this case so you don't try to go with an argument such as that next time you try to defend an idea, simply 'cause most of the times it won't work at all. I really don't see where did the "little faith in the devs" thing came from... I haven't said they couldn't make it, i said it would take a lot of work and time, and there are other more important things they are probably focusing on right now.

I mostly said that because... well, i got pretty sick of people saying "but this mod did it!" in those times where most of newbies did -__- i'm just not gonna let it happen again...

You said just now "most of the times it won't work at all"... how do you know? You are limiting your expectations of what Bioxx can and cannot do when you say that. You should be thinking he can do great things, as he has already done with this mod.

I think you are confusing "mod x did it, so why doesn't TFC do it" with "mod x does it, so TFC should be able to do it". I never said Bioxx WILL do it, I just suggested he may be able to. This is the sugestions forum after all.

Why the hell would you remove a feature intended for devs, mods, admins, and map-makers?

That's stupid as fuck.

You don't want to see the dev screen?

*gasp* ... press F3 again. It goes away! Maaaaaagiiiiiiiiic...

I don't want to get rid of the debug info, or the co-ordinates, I just want to take the co-ordiantes out of the hands of cheaty players who can't navigate on their own.

Co-ordinates could remain on creative mode, or some such.

I agree with Eternal, if you don't want to cheat you don't have to press f3 at all. simply forget that it's there. if you end up lost and just cannot muster yourself to not cheat then, well, it's your problem. i believe Bioxx has more important lines of code to write than to help you with your F3 addiction.

I don't want to get rid of the debug info, or the co-ordinates, I just want to take the co-ordiantes out of the hands of cheaty players who can't navigate on their own.

Co-ordinates could remain on creative mode, or some such.

yknow i have to agree with eternal on this one, if you dont want to see it, then dont look at it,

You said just now "most of the times it won't work at all"... how do you know? You are limiting your expectations of what Bioxx can and cannot do when you say that. You should be thinking he can do great things, as he has already done with this mod.

I think you are confusing "mod x did it, so why doesn't TFC do it" with "mod x does it, so TFC should be able to do it". I never said Bioxx WILL do it, I just suggested he may be able to. This is the sugestions forum after all.

... Yeah, then it was my fault. You are right, i confused those two... mostly because i'm tired as hell and can't think that much...

Whatever, sorry for all this... :

I agree with Eternal, if you don't want to cheat you don't have to press f3 at all. simply forget that it's there. if you end up lost and just cannot muster yourself to not cheat then, well, it's your problem. i believe Bioxx has more important lines of code to write than to help you with your F3 addiction.

It's not my 'addiction'. I get tired of the riduculous metagame that is co-ordinates.

Seems like a great way to add some measure of believability to the game.

It's not my 'addiction'. I get tired of the riduculous metagame that is co-ordinates.

Seems like a great way to add some measure of believability to the game.

You get tired of the way other people play the game they paid for? Who cares if they need coords to find their way home because they have no sense of direction, how does them useing it effect you in any way?

However putting that behind us, I could get behind this being an smp option for server admins to toggle and turn off coords and such for say non ops or something like that. That said though I don't think it really needs much thought with so much currently in the works.