Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
redundantusage

Loose Rock Placement

64 posts in this topic

To make the world look wayy better than a world without coloured sand.

Why? Did you not read that whole schpeel about how it's the GRAVEL that should be colored based on rock types, not sand? You know, by Dunk?

And yes Kimble, it was a play on EternalUndeath's name *gives cookie*.

sand should be LIGHTLY tinted. While it should be mostly yellowed, there should be a light tint based on its region with a few exceptions to allow white and black sand. a simple texture change would suffice for this.

Couldn't that be solved by just making a texture pack that changes it from solid colors to tinted sand and sending it to Bioxx?

We need more than black and white here. Remember these sands are an attempt to add a little pizzazz to our worlds they do exist beyond just normal color tints.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

We need to go beyond for beaches at least, deserts I can understand being tints but the beaches look amazing. For deserts if you want a tint try to keep it between red and yellow that should be easiest and make the most sense.

As for the glass, you are both right in ancient times glass color depended on both sand used and mineral additives. At first only dependent on sand and then came into use later minerals used. Early glass was almost exclusively green due to iron found in the sand, for that matter most of our glass still has a slight green tint. Allow the actual sand wasn't green so that will mess with newbies a bit. My question is do you want to add in all the minerals required to color everything? I suppose we could use metals although this technically incorrect but much simpler than adding in everything. In addition to what we have, we need manganese, titanium, chrome, and selenium.

Some of these aren't from our time period here is a link to a page about historic glass if you would like to know more. I just know that those elements would not be worth adding. http://www.realscience.breckschool.org/upper/fruen/files/Enrichmentarticles/files/AncientGlass/AncientGlass.html

aside from the green sand, I was quite aware of those colours.

what causes the green btw? what is the impurity?

Why stupid? However coloured sand is strange but TFC needs it.

I'm curious why you think coloured sand is weird? Seems kind of normal... around here we have three pretty distinct types of sand that are all quite different colours in the yellow-grey range. Further south on the US side, there's a bunch more types of sand, many of them bright orange, rich reds, and if you hit the coasts you can find dark black sand (which we also have way up north of me, but it's black for non-rock reasons).

Volcanic Olivine crystals cause the green. I was surprised to find that the pink was caused by manganese which would have caused purple glass interestingly enough. Our "sand" where I am at is mostly black but it is also all gravel so.

I'm curious why you think coloured sand is weird?

Because I don't live in the US like you and for you coloured sand is normal, but for me it's a new thing.

Because I don't live in the US like you and for you coloured sand is normal, but for me it's a new thing.

I don't live in the US either, but yeah. Italy has a few different coloured sands too. Whites yellows pinks and browns.

I don't live in the US either, but yeah. Italy has a few different coloured sands too. Whites yellows pinks and browns.

I consider that normal sand, but light blue and grey sand are new for me.

I've heard that there is a deep red sand out there that naturally occurs in some desert or other.

Probably Arizona or Utah. I think there's some spots in Africa with some very red sands too... East Africa in the Rift region.

I like the idea. The amount of stone found on the surface doesn't seem realistic.

Few solutions could be, that it would spawn always near gravel and uncovered stones. Especially around river biomes, that should have plenty of gravel since water flushes everything smaller away. Often.

Posted Image

(I had a better photo but this community doesn't accept it's format...)

Or additionally it could have a % chance to drop from gravel similar to flint.

Also, am I the only one who finds it... intriguing that a small pebbel on the ground turns into a 1m*1m block of cobblestone if I pick it up?

Maybe cobblestone should act similar to a logpile, storing multiple small stones?

Also, am I the only one who finds it... intriguing that a small pebbel on the ground turns into a 1m*1m block of cobblestone if I pick it up?

Maybe cobblestone should act similar to a logpile, storing multiple small stones?

This is a temporary holdover until bioxx gets around to making a replacement for it. He has previously stated that he has no intention of having rocks produce cobble in the way they currently are, on a permanent basis.