Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Neutromancer

Bloomery and charcoal...

56 posts in this topic

I've learned more about natural science since joining this forum than I have from all other years since highschool combined, whether to reinforce a suggestion post or refute someone elses.

Refute! When arguing against someone here and trying to prove them wrong is much more compelling.

Well, If my way of saying things was too complicated, let's just say that I concur with author of this topic and in my previous essay I just told why.

I found your post interesting but had to stop reading midway because the lack of paragraphs was making my eyes bleed ;)

I found your post interesting but had to stop reading midway because the lack of paragraphs was making my eyes bleed ;)

Well... I'm sorry for your eyes, my friend. I'm used to reading (and classic pieces are full of huge multi-page paragraphs; bear in mind that I'm in no way English speaker, so my grammar approach in English can't be perfect by definition) and I figured here of all places people would be accustomed to diligent and patient labor.

Well... I'm sorry for your eyes, my friend. I'm used to reading (and classic pieces are full of huge multi-page paragraphs; bear in mind that I'm in no way English speaker, so my grammar approach in English can't be perfect by definition) and I figured here of all places people would be accustomed to diligent and patient labor.

Don't forget we are accustomed to derail and arguing with others!

I have a question. I looked on the Wiki and didn't see anything that could answer my question.

I know you need a 1:1 ratio of ore and charcoal, but I seem to have some problems with that... If I place one charcoal and one ore in the bloomery and check the GUI, it always reads 0.0kg charcoal but 4.5 kg ore... Does the bloomery need a supply of charcoal to start burning? I always feel like I am placing more charcoal than a 1:1 ratio. Is extra charcoal required to keep the bloomery burning? Is the bloomery buggy a bit? I just haven't found any information about this anywhere. Thanks!

Yeah, it'll be burning the charcoal as time progresses, so you have to place some additional charcoal in there in addition to the 1:1 ratio. It can help to keep an eye on the amount in there and top it up as needed.

Yeah, it'll be burning the charcoal as time progresses, so you have to place some additional charcoal in there in addition to the 1:1 ratio. It can help to keep an eye on the amount in there and top it up as needed.

Ok good to know!

EDIT: Is there a specific amount per ore that needs to be added? I'd love to be perfectly efficient when I do this haha!

It really depends on the ore. Some ores take longer to heat up so you will burn more charcoal during that time. Also some ores require the use of the bellows which also burns more charcoal. Just have to experiment yourself as we aren't allowed to post exact numbers on the board for things like this.

TFC forums

better at teaching than school!

and I'm the god damn professor.

and I'm the god damn professor.

That makes Bioxx the principal?

That makes Bioxx the principal?

The Dean.

This is higher education we're talking about here.

It really depends on the ore. Some ores take longer to heat up so you will burn more charcoal during that time. Also some ores require the use of the bellows which also burns more charcoal. Just have to experiment yourself as we aren't allowed to post exact numbers on the board for things like this.

Oh that's fine with me! I just didn't know if everything worked the same there was a specific number that gets used up when doing it.

Oh that's fine with me! I just didn't know if everything worked the same there was a specific number that gets used up when doing it.

*Looks at the avatar*... OMG, i just realized... it's Achartran grandpa!

(?)

*Looks at the avatar*... OMG, i just realized... it's Achartran grandpa!

(?)

We're both dwarves! ;-)

We're both dwarves! ;-)

well yes, you are a dwarf, but arch also happens to be a master detective

We're both dwarves! ;-)

Yeah, but yours is more like an old dwarf :P

Yeah, but yours is more like an old dwarf :P

True dwarves all have beards! Though generally don't go on expeditions until the age of 60-80... The mountainhomes don't let you take young-ins with you. They are generally birthed while in combat as well.

Ok, ok, enough of my derailment.. :)

True dwarves all have beards! Though generally don't go on expeditions until the age of 60-80... The mountainhomes don't let you take young-ins with you. They are generally birthed while in combat as well.

Ok, ok, enough of my derailment.. :)

How can achartran live without a beard? I read in the past that a dwarf without a beard would rather die than go home so.

Apparently, there is never enough of any derailment, until it gets boring :

How do you get the custom titles? LOL. JAG i saw your post, but I don't have that for some reason? LOL Whatever, I was just wondering.

How do you get the custom titles? LOL. JAG i saw your post, but I don't have that for some reason? LOL Whatever, I was just wondering.

It's dunk. He is the cool custom titles maker.

ASK AND YOU SHALL RECIEVE.

(if I like you...)

You may also receive custom ones if you impress me in some way, or earn it.

It's dunk. He is the cool custom titles maker.

Thank you.

ASK AND YOU SHALL RECIEVE.

(if I like you...)

You may also receive custom ones if you impress me in some way, or earn it.

I'd rather earn it ( so if you don't want to, don't) but could I have one?

AND WOW. Those were FAST replies. :P

I asked. I don't deserve a title :(

"809 posts" you very much earned a title, because you help contribute to the forums. That's the other way to get one, if you have a high enough rating, you can edit your own, I think.