Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
warfighter67

Build 55: Mobs take forever to be killed

20 posts in this topic

I hit a spider repeatedly for about five minutes with my fists, javelins, axe, etc and it never died.

mobs have alot of health now just like steve have 1000!

Also, an unrelated issue, but when I ragequit my world after losing a fight to the immortal mobs, Minecraft is hanging on "Shutting down internal server."

No crash report yet because it hasn't 'crashed'

I'll post one when or if it's available.

mobs have alot of health now just like steve have 1000!

I'm aware, but I believe in the changelog he stated that damage was scaled to deal with the new health, which in this case, it obviously hasn't.

2012-10-28 13:48:33 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.NullPointerException

2012-10-28 13:48:33 [INFO] [STDERR] at bw.b(MemoryConnection.java:154)

2012-10-28 13:48:33 [INFO] [STDERR] at bw.a(MemoryConnection.java:48)

2012-10-28 13:48:33 [INFO] [STDERR] at im.b(NetServerHandler.java:647)

2012-10-28 13:48:33 [INFO] [STDERR] at im.c(NetServerHandler.java:123)

2012-10-28 13:48:33 [INFO] [STDERR] at ge.r(ServerConfigurationManager.java:876)

2012-10-28 13:48:33 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.k(MinecraftServer.java:401)

2012-10-28 13:48:33 [INFO] [STDERR] at bcb.k(IntegratedServer.java:218)

2012-10-28 13:48:33 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:537)

2012-10-28 13:48:33 [INFO] [STDERR] at fp.run(SourceFile:818)

I'm aware, but I believe in the changelog he stated that damage was scaled to deal with the new health, which in this case, it obviously hasn't.

yes but i do believe that bioxx do not want us to be fighting mobs with our fists so the damage of the weapons has been scaled to be fair, that includes making steve's fists utterly useles in a fight against a zombie...

ps: warfighter i am always getting this "crash" too, lets just await for the new bug fix update...

yes but i do believe that bioxx do not want us to be fighting mobs with our fists so the damage of the weapons has been scaled to be fair, that includes making steve's fists utterly useles in a fight against a zombie...

ps: warfighter i am always getting this "crash" too, lets just await for the new bug fix update...

I was using javelins as well. Also, my stone axe.

I'm fine with fists being useless.. I mean, spider shells are quite hard, and zombies can hardly be taken down by punching, but he should make tools at least useful.

I was using javelins as well. Also, my stone axe.

I'm fine with fists being useless.. I mean, spider shells are quite hard, and zombies can hardly be taken down by punching, but he should make tools at least useful.

the only weapon I've found not useful is fists, and(this I think is an oversight) javelins, axes take most mobs down in a few hits.

I just kinda proved my bug when I shoved a sheep down a 50 block cliff and it didn't die.

So far, I've only been able to kill cows and chickens.

If you use a small knife and hit a sheep twice it should die, ive had cows die in one shot with a stone knife as well, so you are probably getting that issue alone, IDK.

If you use a small knife and hit a sheep twice it should die, ive had cows die in one shot with a stone knife as well, so you are probably getting that issue alone, IDK.

Yeah the knife is stupidly powerful lol. Killed a creeper in 3 hits... equal to vanilla diamond sword.

I've sent many mobs falling to their doom from up to 100 blocks high and they still didn't die.

Mobs tested that took no fall damage:

Sheep, Creeper, Spider

Mobs tested that died/took damage:

Cows, Chickens.

Yeah the knife is stupidly powerful lol. Killed a creeper in 3 hits... equal to vanilla diamond sword.

I've sent many mobs falling to their doom from up to 100 blocks high and they still didn't die.

Mobs tested that took no fall damage:

Sheep, Creeper, Spider

Mobs tested that died/took damage:

Cows, Chickens.

But chickens can fly...how can it be?

But chickens can fly...how can it be?

My bad, I don't know why I put chickens there. I only tested cows.

I must have thought I was listing what mobs i was able to kill with my fists.

I was in full agreement that this was a glitch and/or ridiculous until I read here that the knife works great for killing mobs.

(If they really are living from massive cliff-dives then fall damage is probably not working properly at the moment, but I suspect that would be considered a separate bug.)

The only mob I was able to punch to death was a chicken, and it was very easy. Ever kill a chicken? It doesn't exactly take much effort, you just grab on and twist.

Pigs are one-shot with a stone knife. This seemed, well it seemed stupid at first, but Minecraft pigs, cows and sheep are all domesticated which easily noticed in the way they behave. One good slit across the throat, and I doubt that pig will be running away for very long.

I have not used the knife in combat, but if it works the same way, then I believe the damage is unbalanced. It should not be that powerful in combat, but as far as I have seen so far, the damage makes sense to me.

Well at least they should die in the sunlight..this isnt happening.. light doesnt do enough damage...

Noticing same problem here... Can't imagine this being intended:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCkW4TFBh7k

<_<

I can. Why would Bioxx fix a vanilla diamond sword to bring it in line with the new health system if it can never be obtained legitimately? I tested the swords. Tin and Zinc swords kill sheep in two hits.

This is fixed in build 56, as javelin damage is the only real bug.