Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jivix

Bloomery eating Charcoal. [52e]

10 posts in this topic

I've been having a problem with the Bloomery. I doubt that this is an intended feature, as I'll describe shortly.

In previous versions of TFC, Charcoal would remain in the Bloomery after you finish a smelting cycle, so that you can reuse some of the charcoal in the next load of ore. Unfortunately, it seems that the charcoal is mostly disappearing after any ore finishes smelting.

Case #1: 1 stack of 16 small Copper ore, 1 stack of 8 medium Copper ore.

Put in about 20 pieces of charcoal. When the 8 medium ore finished smelting (it seems to smelt faster than the small pieces), it removed ALL the charcoal so the rest of the ore was stuck in the Bloomery. I had to put in another 20 pieces to get it high enough to finish smelting, a HUGE waste compared to pre-52e.

Case #2: 1 stack of 16 small Copper ore.

Put in about 10 pieces of charcoal. Had about 60kg of ore, and 40kg of charcoal. When the ore started coming in, I threw in another 15 pieces of charcoal. 90kg of charcoal disappeared when the Copper ore finished smelting.

I don't think this is intended, and it certainly isn't desireable. It's not even [REDACTED].

The intended feature is 1 charcoal per 1 ore regardless of ore size. Also it will take some to initially heat the bloomery and some to use the bellows. If your bloomery is using far more than this, then you may have a bug on your hands.

But normally the charcoal burns in a bloomery, so it's obvious that you can't find it after a smelting cycle.

It's not even realistic.

Also the mod isn't made to be r... only to be BELIEVABLE.

I never tried smelting small ores, but Deviator is right. You should be putting one charcoal per one ore, regardless of size, and then throw in a few extra for heating. For copper, I usually put in 2 extra charcoal. For iron I put 4.

Also, keep in mind there is a limit of 90 kg regardless of the size of your bloomery. So you can't put more than 20 pieces of charcoal or ore in at once, which may be why your first case acted kind of weird. The last 4 pieces wouldn't have been added, and probably just sat on top of the bloomery until the first batch finished, at which point they were added, so it may have looked like extra charcoal got eaten, but really you had extra ore suddenly get added at the end.

But normally the charcoal burns in a bloomery, so it's obvious that you can't find it after a smelting cycle.

Also the mod isn't made to be r... only to be BELIEVABLE.

Hey wolfz!

Realistic!

Posted Image

Jivix, I can tell you this is not a bug, this was changed since the maximum size of charcoal-pits are now huge, so a 1 to 1 ratio of "weight" of ore and coal is needed in the bloomery(this does not include the charcoal used to heat the bloomery during the process).

so, let's say you want to smelt 20pcs of ore, you would need at least 21 pieces of charcoal for this, in most cases(higher tier metals) this is not quite sufficient and you need to add a few more pieces to the bloomery to keep it hot while the metal is extracted from the ores.

And, "small" ores are not smaller per say, they contain a smaller amount of metal than the "normal" counterparts, that's why you need just as much charcoal for them as you would for the normal ones.

I believe this however is covered on the wiki and in the change-logs, so next time please read those ;)

You're not annoying me, but the others!

Jivix, I can tell you this is not a bug, this was changed since the maximum size of charcoal-pits are now huge, so a 1 to 1 ratio of "weight" of ore and coal is needed in the bloomery(this does not include the charcoal used to heat the bloomery during the process).

so, let's say you want to smelt 20pcs of ore, you would need at least 21 pieces of charcoal for this, in most cases(higher tier metals) this is not quite sufficient and you need to add a few more pieces to the bloomery to keep it hot while the metal is extracted from the ores.

And, "small" ores are not smaller per say, they contain a smaller amount of metal than the "normal" counterparts, that's why you need just as much charcoal for them as you would for the normal ones.

I believe this however is covered on the wiki and in the change-logs, so next time please read those ;)

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I put in 1 single piece of small copper, then 30 pieces of charcoal. Once that single piece of small copper melts, all the charcoal is suddenly gone.

I didn't see anything pertaining to this in the 15+ changelogs I read, if you could point out the specific line in the changelog that would be very helpful.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I put in 1 single piece of small copper, then 30 pieces of charcoal. Once that single piece of small copper melts, all the charcoal is suddenly gone.

I didn't see anything pertaining to this in the 15+ changelogs I read, if you could point out the specific line in the changelog that would be very helpful.

No, if that(Once that single piece of small copper melts, all the charcoal is suddenly gone.) is happening then it's most likely a bug, if you can reproduce it please outline it in a bug-report so that it can be fixed in future updates.

Or you have a bad installation

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0