Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Linker190

If you could go back in time and stop any event from happening what would you do?

99 posts in this topic

If you could go back in time and stop any event from happening what would you do?

I would go back and stop WW2 by dropping Hitler off a cliff.

I would go back and stop WW2 by dropping Hitler off a cliff.

That wouldn't really stop WWII, probably just aggravate it. Hitler's followers would be like ALL CAPS RAGE!! and attack.

As for I, I'm still thinking about it. Call me in two. *hands over a business card*

That wouldn't really stop WWII, probably just aggravate it. Hitler's followers would be like ALL CAPS RAGE!! and attack.

As for I, I'm still thinking about it. Call me in two. *hands over a business card*

no i mean kill him before he gets an army of followers

I would go to the dinosaurs era and kill some mosquitoes, Homer style. Just to see what happens :P

i would go back and make minecraft myself before notch

i i would make it like TFC...

I would also go back in time and avoid this thread from being posted.

But wait, if i do that, then i would have had no reason to go back in time in the first place, which means i wouldn't have stopped it from being posted, which means it would be posted, which means i would go back in time, which means i wouldn't, which means i would, which means i wouldn't...

CAN NOT COMPUTE, CAN NOT COMPUTE, AUTODESTRUCTION IN 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!*head blows up*

I would go back in time and avoid JAG's head explosion.

Also, it's the 2nd time that your head blows up this week. How many heads do you have?

I would go back in time and avoid JAG's head explosion.

Also, it's the 2nd time that your head blows up this week. How many heads do you have?

infinite+1

infinite+1

Ha! Impossible. In your post you wrote:

Inmortali... What a... I don't even... What... A...

*His head explodes, leaving a still alive, idiotic headless body standing there :*

And now? What can you say about this?

Yeah, maybe... *pulls out another head from his closet* you wouldn't believe how much new heads i need to keep here so i always have one... Not that common here, but my head is usually blown away by something :

Enough said.

Enough said.

LOL :D

EDIT:Oh, wait. A closet can't contain an infinite number of heads and in your post (the one that you quoted) you didn't say that you have infinite heads in your closet.

That's because mine is a magic closet. And i didn't said the exact number of heads because... well, show me how you write infinite+1 in numbers.

well, show me how you write infinite+1 in numbers.

∞+1

Happy now?

I think that anything major that I did to history might have serious consequences, so I would just stick to changing something in my own life.

I think that anything major that I did to history might have serious consequences, so I would just stick to changing something in my own life.

Well, technically, if you do change something in your own life, you then might have never had the chance to travel back in time; therefore, you would start a paradox, similar to the "killing your own grandfather" paradox. Not sure what would happen then, but i don't think it's nice...

Well, technically, if you do change something in your own life, you then might have never had the chance to travel back in time; therefore, you would start a paradox, similar to the "killing your own grandfather" paradox. Not sure what would happen then, but i don't think it's nice...

If you place all the posts together you can see that going back in time and doing something is a bit impossible. You can't do it, because when you do it, everything changes amd returns to the normal.

Immediately after the initial existence of the universe, annihilate all of it with antimatter.

I have no idea how a stable time loops could form out of that, but maybe it wouldn't be necessary after the destruction of the concept of space and time.

Immediately after the initial existence of the universe, annihilate all of it with antimatter.

I have no idea how a stable time loops could form out of that, but maybe it wouldn't be necessary after the destruction of the concept of space and time.

Right, man! This is what I don't mean!

Right, man! This is what I don't mean!

No, it completely bypasses your problem by ensuring that time does not exist. You can't have an unsolvable problem if the medium for said problem doesn't exist, never existed, and will never exist because those terms are/will be/have been redundant and meaningless.

There is one little problem there, and that is, you would die in the process, since our existance is not possible outside the time-space... Good luck surviving the higher temperature the universe ever had, in the smallest space it ever occupied. So you couldn't see wether it causes or not a time loop. No comprobation; therefore, is nor a truth or a lie, it's just an uncomprobable statement.

There is one little problem there, and that is, you would die in the process, since our existance is not possible outside the time-space... Good luck surviving the higher temperature the universe ever had, in the smallest space it ever occupied. So you couldn't see wether it causes or not a time loop. No comprobation; therefore, is nor a truth or a lie, it's just an uncomprobable statement.

No, if we apply another theory. The theory of the parallel universes. Every universe is back in time of a second than the next to it. There are unlimited universes. You can travel from your to they in a space form, not time. But the only problem of this theory is that your universe stays normal, it doesn't change.

No, if we apply another theory. The theory of the parallel universes. Every universe is back in time of a second than the next to it. There are unlimited universes. You can travel from your to they in a space form, not time. But the only problem of this theory is that your universe stays normal, it doesn't change.

The theory says there are infinite universes, that's true. But it doesn't says they all are different states in time of a single one. Every time an event could have a variety of possible consecuences, a bunch of separated universes are "created" -technically they were always there, but you don't realize they are different until this event occurs-: one for each possibility, in each one of them that possibility that pertains there occurs. Let's say, in this universe i was born in february 20, but in another one i could have born before, january 2, or after, March 29. This events could have happened in any time in history; in fact, this is why universes exactly matching except for the time exist, because there were different possibilities for when the Big bang occurred. This can even lead to universes with different physics laws. Right now an infinitude of universes are suffering from a Big crunch, and at the same time, another infinitude of universes have just started. If we ever have the chance to leave this universe and enter another one, our only hope for our species to go on is that the universes's mortality rate is lower or equal than the universes's natality rate, otherwise sooner or later the existance will be left in a complete and silent emptiness.

The theory says there are infinite universes, that's true. But it doesn't says they all are different states in time of a single one. Every time an event could have a variety of possible consecuences, a bunch of separated universes are "created" -technically they were always there, but you don't realize they are different until this event occurs-: one for each possibility, in each one of them that possibility that pertains there occurs. Let's say, in this universe i was born in february 20, but in another one i could have born before, january 2, or after, March 29. This events could have happened in any time in history; in fact, this is why universes exactly matching except for the time exist, because there were different possibilities for when the Big bang occurred. This can even lead to universes with different physics laws. Right now an infinitude of universes are suffering from a Big crunch, and at the same time, another infinitude of universes have just started. If we ever have the chance to leave this universe and enter another one, our only hope for our species to go on is that the universes's mortality rate is lower or equal than the universes's natality rate, otherwise sooner or later the existance will be left in a complete and silent emptiness.

Your is another theory of the parallel universes. There is my theory and your. Both exist.