Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.

11 posts in this topic

I hate Jeb for all the new update like trading and witches Jeb is turning minecraft into a RPG, all I wanted was simple survival game, but no Jeb wants an RPG. What are your thoughts on the subject?

What i think is that you should simply ignore the RPG stuff -other than levels which won't change the way you play in any way if you don't use them, what forces you to play minecraft as an RPG?-, play MC as you want, go rant about MC on their forums and calm down. If we are in this forums, it is, most of the times, because we don't like how things work in vanilla so we install this mod; so we really don't need confirmation of something most of us already know about and accept.

Let's just be happy with the fact that MC is extremely open to modding, and has a great coders community.

I think JEB is too focused on what he wants and not enough on what makes a game good.

You don't need to hate him only because he is making his game. Remember that Bioxx is now the true mc developer. He is the man that is making a game not for himself, but for we all. I can't say that Bioxx is the new Notch because that will be a lie. But I can say that he is better than Notch.

Dinnerbone was behind witches.

I don't see how any of this is RPG territory, though. I mean, it's really just content being piled onto the game, but it isn't an RPG or an RPG-Like.

If anything is RPG-like, it is the new "level-up = more health" feature in TFC. Though not exclusive to the RPG genre, almost all RPG's have this feature. I like it, but I do not see TFC becoming an actual RPG. Bioxx already stated he is trying not to introduce interactive NPC's to the game which would be almost needed for it to be classified as RPG.

If anything is RPG-like, it is the new "level-up = more health" feature in TFC. Though not exclusive to the RPG genre, almost all RPG's have this feature. I like it, but I do not see TFC becoming an actual RPG. Bioxx already stated he is trying not to introduce interactive NPC's to the game which would be almost needed for it to be classified as RPG.

I hate the use of RPG to mean what you're using it to mean...

I want TFC to be the ultimate end all Role playing game, you most certainly do not need npcs to make a role playing game, you need a cohesive world that exists according to it's own rules.

As it is Minecraft fails at that pretty regularly, not managing to keep one ruleset between any two areas of the game. Most RPGs have some aspect of character growth yes, leveling up however we can clearly say now a days is NOT an rpg feature, most every shooter now pretty well shows this off.

I hate the use of RPG to mean what you're using it to mean...

I want TFC to be the ultimate end all Role playing game, you most certainly do not need npcs to make a role playing game, you need a cohesive world that exists according to it's own rules.

As it is Minecraft fails at that pretty regularly, not managing to keep one ruleset between any two areas of the game. Most RPGs have some aspect of character growth yes, leveling up however we can clearly say now a days is NOT an rpg feature, most every shooter now pretty well shows this off.

To be an RPG you need to play Role and in TFC you play one Huge role: you change the world (which in my view is the main character). There are a ruleset to play it, there are tiers that improves the interaction with the world and there is a leveling system which was a great feature in most RPGs...

More than that Minecraft is Roguelike, you explore and you interact on a sandbox, too bad for the lack of NPCs... I would love seeing millenaire in TFC.

The game is built more rogue-like than an RPG, however it fails at both (To be honest I would be interested if minecraft was more rogue-like-like, and if Notch had thought it out more I think it could have been)

To be honest, I think notch pussied out on a lot of aspects of the game, in the interest of making the game more 'accesible'.

I just wish they'd gone with c++ so we could have less overhead for the same features, but he probably wouldn't have taken it cross platform in that case, even though its possible and not much more difficult if you start with that intent.