Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
DJFergy

A couple bugs in build 56

17 posts in this topic

First of all, bows look like this:

Posted Image

The bows shoot backwards when fired rendering them useless. Also optifine and TFCraft paired together creates some very wonky effects. Lastly, the animals don't have any sounds, even when hit or walking.

Found another. Here's the scenario: I was in creative, herp derping about. I then used a command to change my gamemode to survival and started battling mobs. I dided from a skeleton. I tried to respawn but each time I did, I would die instantaneously. EDIT: It's dying in general not just dying from creeps.

You can die from hunger/thirst in creative mode.

If I find any more bugs I will post them here.

Also optifine and TFCraft paired together creates some very wonky effects.

:( :( Why this happened? However thanks for your work +1 man!

EDIT: Tried that combo and weird things happened. Water disappearing, rocks disappearing, pigs disappearing, sometimes they fly, grass disappearing, other water disappearing. That's the hell! No longer use optifine to return in the heaven.

Found another. Here's the scenario: I was in creative, herp derping about. I then used a command to change my gamemode to survival and started battling mobs. I dided from a skeleton. I tried to respawn but each time I did, I would die instantaneously. Best to play on peaceful for the time being.....

I suggest you to edit the OP than posting everytime. It's more understandable.

I suggest you to edit the OP than posting everytime. It's more understandable.

Alright

Hi there,

I'm testing B56 too, and have the same bugs with optifine, sound etc...

Optifine is definitly the weird one !

So i wait for the next build, keep the good work Bioxx, your mod is really the best one, i can't play anymore to vanilla MC :D

I can't play anymore to other mod your's is the only one.

Similarly to the above, optifine and terrafirma 56 are doing some strange things, sadly I can't play it without optifine. Also as I've not seen anyone else mention it but occaisonally the inventory doesn't show the stuff you have in it either, though again it is optifine related.

TFC+Optifine= when looking straight down view glitching, 3rd person shows my neck snapping... also invisible mobs, including hostiles, invisible water especially at ponds/small lakes. EDIT= im using version 56

TFC+Optifine= when lookind straight down wiev glitching, 3rd person shows my neck snapping... also invisible mobs, including hostiles, invisible water especially at ponds/small lakes. EDIT= im using version 56

Already said. But after all you're new here...

:blink:WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL TFC FORUMS!!! :blink:

Why you need optifine? Just run TFC without it...problem solved

Some people use it because it makes the game playable on their older systems.

I use it, as many others with newer PCs, to get even more FPS and benefit from more control over rendering and video settings.

When I die its over... cant respawn..when i click respawn the server crashes..?

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// I just don't know what went wrong :(

Time: 29-10-12 18:14

Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: TFC.Food.FoodStatsTFC.a(I)V

at TFC.Core.Player.PlayerTracker.onPlayerRespawn(PlayerTracker.java:31)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.onPlayerRespawn(GameRegistry.java:303)

at ge.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:374)

at im.a(NetServerHandler.java:831)

at co.a(SourceFile:30)

at bx.b(TcpConnection.java:441)

at im.d(NetServerHandler.java:80)

at in.b(NetworkListenThread.java:55)

at hk.b(SourceFile:30)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:664)

at hg.r(DedicatedServer.java:241)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:585)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:492)

at fp.run(SourceFile:818)

Problem Respawning when deading on server B56 !

The error :

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// Uh... Did I do that?

Time: 29/10/12 19:41

Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: TFC.Food.FoodStatsTFC.a(I)V

at TFC.Core.Player.PlayerTracker.onPlayerRespawn(PlayerTracker.java:31)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.onPlayerRespawn(GameRegistry.java:303)

at ge.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:374)

at im.a(NetServerHandler.java:837)

at co.a(SourceFile:30)

at bx.b(TcpConnection.java:441)

at im.d(NetServerHandler.java:82)

at in.b(NetworkListenThread.java:55)

at hk.b(SourceFile:30)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:664)

at hg.r(DedicatedServer.java:241)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:585)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:492)

at fp.run(SourceFile:818)

Relevant Details:

- Minecraft Version: 1.4.2

- Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1

- Java Version: 1.7.0_09, Oracle Corporation

- Java VM Version: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

- Memory: 758333584 bytes (723 MB) / 1037959168 bytes (989 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)

- JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M

- AABB Pool Size: 6831 (382536 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 6579 (368424 bytes; 0 MB) used

- FML: ~ERROR~ NullPointerException: null

- Is Modded: Definitely; 'forge,fml'

- Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

- Vec3 Pool Size: 3597 (201432 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 3285 (183960 bytes; 0 MB) used

- Player Count: 2 / 20; [ih['MaKeTuTzZaStyle'/842, l='world', x=2585.36, y=153.00, z=-10067.15], ih['darthwader'/268, l='world', x=2580.50, y=157.62, z=-10043.50]]

- World world Entities: 0 total; []

- World world Players: 0 total; []

- World world Chunk Stats: ServerChunkCache: 0 Drop: 0

- Type: Dedicated Server

I use it for the HD patcher and the ability to set view distance higher than vanilla, I think most people use it because their computer can't play the game properly without.

I use it for the better grass and because it gives me more fps.

Optifine does a lot more than let lower end systems run MC. It also enables a bunch of OpenGL that vanilla never bothered to include that make the game look and run much much better.

To everyone though, I'm really curious about these optifine glitches. I actually have more glitchiness - just like what people are describing - when I'm NOT running Opti. Without opti, there are vast holes in the landscape where you can see way down into the depths. Look in one direction, then look away, then look back and sometimes that whole side of the world no longer renders. All of this started happening from 1.3.x on, but when I started using Optifine, it all looked and worked fine.

With 1.4.2 though I do have a different issue with opti, and it's that you can see the edge of every block. There's a very thin line that doesn't render at the edge, so the landscape is filled with blue-lined cubes.

As for TFC, I have that bow problem too. Probably just like the other little texture issues (like fireplaces)